Car crash videos

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Car crash videos

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Oct 2018, 14:25

Been watching a few of those, some lessons reaffirmed:

1. Don’t run a red light

2. Turn left from the left lane or a left turning lane, give way to cyclists

2.1. Turn right from the right lane or a right turning lane

2.2. STAY in your lane when turning, too many cockheads decide they need to be in the righthand turning lane and just barge across

3. Use your indicators, use your mirrors esp when lane changing. Use your eyes too!

4. Respect semis, Bdoubles etc, they can’t stop on a dime, could easily be 40 tons of weight in there.

5. Slow down in wet weather, seeing a car fishtailing, skidding 180° circle is fun when seen in a YouTube but it is fucking dangerous, could get cleaned up by a semi!

6. Just because one lane of traffic has stopped DON’T assume the lane next to it is also stopped.

I taught my both my sisters and older sister’s daughters to drive. I told them “Know where you are going and be in the right place on the road to get there” so don’t drive in the left lane shortly before needing to turn right.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Car crash videos

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 00:21

Good thread.

You forgot one of the most important though.

1. Don't tailgate.
2. Don't brake check.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Oct 2018, 07:24

Brakechecking a semi can go horribly wrong!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 07:29

Yeah. And brake checking a semi that tailgates is something I did in Hungary. I almost got killed on the motorway from Budapesta to Gyor. Three truck drivers on brand new white Volvo trucks with Czech plates had an action with me.

Fucken drug addicts.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Oct 2018, 07:34

The Russian car crash videos show trucks travelling on their sides a lot :rofl :rofl :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 07:38

HBS Guy wrote:The Russian car crash videos show trucks travelling on their sides a lot :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'm thankful to God I don't live there. Russia is a place you can be killed easily in a vehicular manslaughter. Or in Africa or Asia. Here we barely have any car incidents. Most of the incidents happen because of potholes anyways.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Oct 2018, 07:40

Those Yugos really fall apart very easily.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 07:55

HBS Guy wrote:Those Yugos really fall apart very easily.

Lol the Serbian Zastava Yugos? They were considered the most expensive car here during the communism. Yugos were more expensive than a Lada or a Volga which were crème de la crème. Now imagine that.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Oct 2018, 07:58

ahaha
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 08:05

HBS Guy wrote:ahaha

Yugo also reminds me of Serb turbo folk gypsy music.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Oct 2018, 08:11

sounds dreadful.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 19 Oct 2018, 12:07

HBS Guy wrote:sounds dreadful.

You don't want to know.
fisherman

Postby SethBullock » 27 Oct 2018, 05:51

I never tailgate. This is one of the more suicidal things you can do behind the wheel. I can't even begin to tell how many crashes I've avoided by giving myself the time and space to react. And it also gives the driver behind you time and space to react if you don't have to smash the brakes as hard because you gave yourself the extra time and space ahead of you. So refusing to tailgate prevents you from crashing into the car ahead of you, and it helps prevent the car behind you from crashing into you. Best advice ever about driving.

Similarly, when you roll up to stopped traffic, leave yourself about a car length of escape room between you and the car ahead of you.

Don't use text messaging while driving.

And if you're driving and chatting with someone next to you in the car, for god's sake, don't turn your head and look at them while you're talking. Just keep looking straight ahead and talk. I've got a sister in law who, long ago, I refused to ever ride with again because she did this habitually.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 19:58

SethBullock wrote:Don't use text messaging while driving.

it's illegal to even touch your mobile phone while driving over here. No even if you are using i to navigate. You can use it with wireless, but if you touch it and a cop see's you, it's a pretty hefty fine
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 28 Oct 2018, 01:23

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Don't use text messaging while driving.

it's illegal to even touch your mobile phone while driving over here. No even if you are using i to navigate. You can use it with wireless, but if you touch it and a cop see's you, it's a pretty hefty fine

Same here. You may use it with wireless unless you're a driver under the age of 18. Under 18, you can't even use wireless. If you're using navigation, you may turn off navigation once you don't need it anymore, but that's it. Otherwise, you have to pull over and park if you wish to handle the phone. You may call 911 in an emergency while driving if no one else in the car is capable of doing it.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Return to Sand Pit