Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Squire » 05 Jul 2018, 18:43

I mean, don't plan beyond 1.5 billion years with certainty.

That's if a planet-destroying comet or space rock doesn't strike first.

https://www.livescience.com/39775-how-long-can-earth-support-life.html

[quote][/quote]How Much Longer Can Earth Support Life?
By Wynne Parry | September 18, 2013 07:10pm ET

Earth could continue to host life for at least another 1.75 billion years, as long as nuclear holocaust, an errant asteroid or some other disaster doesn't intervene, a new study calculates.

But even without such dramatic doomsday scenarios, astronomical forces will eventually render the planet uninhabitable. Somewhere between 1.75 billion and 3.25 billion years from now, Earth will travel out of the solar system's habitable zone and into the "hot zone," new research indicates.

These zones are defined by water. In the habitable zone, a planet (whether in this solar system or an alien one) is just the right distance from its star to have liquid water. Closer to the sun, in the "hot zone," the Earth's oceans would evaporate. Of course, conditions for complex life — including humans — would become untenable before the planet entered the hot zone. [The Top 10 Ways to Destroy Earth]

Advertisement

But the researchers' main concern was the search for life on other planets, not predicting a timeline for the end of life on this one.

The evolution of complex life on Earth suggests the process requires a lot of time.

Simple cells first appeared on Earth nearly 4 billion years ago. "We had insects 400 million years ago, dinosaurs 300 million years ago and flowering plants 130 million years ago," lead researcher Andrew Rushby, of the University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom, said in a statement."Anatomically modern humans have only been around for the last 200,000 years — so you can see it takes a really long time for intelligent life to develop."

Rushby and his colleagues developed a new tool to help evaluate the amount of time available for the evolution of life on other planets: a model that predicts the time a planet would spend in its habitable zone. In the research, published today (Sept. 18) in the journal Astrobiology,they applied the model to Earth and eight other planets currently in the habitable zone, including Mars.

They calculated that Earth's habitable-zone lifetime is as long as 7.79 billion years. (Earth is estimated to be about 4.5 billion years old.) Meanwhile, the other planets had habitable-zone lifetimes ranging from 1 billion years to 54.72 billion years.

"If we ever needed to move to another planet, Mars is probably our best bet," Rushby said in a statement. "It's very close and will remain in the habitable zone until the end of the sun's lifetime — 6 billion years from now."

While other models have been developed for Earth, they are not suitable for other planets, he added.
User avatar
Squire
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 597
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 11:35
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Sir Bobby » 05 Jul 2018, 21:13

I heard that life can only exist for another 500 million years.
The Sun gets slightly hotter and hotter as it burns its Hydrogen into Helium.
By then the Sun will be too hot for liquid water to exist on Earth.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2018, 21:31

Sir Bobby wrote:The Sun gets slightly hotter and hotter as it burns its Hydrogen into Helium.
By then the Sun will be too hot for liquid water to exist on Earth.


didn't you say we were heading to an ice age? :giggle :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Sir Bobby » 05 Jul 2018, 21:40

johnsmith wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:The Sun gets slightly hotter and hotter as it burns its Hydrogen into Helium.
By then the Sun will be too hot for liquid water to exist on Earth.


didn't you say we were heading to an ice age? :giggle :giggle



In the next 10 to 15 years we are heading for a mini ice age -
it's already started - see my latest post in the ice age thread.

In 500 million years the Earth will be cooked by the Sun.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2018, 21:43

Sir Bobby wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:The Sun gets slightly hotter and hotter as it burns its Hydrogen into Helium.
By then the Sun will be too hot for liquid water to exist on Earth.


didn't you say we were heading to an ice age? :giggle :giggle



In the next 10 to 15 years we are heading for a mini ice age -
it's already started - see my latest post in the ice age thread.

In 500 million years the Earth will be cooked by the Sun.


yet in the middle of winter, I was wearing shorts and a tshirt today, europe is going through a prolonged heatwave, and the polar caps are melting

fucken hell you are stupid.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2018, 21:44

Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 48558
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Sir Bobby » 05 Jul 2018, 21:48

HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2018, 21:51

You fell for a stupid scam. You donated money to the scammer, Dubyne. I suggest you act now to get that money back.

Don’t take my advice, no skin off my nose.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 48558
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2018, 21:52

Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.



I'll give you a hint dopey, you don't support ideas just because they're an alternative, you support ideas that are supported by facts. Your ice age crap is about as factual as my kids little golden books. :h
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Sir Bobby » 06 Jul 2018, 07:22

johnsmith wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.



I'll give you a hint dopey, you don't support ideas just because they're an alternative, you support ideas that are supported by facts.
Your ice age crap is about as factual as my kids little golden books. :h



No way buddy - without me you wouldn't know the truth.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jul 2018, 07:35

Here is some truth for you Booby:

World wide heat wave!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/07/03/hot-planet-all-time-heat-records-have-been-set-all-over-the-world-in-last-week/?utm_term=.8c1009c623ee

I bet that Liar Dubyne will NEVER talk about that!

Namibia is enjoying temps upper 20s to low 30s°C. What is cold about that, Booby? That is in winter time, remember?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 48558
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Jul 2018, 08:48

Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.

frosty pics in Warwick
Melbourne coldest day in 30ish years
coldest average month in Melbourne in 6 years
and on and on
All the winter events u have posted about Australia booby , r from main stream media.... what r u on about ? :huh
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 401
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jul 2018, 09:13

Sir Bobby wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.



I'll give you a hint dopey, you don't support ideas just because they're an alternative, you support ideas that are supported by facts.
Your ice age crap is about as factual as my kids little golden books. :h



No way buddy - without me you wouldn't know the truth.


is it time to make another donation boobie? :rofl :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jul 2018, 09:48

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Antarctica is melting, sea levels are rising, permafrost is thawing. The ice age scam is over, hurry and get your donations back from Dubyne, too many ask for that he will disappear! Hurry!



I never gave any money to DuByne.
All I did was support an alternative idea that didn't agree with the media brainwashing.
Notice that the media doesn't report all the cold events?
You only find out about because of me & David DuByne.

You should thank me.

frosty pics in Warwick
Melbourne coldest day in 30ish years
coldest average month in Melbourne in 6 years
and on and on
All the winter events u have posted about Australia booby , r from main stream media.... what r u on about ? :huh


I know! To thank Booby for his latest donation Dubyne posts “Australian Superfreeze news, without control of MSM” and links the Ice age thread in OzPol. Talk about LAUGH!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 48558
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Don't make any long term plans. Earth is doomed

Postby Squire » 07 Jul 2018, 12:29

Bobby's assets should be frozen so DuByne doesn't scam Bobby of all his worldly goods.
User avatar
Squire
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 597
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 11:35
spamone: Animal


Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests