New Ice Age

This board is moving to a new board running different, more capable software. Please go here:

http://www.polanimal.com.au/xenforo

You will need to be issued a temporary password on the new board. Please PM HBS Guy, Aussie or mothra for one.

The new board is well worth the little bit of pain involved.

This board will remain open for users who have not posted recently to find the new board

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
johnsmith
Lion
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:This storm that happened on the GC was apparently a once in a 100 year event we heard.
nah ... more like once a year. My garage got flooded ... water almost got inside due to a blocked storm water line in my front yard but my neighbor saved the day
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

johnsmith wrote:
Lols wrote:This storm that happened on the GC was apparently a once in a 100 year event we heard.
nah ... more like once a year. My garage got flooded ... water almost got inside due to a blocked storm water line in my front yard but my neighbor saved the day
Oh yes, our garage floor was flooded also. It was lucky we were there to stop a lot of soaking damage from happening.
Thing is, we have had this house for about 12 years and never had it like this before. Even the verandas roof near front door got soggy and bowed down so when door was opened it scraped the roof so this had to be fixed. So I’m saying, this particular downpour was exceptionally heavier.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Oh yes, our garage floor was flooded also. It was lucky we were there to stop a lot of soaking damage from happening.
Thing is, we have had this house for about 12 years and never had it like this before. Even the verandas roof near front door got soggy and bowed down so when door was opened it scraped the roof so this had to be fixed. So I’m saying, this particular downpour was exceptionally heavier.

it was heavy ... i understand we copped 75mm of rain in half an hour. I was working in Ormeau at the time so missed it completely. Barely got a drop up there
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Oh dear, LOL! I could almost feel sorry for Booby!

First that idiot Blight turns off voters (e.g. Mr Integrity) and now:
Dr. Tamitha Skov @TamithaSkov
Signs of life! Not even a week has passed since we saw a new cycle #sunspot & now more: our first multi-spot group of #solar cycle 25! This high-latitude region (possibly labelled 2753) is far from the magnetic equator. Yet more evidence our #Sun is waking up, right on time!
Can’t copy tweet link: on Twitter search for @TamithaSkov and select “Latest.”

No GSM, no ice age! I of course, humanitarian that I am, copied that tweet to all the silly hashtags I could think of:
#miniiceage #gotminiiceage #littleiceage etc etc and @Adapt2030 (Booby’s love object, now spurned) and Ice Age Farmer.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Sea level are rising in unexpected places!

Being closer to Antarctica, it should Melbourne that has higher sea levels, not the Timor sea.

Chuck

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

Sir Bobby wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Why are sea levels rising at accelerating rates, Bobby?

Hi Monk,
Don't worry about an almost unmeasurable rise in sea levels.
The sea levels will go down over the next 12 years due to the GSM.
Antarctica is growing larger - even with all that volcanic activity.
The only increase of sea level is in between NG and Indonesia?

As usual the leftist oriented wankers are full of shit!

Especially JS, who simply supplies shit on this web site!
Maybe he is on the Chinese pay role?

That should stir him up! The wanker is unfit to be a moderator!

Chuck

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Chuck wrote: That should stir him up! The wanker is unfit to be a moderator!
this will be interesting

why is that so?
FD.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

:c
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Sea levels are rising at an accelerating rate, the east coast of Australia being one place sea level is higher than elsewhere. Booby of course gets it wrong—he posts something you know it is wrong, crap he accepted unthinkingly from his love object, David Dubyne.

The east coast of the US is where sea level rise is highest.

Sea levels are rising from two causes:

1. melting of glaciers and ice sheets, especially Greenland and Antarctica

2. the ocean upper layers expanding as they get warmer.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

I noticed Bobby started this thread and was reading last year was the hottest and driest year on record and December 2nd hottest ever, Wondering what his Ice Age Take is on that ?
Maybe he can do a Ice Dance for NSW's they need it.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Couple people asked Princess Gobby where is the Ice Age thread so the Princess unhid it.

Now he posts some crap re that kook Zharkova as if her prediction of a GSM in 2024 is solid gold. Silly kook Zharkova studied just two solar cycles, derives some bullshit theory and predicts a GSM in 2024. Her silly ultra-simplistic model can’t hindcast known previous GSMs so her theory and model are dismissed as nonsense.

But to Princess Gobbi no pseudoscience is too outré so she believes in it to the depths of her puny little heart. Then this fuckwit expects us to believe he is an engineer “six years Uni” she flutes while believing any old rubbish.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Keeps going with the stupidity.

Zharkova studied two solar cycles and derived a model. Said model could not hindcast past known GSMs and so her model did not impress and no scientist takes it seriously. Now, like Princess Gobby’s love interest, Zharkova is reduced to pointing to weather events and claiming it is her GSM. In this case, apparently, a -50°C event in, presumably northern, Canada.

This is not science, this is charlatanism. A GSM would affect the whole globe, not bits of it. This is how it was obvious Dubyne has no science, no understanding of climate or what is happening.

The cold in Canada is Arctic air moving out of the Arctic and over Canada. AGW and Arctic Amplification of AGW have weakened the Jet Stream and it now buckles when it hits obstacles like the Greenland Plateau. A bow (bulge to the south) directs Arctic air south and this is what happened to Canada and parts of CONUS. You will notice these “GSM Ice Age” events always happen in fairly high latitudes of the northern hemisphere. Against that, Alaska is getting quite warm and ice has disappeared off its coasts. Simplistic bullshit!

The southern hemisphere Jet Stream is also disorganised and weakened and we do get some Antarctic air (a few years ago a blob of Antarctic air left the Antarctic Peninsula due north and hit the East coast of Australia bringing snow as far north as southern Queensland (of course Dubyne and Princess said this was the GSM—why have we not seen more events like this Booby?)

So Zharkova got her model quite wrong and instead of buckling down and doing more study to improve her understanding is doubling down and sticking to her flawed, simplistic model. She is no authority on climate of solar physics. She is actually a mathematician not scientist.

A 1°K (Kelvin or absolute temperature scale) drop globally due to a GSM is preposterous, a GSM causes more like a 0.1–0.2°K drop globally. AGW warms by about 0.2°C a decade and what with the warm oceans buffering any temperature drop we just wouldn’t notice any damn GSM that comes along! Which they won’t in the next couple of decades.

Dubyne, failed business man, failed Bitcoin trader needed to find some income fast. How he came to talk about things he knows nothing about like astrophysics and climate I don’t know. He may have worked out himself that people were scared of AGW so talking about an end to AGW, even a little ice age, would be popular and create an income from monetised video channels, donations, even selling off his remaining Bitcoins etc but he is not very bright and may have been approached by Heartland etc. It was hilarious, Dubyne preaching end of the world ice age trying to sell Bitcoins and being asked “if the civilisation, power networks will be destroyed by the Ice Age how can we turn our Bit¢coins into money? Dubyne, of course, never had an answer.

So you see Booby, once again you know nothing and make appeals to authority to people who are not authorities.

And Princess Gobby passed on my private details from IQ to Dubyne. Doxxer Booby!

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

You doxxing idiot Booby! Zharkova studied TWO cycles of the sun and thought she knew it all. Her simplistic model could NOT hindcast past known GSMs. Her model, theory is rubbish. No scientist takes it seriously. I guess, considering how gullible and stupid you are, we will have to wait until 2024 and no GSM before you see this.

You talked of a GSM having started in 2016. Funny then that 2019 was the second hottest year and 2020 will likely be warmer! So you have to admit Dubyne, not a scientist, bit of a dope, was wrong. Now relying on another false prophet? Do you ever start thinking?

How cute, Booby copied my “doubling down.”

You should do a bit of reading about Zharkova and her stupid non-working model and then you would see she is a charlatan like Dubyne.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

No one is more surprised than Valentina Zharkova that her research prompted a worldwide media storm over the next ice age.
That's because her research never even mentioned an ice age.
Zharkova, a professor of mathematics at Northumbria University in England, argued at Royal Astronomical Society’s national meeting last week that solar activity will decline drastically in the 2030s. She posited that the sun's activity will be comparable to a period in the 17th century known as the Maunder minimum. The period coincided with the “Little Ice Age,” when a cold spell fell over Europe and parts of North America.
Media outlets got wind of her research and some concluded it suggested the 2030s would be the world’s next ice age because of the drop in solar activity.
“In the press release, we didn’t say anything about climate change,” she told USA TODAY. “My guess is when they heard about Maunder minimum, they used Wikipedia or something to find out more about it.”
So her academic theory, to her surprise, began trending on social media and went viral. Scientists, however, are pushing back against the ice age warnings.

I remember when I first herd Bobby talking about the ice age I found this out.
I remember another article where she said at worse it might negate other warming effects but wouldn't count on it.
So it wasn't her or her teams fault for the Mini Ice age scare, But some half cocked journalists that got the ball running.... :purple

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yup, read all about that, yonks ago. However, her model is just wrong: if it couldn’t hindcast known past GSMs who is going to pay any attention to it? Gullible fools like Booby!

Booby talked of some interview Zharkova did? Wonder if it is the presentation to the deniers in the GWPF?

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Well, wasn’t the presentation to the GWPF. Still the same crap: we are supposed to believe Zharkova about a GSM now even tho her model could not hindcast past known GSMs. Worthless!

Booby, you unintelligent, foolish, uneducated, gullible little numpty of a doxxer, try and think and not just accept any crap that comes along.

If Zharkova’s model could not hindcast known past GSMs it is probably wrong about the claim of a GSM now. Can you try and understand that? You believed, uncritically, Dubyne’s nonsense of a GSM that started in 2016. I guess you have let go of that fantasy. Zharkoza’s model does not work. Zharkoza’s model was SHOWN not to work.

Zharkova should have accepted defeat and done a lot more work, studied many more solar cycles.

As it is Zharkova is just another Dubyne, another charlatan. Worthless.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Oh yeah, and people pointed out the end of the 20th century maximum long before Zharkoza entered the picture.

Booby forgets that sunspot activity has started rising again.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

And if you want to talk apologies—I am STILL waiting on one from you about the unprovoked trolling of me and mothra that you did, including the bestiality taunt IQ bored everyone with for three fucking years because he does not have the intelligence or wit to think up another joke or another taunt.

Care to man up and apologise you piece of shit?

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

Chuck wrote: That should stir him up! The wanker is unfit to be a moderator! Chuck
Are you offering your services as an alternative?

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Poor little Princess had her thread on Chinese biological warfare squashed by big mean old Sad Kangaroo. Any stupid myth doing the rounds and Booby can’t help jumping on the bandwagon. Incurable stupidity and gullibility.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

HBS Guy wrote:Poor little Princess had her thread on Chinese biological warfare squashed by big mean old Sad Kangaroo. Any stupid myth doing the rounds and Booby can’t help jumping on the bandwagon. Incurable stupidity and gullibility.
Chinese biological warfare is something deserving serious discussion. Conspiracy theories no.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yup, having discussion diverted to kindergarten–level discussions a waste of time.

A failed model is a failed model. Throw it away and study more and develop something better. If the model could not hindcast the 17th-18th century Maunder Minimum it probably can’t predict a GSM now. All the stuff about the sun and earth moving about the barycentre was wrong—the semimajor axis of the Earths orbit does not increase.

There is a loooong thread in Pubpeer on the failed model, clearly it is failed and clearly Z doesn’t want to admit it.

Booby look for “And then there’s physics” by a real physicist discussing the Zharkova flop.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Has Princess Gobby already given up on the Zharkova nonsense? John Taverner did rather put a dampener on the ice age bullshit by showing Cycle 25 will be the same as Cycle 24, no GSM.

Will the Princess ever face reality? Doubt it.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

Can I move this to that Environment Board?

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

This is THE classic logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority:
Keep going - debunk David DuByne
and anyone else including university professors.
David Dubyne is no authority on anything much, could give masterclasses in grifting and scamming I suppose. Zharkova’s model did not work, Booby, it could not hindcast the Wolf, Maunder or Dalton GSMs. Zharkova is no authority on the sun or climate!