New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Dec 2018, 03:01

Yes, Arctic Amplification.

Predicted temp for 2019:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Dec 2018, 16:26

Ha! I haven’t looked but that idiot Booby has or will soon quote the hailstorm in Sydney as “proof” of his idiotic ice age. Dubyne will make that claim—and I will refute it on Twitter. Just performing a public service.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 21 Dec 2018, 17:53

Bobby is just like HAL, flawed and dangerous
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Dec 2018, 18:53

If not Booby then it will be The Moronic who is stupider than Booby.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jan 2019, 17:45

Is Booby still professing to believe in the “New Ice Age?”

2018 third warmest year in Australian history, rest of world warm too (yes, a lot of US and Canada had a cold snowy period due to a bow i the Jet Stream funneling Arctic air south but the Arctic warmed in consequence.)
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/updates/articles/a031.shtml

Now 2019 is an El Nino year and we have felt that already, 2 or 3 days over 40°C (about 106°F) in the Christmass-New Year week. The 2018 NH summer was hot even tho 2018 was a La Nina year.

Only a dribbling idiot would believe in an ice age anytime soon. In fact, the AGW we have already experienced has pushed back the date of the next glaciation by at least 50,000 years.

So, a New Years resolution for Booby:

1. Check up on what plausible-sounding people tell him

2. Read more NASA/NOAA/BuMet etc reports as well as watching, for another pointless year, YouTubes about local weather.

Of course, Booby is just too bloody gullible to do more than watch DuByne YouTubes that he believes implicitly. I wonder how much the idiot has donated to him?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Feb 2019, 16:15

As a break from work I had a look at the latest Dubyne rubbish. Nah, not the video, reading some of the comments. What a bunch of morons and cretins! In between tho you how warm late winter in the US has been, peach & plum trees have already started flowering: these buds will not survive spring, another year of little to no harvet for those grower s.

Obviously, not that Dubyne EVER mentions stuff like this: probably doesn’t know that and his job is to sow disinformation.

And Booby laps it all up and thinks it is real and true and wonderful. Gullible little princess!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2019, 16:18

can someone tell goober to bring on this ice age. i'm over this heat. 35 again today. :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Feb 2019, 16:35

You tell him, I do not post in the thunderbox.

Heh, used that term to Annie and had to explain it :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 24 Feb 2019, 07:17

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1550952988
" Bobby is just presenting a different point of view.
Don't make ad hominem attacks on him -
argue instead the various points on their merits"
as u can see on this thread he a upstanding Man. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Tally » 24 Feb 2019, 12:26

An ice age, that's a joke, right?
Luceat Lux Vestra
Tally
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Feb 2019, 16:45

Tally wrote:An ice age, that's a joke, right?

Yup!

He is beyond stupidly gullible, is why I call him Booby.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Feb 2019, 16:49

DonDeeHippy wrote:http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1550952988

Booby is pretending an ice age is imminent. Apparently it started in 2015.

What can I say? The sun went a bit quiet in the 1980s (also in the 1960s) yet we have warmed 0.5°C since 1990.

Look at this graph:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Feb 2019, 16:58

If the sun was to go into a GSM sometime the maximum cooling (Maunder level GSM) would be 0.3°C.

A GSM does not remove CO2/CH4/N2O/CFCs/O3 etc etc from the atmosphere—it is in the sun.

So AGW will keep going, warming by 0.2°C per decade.

Not a recipe for an ice age is it?

No doubt Booby posted videos by snake oil seller Dubyne about the cold and snow in the US. That video would not have mentioned the unusually warm Arctic and definitely would not have mentioned the unusual heat in Australia (Pt Augusta 49.5°C for fucks sake) or the fact that South America suffered unusual heat too, 30°C being experienced further south than ever before, practically to Tierra Del Fuego!

NASA seems to think a GSM may hit by about 2050, we will be 3 decades worth of heating, or 0.6°C hotter than now—with peak temperatures possibly over 50°C in Adelaide and approaching that in Melbourne.

Booby is a clown.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Feb 2019, 04:22

DonDeeHippy wrote:http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1550952988

Booby’s trouble is he is so gullible. He also likes to be patted on the head by those in authority: FD and Dubyne.

We have told him countless times the Dubyne idiotic YouTubes cover local weather, omit all reference to hot events never mention science.

High rain is often quoted as a sign of the non-existent ice age: primary school science would tell him that can’t be: to get high precipitation you need high evaporation beforehand and when do you see more evaporation? When WARM seas evaporate into warm air!

In fact it has heated so much that the air can hold 8% more moisture than it could a hundred years ago, 1.5% more moisture every decade. No wonder we get big precipitation events!

Dubyne also quotes hail, especially big hailstones, as proof of the ice age. Plausible, sort of: hail is frozen water, ice! But the ice is formed not on the surface but high up in the atmosphere where it is cold and the higher you go the colder it gets. Hail is formed in thunderstorms where powerful thermals send moist air high up where it cools and moisture can freeze. The warmer the surface is the stronger the updrafts. The higher up the hail is formed the more ice it can accrete and it can merge with adjacent hailstonesce the as it falls. Hailstones do not grow once they are lower than the clouds in the rgunderstorm.

If the surface was cold hail cannot form. Look up Hail in wiki or where ever, that is the story of hail.

Hail is proof we are not in an ice age.

Then Booby bleats about ad homs. He hands out a few himself. He called me fool and bloody fool all the time. He bleats about presenting another viewpoint etc etc. I get this from some deniers on Twitter, that there is another side to the argument. Nope, there is what science tells us, maybe some quibble about interpretation but the message is clear: the globe is warming and it is warming when all the natural forcings would be cooling us.

Not only is there no ice age the warming so far has reversed an 8000 year old cooling trend. The next real ice age has been pushed back 50,000 years at least.

There is no way that Booby studied engineering for 6 years, he knows no science. That is not an ad hom that is a fact.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2019, 05:16

Heh, a little snapshot of AGW:

I still remember, somehow, that as a kiddy in Holland, around mid 1950s I guess, one summers day I asked my mother if I could take my coat off.

Fast forward to Feb 2019: temperature in my former home town: 18°C. How unusual is that?

average winter temperature is 4 degrees Celsius . . .The summer temperature averages at 18°C…

https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine,delft,Netherlands
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2019, 09:56

My Mum was shocked at the 18°C reading! I have to dissuade her from taking a cardigan with her on a 40°C day that is how she remembers the Dutch climate!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2019, 10:19

On Twitter the last week or so I noticed that idiot deniers were posting the (unreliable, much manipulated/adjusted) UAH 6 temperature series but only up to Sep last year. Reason is obvious—even UAH 6 shows warming since then. Who are they trying to fool, me or themselves?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2019, 17:00

Hmmm having had a giggle at the idiocy Booby posts I had a more sober look:

1. Booby would improve his MRB by banning lee.

2. Booby thinks lee supports him (not) so won’t ban lee

3. lee is into obfuscation, frustrating debate

4. Perpetual flatulence machine. Dubyne MRB does not take off.

Not that I care.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2019, 19:20

That LYING CUNT Dubyne. Liar tweeted today:

@adapt2030

Cosmic Ray Trends
[Link removed, not boosting the cunt’s propaganda!]

Now there is coldest start to winter in Adelaide Australia in the last 103 years, June skiing in Vermont and snow still falls in Idaho.
Support and Watch on []

I replied gently and calmly:
Parakeelia millions!

@PolAnimalAus 3h3 hours ago More

Replying to @adapt2030

You liar! You bloody liar! Winter is a couple months away, liar! We had a day or two of more normal fall temperatures but yesterday was warm at 26°C and today is not cold either. You lie a lot Daave, about Arctic ice recovering (not) and about cold temperatures where none exist!

Of course I went further and provided an education:
I still remember your description of alpine regions of Tas, Vic & NSW being dusted with snow as “Three states blanketed in snow” which was a LIE! I get you are anxious, not winter anywhere right now, but that does not mean blatant bloody lying! Apologise Daave!

More
You are meant, no doubt, to believe that the picture in Adapt2030 tweet above was Adelaide. Not so. Mt Lofty every decade or three gets a little bit of snow but not enough for skiing for goodness sake!

Cosmic rays do not affect climate:
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6316/1119
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/3 ... Ugvpo0tbEF
That was the first study in 2011. Later…falsified by wall memory effects. . .. Most recent study shows rate limiting step is ammonia/amine concentration not cosmic rays

http://rabett.blogspot.com/2016/11/basi ... -rays.html

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like View Tweet activity

Parakeelia millions!

@PolAnimalAus
3h3 hours ago
More
Money quote:
"They found that nearly all nucleation involves either ammonia or biogenic organic compounds. Furthermore, in the present-day atmosphere, cosmic ray intensity cannot meaningfully affect climate via nucleation."

That is actual science, folks. CRs are irrelevant!

More
Adapt2030 does not know science, he just says what his fossil fuel industry paymasters tell him to say. All he does is talk about weather, not climate, never mentions any real science, often lies (coldest start to Adelaide winter FFS, Adelaide is where I live!) Arctic ice growing
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2019, 19:22

That LYING CUNT Dubyne. Liar tweeted today:

@adapt2030

Cosmic Ray Trends
[Link removed, not boosting the cunt’s propaganda!]

Now there is coldest start to winter in Adelaide Australia in the last 103 years, June skiing in Vermont and snow still falls in Idaho.
Support and Watch on []

I replied gently and calmly:
Parakeelia millions! @PolAnimalAus 3h3 hours ago More

Replying to @adapt2030

You liar! You bloody liar! Winter is a couple months away, liar! We had a day or two of more normal fall temperatures but yesterday was warm at 26°C and today is not cold either. You lie a lot Daave, about Arctic ice recovering (not) and about cold temperatures where none exist!

Of course I went further and provided an education:

I still remember your description of alpine regions of Tas, Vic & NSW being dusted with snow as “Three states blanketed in snow” which was a LIE! I get you are anxious, not winter anywhere right now, but that does not mean blatant bloody lying! Apologise Daave!

More
You are meant, no doubt, to believe that the picture in Adapt2030 tweet above was Adelaide. Not so. Mt Lofty every decade or three gets a little bit of snow but not enough for skiing for goodness sake!

Cosmic rays do not affect climate:
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6316/1119
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/3 ... Ugvpo0tbEF
That was the first study in 2011. Later…falsified by wall memory effects. . .. Most recent study shows rate limiting step is ammonia/amine concentration not cosmic rays

http://rabett.blogspot.com/2016/11/basi ... -rays.html

More
Money quote:
"They found that nearly all nucleation involves either ammonia or biogenic organic compounds. Furthermore, in the present-day atmosphere, cosmic ray intensity cannot meaningfully affect climate via nucleation."

That is actual science, folks. CRs are irrelevant!

More
Adapt2030 does not know science, he just says what his fossil fuel industry paymasters tell him to say. All he does is talk about weather, not climate, never mentions any real science, often lies (coldest start to Adelaide winter FFS, Adelaide is where I live!) Arctic ice growing

Of course Booby laps this all up uncritically: he is in love with Dubyne if you ask me. He even lapped up the shit about “three states blanketed in snow.”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Apr 2019, 14:49

Fucking idiot Booby the Gullible Little Fool!

Ice age? It was 32°C on my car thermometer today—I thought ai was rather working up a sweat!

32°C in Tassie in middle of fall!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 14:31

Had a look at the Dubyne MRB. Hilarious.

Booby posted a collection of crap by Dubyne. Half had to do with floods. Floods come from big precipitation. Big precipitation can’t happen without big evaporation beforehand. When do you expect big evaporation, in a warm or cold world? This is, at best, junior high school science so all should know this. The cold in places is easily explained by changes to the Jet Stream because of AGW and Arctic Amplification of it. The Arctic is warm and sea ice extent there was at record low in April and is now at about the level it was in big El Nino year 2016. Not a sign of an ice age.

Meantime lee is trying to convince himself ACORN2 is worthless. Dunno why, any changes made by BoM are quite few and very small and the reasons are explained on the BoM website.

On Twitter I have upset and hurt some other deluded idiots by posting a paper showing that a GSM won’t happen until the second half of this century and will cool by al of. . . . . . .0.1°C! I also point out that by then AGW will have warmed another .8–1.0°C. Geez, post science and they get all butthurt :rofl :rofl :rofl

I post a rebuttal to each tweet by Dubyne. Hope he appreciates the service.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2019, 15:09

Bobby just isn't very smart and easily led, now he is falling for the stuff It is the light posts...., Lee is smart and just scared , and he likes to play the devils advocate, even with the smallest matter.
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 15:15

Oh yes, I picked that lee is shit scared of AGW a long time ago. He once said he was “comfortable with CO2” but any post anywhere about CO2/AGW and there is lee obfuscating.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2019, 15:15

Booby has fallen for IITL’s junk a long time ago.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit