New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Dax » 01 Oct 2018, 18:47

Off course we are going into a new ice age, that's why we've had uncontrollable bushfires in the middle of winter and average temps are escalating. Itr's also why we are seeing wildfires and firestorms across the USA and Europe. An example is Sweden, when was the recently, they were battling bushfires in a scale they had never seen before.

We also have more ice in the arctic as well, that's why ships are using the northwest passage and northern, west to east above the arctic circle for the last couple of years, saving many thousands of klms in travel distances. They are starting to bring goods from Europe to China Asia and return via that route, cutting sailing times by weeks and costs by over 50%.

Pretty smart thinking bobby, just totally against the reality and that's where your mind is, far from reality with no way back. Good laugh though, gets the gullible hot under the collar. But we all know the truth, some just can't face it and so denial and infantile changing of fact, is just ridiculous fake news.
User avatar
Dax
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 20:18

Hi Dax,
I suggest you consult the 360 pages of evidence here:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 603949/0#0

before mouthing off.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 20:31

There is no evidence there, Gobby, as you have been told several times. At best it is some local weather events, cold ones only, hot records strictly avoided. As well as that there is some junk science. You have ben wasting your time passing on the rubbish from snake oil sellers.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 21:13

HBS Guy wrote:There is no evidence there, Gobby, as you have been told several times.
At best it is some local weather events, cold ones only, hot records strictly avoided.
As well as that there is some junk science.
You have been wasting your time passing on the rubbish from snake oil sellers.



I must say - you've put your money where your mouth is -
you've bought land in Tassie at the start of a possible mini ice age.
Tassie would be hit the hardest of all.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 21:17

There is no mini ice age coming. You have zero evidence and only the lies of a scammer that a mini ice age is coming.

Melbourne won’t be much better than Tassie, thought about that you gullible fool?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 21:31

HBS Guy wrote:There is no mini ice age coming. You have zero evidence and only the lies of a scammer that a mini ice age is coming.

Melbourne won’t be much better than Tassie, thought about that you gullible fool?



Can't you write a single post without abusing someone?
No wonder there are so few women on your site.

I am trying to change you into a normal person,
as you carry on like a quarrelsome drunk.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 21:37

Still trying to pretend to be morally superior to me because you can’t debate me.

You are a gullible fool and the dream of a scammer like Dubyne is find another 1000 like you, then in a couple years he can retire with a nice big nest egg.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 21:56

HBS Guy wrote:Still trying to pretend to be morally superior to me because you can’t debate me.

You are a gullible fool and the dream of a scammer like Dubyne is find another 1000 like you,
then in a couple years he can retire with a nice big nest egg.



The latest NASA news just posted proves that NASA is preparing us for a mini ice age.
Have fun in Tassie.
Never mind - Aussie has a spare bed for you on the Sunshine Coast.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 22:30

That crap is a scammer writing for WUWT and Dubyne picked it up.

It is all rubbish.

There is no GSM happening now, there will not be a mini ice age. Stop donating to that scammer Dubyne!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 22:42

This is somebody who knows his stuff:

Noel John Turner


@NoelTurner194 3m3 minutes ago More
Replying to @kmpClimate @PolAnimalAus and 48 others

We seem to have 1.0C already of more dependant on baseline! And the palaeo evidence seems to be 3.0-6.0C a long tail is neither here nor there!

Image

Image

Image
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 23:21

So it was hotter in the past when the CO2 levels were lower!

Great find Monk to support David DuByne & Robert Felix.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2018, 02:11

Riiiight.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.

CO2 concentration (pCO2 or partial pressure of CO2) has:

1. Varied between 180–280ppm

2. Was closely related to temperature and sea level.

pCO2 is now 410ppm. The same as the middle Miocene when temperatures were 3-6°C hotter than now and sea level higher. What do you think it means for temperature and sea level? Both going to increase for awhile, of course!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Dax » 02 Oct 2018, 06:30

Sir Bobby wrote:Hi Dax,
I suggest you consult the 360 pages of evidence here:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 603949/0#0

before mouthing off.


Evidence from a bunch of brain dead denialist nutters, grow up fool. Some of the comments in your link are hilarious and demonstrate the lack up knowledge, understanding and experience of denialists.

One comment claiming they had frost on their windows on day means we are entering an ice age. In the 1950's there was frost on windows for the entire winter, year after year and we had heat waves for summer. Below zeros temps in mornings were extremely common , as was heavy winter rain with many local floods a year and gumboots were worn year round.

Now we get massive flash floods, warm winters with smattering of low temps, fore storms in winter and our temps have not reached the average low where I live for many years. When I was kid, you couldn't light a fire in the bush from April till early November as it wouldn't burn, now you can light a fire any time and off it will go. Have been burning off for the last couple of days and it is amazing as to how dry it is when we have had a lot of rain this year.

Off course the sun is going through it's low period, it is making a difference to our weather, but the warming is ore powerful than the cooling and this is a factor in the variations around the globe. Over all, the planet is warming rapidly.

Don't worry nutter, your loving god of war will come save you all you have to do is wait and continue to deny the reality of the destruction of life, ideologues of the world are grovelling in.
which will have a h
To me it's wonderful there are so many deniers, they will continue to do nothing and until it is to late for them and nature will relegate them to the dim primitive past where they belong. Humanity has had decades to change their attitude, they've done nothing, including those who accept climate change.

Now it is to late for just about everyone, you can argue all you like, only action will make a difference, not wanking yourself because you see the changes and the action required is impossible as long as people continue supporting the current political system.

Enjoy the last decade of your lives, none of us may survive and it may well be over by 2031, if the scientific time line is right.
User avatar
Dax
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal


Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2018, 22:00

Interesting.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 03 Oct 2018, 00:24

Dax wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:Hi Dax,
I suggest you consult the 360 pages of evidence here:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 603949/0#0

before mouthing off.


Evidence from a bunch of brain dead denialist nutters, grow up fool. Some of the comments in your link are hilarious and demonstrate the lack up knowledge, understanding and experience of denialists.

One comment claiming they had frost on their windows on day means we are entering an ice age. In the 1950's there was frost on windows for the entire winter, year after year and we had heat waves for summer. Below zeros temps in mornings were extremely common , as was heavy winter rain with many local floods a year and gumboots were worn year round.

Now we get massive flash floods, warm winters with smattering of low temps, fore storms in winter and our temps have not reached the average low where I live for many years. When I was kid, you couldn't light a fire in the bush from April till early November as it wouldn't burn, now you can light a fire any time and off it will go. Have been burning off for the last couple of days and it is amazing as to how dry it is when we have had a lot of rain this year.

Off course the sun is going through it's low period, it is making a difference to our weather, but the warming is ore powerful than the cooling and this is a factor in the variations around the globe. Over all, the planet is warming rapidly.

Don't worry nutter, your loving god of war will come save you all you have to do is wait and continue to deny the reality of the destruction of life, ideologues of the world are grovelling in.
which will have a h
To me it's wonderful there are so many deniers, they will continue to do nothing and until it is to late for them and nature will relegate them to the dim primitive past where they belong. Humanity has had decades to change their attitude, they've done nothing, including those who accept climate change.

Now it is to late for just about everyone, you can argue all you like, only action will make a difference, not wanking yourself because you see the changes and the action required is impossible as long as people continue supporting the current political system.

Enjoy the last decade of your lives, none of us may survive and it may well be over by 2031, if the scientific time line is right.



You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
That's you - you can't so easily dismiss 360 pages of evidence -
most of the videos backed up with a dozen links to scientists and scientific papers.
Many of the articles are copied and pasted from NASA and other well known sites.
The last one - I actually posted here above.
There is an alternative point of view which maybe wrong but can't be ignored.
Melbourne having it's coldest morning in 50 years can't be ignored either -
it's not something that you'd expect from a world warming up.

So just don't bother replying - your mind is closed and that's it -
I don't care what you think.
There are too many sheeple like you.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 04:05

Local weather if it is cold is what makes up your so-called evidence, Booby.

There is nothing real in all your 360 pages.

Arctic ice is decreasing in extent, thickness and volume

Greenland is losing over 200Gtons of ice a year

Antarctica has started net melting.

Sea level rise is accelerating.

There are more and more extreme heat events, less extreme cold events.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Dax » 03 Oct 2018, 08:06

Sir Bobby wrote:
Dax wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:Hi Dax,
I suggest you consult the 360 pages of evidence here:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 603949/0#0

before mouthing off.


Evidence from a bunch of brain dead denialist nutters, grow up fool. Some of the comments in your link are hilarious and demonstrate the lack up knowledge, understanding and experience of denialists.

One comment claiming they had frost on their windows on day means we are entering an ice age. In the 1950's there was frost on windows for the entire winter, year after year and we had heat waves for summer. Below zeros temps in mornings were extremely common , as was heavy winter rain with many local floods a year and gumboots were worn year round.

Now we get massive flash floods, warm winters with smattering of low temps, fore storms in winter and our temps have not reached the average low where I live for many years. When I was kid, you couldn't light a fire in the bush from April till early November as it wouldn't burn, now you can light a fire any time and off it will go. Have been burning off for the last couple of days and it is amazing as to how dry it is when we have had a lot of rain this year.

Off course the sun is going through it's low period, it is making a difference to our weather, but the warming is ore powerful than the cooling and this is a factor in the variations around the globe. Over all, the planet is warming rapidly.

Don't worry nutter, your loving god of war will come save you all you have to do is wait and continue to deny the reality of the destruction of life, ideologues of the world are grovelling in.
which will have a h
To me it's wonderful there are so many deniers, they will continue to do nothing and until it is to late for them and nature will relegate them to the dim primitive past where they belong. Humanity has had decades to change their attitude, they've done nothing, including those who accept climate change.

Now it is to late for just about everyone, you can argue all you like, only action will make a difference, not wanking yourself because you see the changes and the action required is impossible as long as people continue supporting the current political system.

Enjoy the last decade of your lives, none of us may survive and it may well be over by 2031, if the scientific time line is right.



You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
That's you - you can't so easily dismiss 360 pages of evidence -
most of the videos backed up with a dozen links to scientists and scientific papers.
Many of the articles are copied and pasted from NASA and other well known sites.
The last one - I actually posted here above.
There is an alternative point of view which maybe wrong but can't be ignored.
Melbourne having it's coldest morning in 50 years can't be ignored either -
it's not something that you'd expect from a world warming up.

So just don't bother replying - your mind is closed and that's it -
I don't care what you think.
There are too many sheeple like you.


Must be so frightening to be so deep in denial, you can't even understand how stupid what you posted represents. Human sheep follow deranged leaders without question, because they want someone else to take responsibility for their footprint on the planet and that's where ideological control comes in.

You are a perfect example of an ideologically cloned sheep, who refuses to see beyond the fallacy of your deluded ignorance. I can't be a cloned sheep like you, my mind has been freed by the reality of life I've experienced and the traumas I underwent, which forced my mind to see through the idiocy of ideological belief and empty hope.

You're welcome to be in denial and spread all the deceptive lies you can, that's the most common trait of an ideologue and especially god nutters. It won't matter what you say, the outcome is set in stone and irreversible. Hope I survive long enough to see observe the demise and bewilderment of ideologues drowning in reality, should be a good show, but one I'm not looking forward to.
User avatar
Dax
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 09:58

Again with this “alternative point of view” nonsense.

There is reality, the alternative PoV is fantasy.

I very early found that the links Dubyne gives do not say what he says they say: he would not have read any of them, skimmed them to find something he can quote, no matter how much out of context and that is it. You obviously do not read the links, they would be double Dutch to you anyway.

You believe this scammer and call others “sheeple” really? :rofl :rofl :rofl
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 10:35

For Dubyne’s dupe, a touch of reality:

kmp


@kmpClimate Following Following @kmpClimate More

Replying to @SylviaD32911201 @PolAnimalAus and 48 others

Latest reading:

Oceans are warming & Ocean Heat Content is still going up.

Image


As sea ice keeps disappearing from the Arctic ocean heat content will rise even faster.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 10:59

Further facts for our little dupe, Princess Gobby:

SylviaD @SylviaD32911201 More

"According to...DMI,..about 544 billion tons more snow fell on the ice sheet...than melted away. In an average year (1981-2010), net snow accumulation is closer to 368 billion tons."
It gained ice in 2017. There has been a far bigger gain THIS year.


Fraser MacLeod @FraserMacLeod 5 5m5 minutes ago More
Replying to @SylviaD32911201 @PolAnimalAus and 48 others

NASA uses the GRACE satellite to calculate a Total Mass Balance. This includes mass loss to calving and mass loss from warm water melting ice shelves from below as well as SMB. It's a more accurate mass balance representation than DMI's SMB.


kmp @kmpClimate Following Following @kmpClimate More
Replying to @SylviaD32911201 @PolAnimalAus and 48 others

Surface Mass Balance (SMB) is the input to the Greenland ice-sheet. It doesn't take into account deep ice-melt & ice lost to the ocean.

SMB = snow that falls & is compressed to ice - snow & surface ice that melts or sublimates.

1/3



kmp @kmpClimate 10m10 minutes ago More
Replying to @kmpClimate @PolAnimalAus and 49 others

CM = deep ice-melt & ice lost to the ocean

Total Mass Balance = SMB - CM ~ negative 286 Gton/year. https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ice-sheets/

Image

2/3


kmp


@kmpClimate 10m10 minutes ago More

The SMB is the oscillatory component modulating the dominating downward trend.

Image

3/3
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 12:02

kmp @kmpClimate 1m1 minute ago More
Replying to @kmpClimate @PolAnimalAus and 49 others

Noncondensing greenhouse gases, especially CO2, account for 25% of the greenhouse effect that serve to sustain the current levels of atmospheric water vapor & cloud feedback that account for the remaining 75%, currently.


Atmospheric CO2: Principal Control Knob Governing Earth’s Temperature
Ample physical evidence shows that carbon dioxide (CO2) is the single most important climate-relevant greenhouse gas in Earth’s atmosphere. This is beca...

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/330/6002/356



Tell that liar Dubyne that, Booby!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 22:24

No pause in warming:


Sueytonius @sueytonius 2h2 hours ago More

Replying to @SylviaD32911201 @PolAnimalAus and 48 others

There is no pause: it fails statistical tests.

https://t.co/BPmdVbhldA

"We conclude that the term 'hiatus' or 'pause' cannot be statistically justified."

https://t.co/q0lQ9NAy4k

" incorrect claims of an unexpected or significant warming slowdown."
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Oct 2018, 22:30

Image
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49121
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: New Ice Age

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Oct 2018, 17:35

I can't understand that last graph.

Monk - one day you'll thank me for showing you the light.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
User avatar
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 20:44
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests