New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Sep 2018, 06:05

They are all scammers. Yes, I have science qualifications.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Sep 2018, 11:04

Nancy boy in Relationships:

Aussie,
you got Setanta to ban me once for a week over nothing -
I was only defending myself against a tag team attack from Mothra & Monk.

You trolled us, nancy boy. Setanta looked at your trolling and judged it worthy of a ban.

Still waiting for that apology. . . .
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Sep 2018, 11:24

He is so proud of the 200K views of Dubyne’s Ice Age thread in the Dubyne MRB. Bots, Booby, they look for links like your links to snake oil man’s dodgy YouTubes.

No new members because of it. Three polls, including two by you, showed 2 members believe the dodgy YouTubes, you and The Moronic. Agnes blows hot and cold, bit of cool spring weather so she believes you (wishful thinking) but in the El Nino summer coming she will laugh at you.

The facts:

1. There is no GSM right now, just the sun moving to a new cycle.

2. When a GSM happens it will cool by 0.3°C assuming we get a Maunder Minimum level GSM. We have warmed 1.7°C since the LIA, a temporary cooling of 0.3°C will hardly be noticed.

3. I say the cooling is temporary because there is still high levels of CO2 in the atmosphere so AGW will warm the globe past the GSM-caused cooling in not many years.

Add to that: the Little Ice Age was not an ice age at all, no ice sheets etc. Ice from the north pole to the Med doesn’t happen even with a major ice age, “snow ball earth being extremely rare.” I encourage you to do some reading. Dubyne himself talks of a “mini ice age” so you are way out on your own here.

Here is a little fact, Princess Gobby: La Nina year 2018 is WARMER than big El Nino year 1998! No fucking cooling in sight, idiot! 2018 is fourth hottest year, pretty good for a La Nina year! Enjoy the hot El Nino summer to come.

Chart to prove this, updated to August 2018:
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 29 Sep 2018, 08:27

So - there is more Arctic ice this year than there was in 2012
just as David DuByne & Robert Felix predicted -
YES - it's been getting colder in the last few years! -

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... nouncement

Sept. 28, 2018
2018 Arctic Summertime Sea Ice Minimum Extent Tied for Sixth Lowest on Record

Arctic sea ice likely reached its 2018 lowest extent on Sept. 19 and again on Sept. 23, according to NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) at the University of Colorado Boulder. Analysis of satellite data by NSIDC and NASA showed that, at 1.77 million square miles (4.59 million square kilometers), 2018 effectively tied with 2008 and 2010 for the sixth lowest summertime minimum extent in the satellite record.

This year’s minimum is relatively high compared to the record low extent we saw in 2012,
but it is still low compared to what it used to be in the 1970s, 1980s and even the 1990s,” said Claire Parkinson, a climate change senior scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Sep 2018, 09:28

For Princess Gobby:

See that the raw temperatures make AGW to be steeper than it actually is?

Better send grovelling apologies to NASA/NOAA/CRU/MetOffice/BuMet etc, nancy boy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 12:59

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 13:30

Booby to ’Hippy:
Thanks - Monk's puppet - for taking an important thread off topic.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538261846/5#5

Yet earlier in the thread Booby posted:
Who's little Bobby & why is he drunk?
That's just the sort of silly picture Monk would post.

Looks like it was Booby took the thread off topic!

Booby cannot accept responsibility for his own actions, only an idiot would make him a Mod, right FD, idiot?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 30 Sep 2018, 15:21

HBS Guy wrote:Booby to ’Hippy:
Thanks - Monk's puppet - for taking an important thread off topic.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538261846/5#5

Yet earlier in the thread Booby posted:
Who's little Bobby & why is he drunk?
That's just the sort of silly picture Monk would post.

Looks like it was Booby took the thread off topic!

Booby cannot accept responsibility for his own actions, only an idiot would make him a Mod, right FD, idiot?

Monk,
I put it to you that the avatar used by Hippy
was either provided by you or Hippy is your sock puppet.?

I can read you like a book - and a bloody boring book it is as well.
Get off the booze and go to rehab.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 15:43

Spit it out, nancy boy! Is ’Hippy my sock, yes or no? If he is my sock I am breaching my ban. Better go and dob me in to FD, nancy boy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 15:45

Arctic sea ice extent is lower than same time in 2016. :oops

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charctic-interactive-sea-ice-graph/

Has been several times this year, including nearly all the 2018 NH winter. Guess Dubyne and Felix are bum prophets, eh?

Meantime, volume continues to decrease:

Wow, those two are real bum prophets, eh?

Oh, gee, look at how thin Arctic sea ice is:
http://psc.apl.uw.edu/research/projects/arctic-sea-ice-volume-anomaly/piomas-monthly-thickness-map
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 30 Sep 2018, 15:54

HBS Guy wrote:Arctic sea ice extent is lower than same time in 2016. :oops

You can't read a simple graph,
the lowest sea ice extent was 2012 - since then there's been more ice almost every year -
just as David DuByne & Robert Felix have predicted.

Yes - the mini ice age has already started -
I wonder how cold it will be by 2022?
I expect Tassie & Monk will be covered in thick ice by then.

Monk - I hope you enjoy staying at Aussie's place?
You won't be able to survive as an old man in Tassie up to your neck in snow.

Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 16:12

Actually, you gullible fool, there was less ice than 2012 in the NH winter early this year. Look at the interactive chart.

2012 saw a huge cyclone hit the Arctic, breaking up much thin ice and transporting it out the Arctic Ocean.

Ice loss since has been due to AGW. So much ice is so thin another big cyclone will about clear the Arctic Ocean of sea ice.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 30 Sep 2018, 20:36

HBS Guy wrote:Actually, you gullible fool, there was less ice than 2012 in the NH winter early this year. Look at the interactive chart.

2012 saw a huge cyclone hit the Arctic, breaking up much thin ice and transporting it out the Arctic Ocean.

Ice loss since has been due to AGW. So much ice is so thin another big cyclone will about clear the Arctic Ocean of sea ice.

2012 was the least amount of ice by a long way -
it's definitely got colder since then.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 20:47

2012 Wasn’t hot in the Arctic, it was a huge cyclone removed so much ice. Now the ice is thinner still even a medium storm will wreak havoc on the thin ice left. 2016 was hotter than 2012. 2017-18 bit cooler because they were ENSO neutral and a weak La Nina respectively. The scammers will make a big fuss about “the kewling” but it is normal. Not quite normal, unlike 1998 the El Nino heat hasn’t disappeared in a rush. Again, the scammers will be orgasming about “the kewling” without realising that there hasn’t been nearly as much cooling as expected.

I DO remember a lying video by the snake oil seller talking of a big cooling after the 2016 El Nino. I wonder if this is another dodgy YouTube the scammer has quietly removed from his playlist?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 30 Sep 2018, 20:50

HBS Guy wrote:2012 Wasn’t hot in the Arctic, it was a huge cyclone removed so much ice. Now the ice is thinner still even a medium storm will wreak havoc on the thin ice left. 2016 was hotter than 2012. 2017-18 bit cooler because they were ENSO neutral and a weak La Nina respectively. The scammers will make a big fuss about “the kewling” but it is normal. Not quite normal, unlike 1998 the El Nino heat hasn’t disappeared in a rush. Again, the scammers will be orgasming about “the kewling” without realising that there hasn’t been nearly as much cooling as expected.

I DO remember a lying video by the snake oil seller talking of a big cooling after the 2016 El Nino. I wonder if this is another dodgy YouTube the scammer has quietly removed from his playlist?

No Monk,
the 2012 being the least ice & now having more is compelling evidence for a mini ice age.
Al Gore was saying we wouldn't have any ice in the year 2000 wasn't he?
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 20:53

No it isn’t you complete pillock!

Look up some authority, assuming you know how, you will see 2012 reduced ice cover by a huge cyclone, not heat. You poor booby, you have no idea how to research or even think, do you?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 20:53

As to Al fucking Gore I neither know nor care whatever he is supposed to have said.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 30 Sep 2018, 20:58

HBS Guy wrote:No it isn’t you complete pillock!

Look up some authority, assuming you know how, you will see 2012 reduced ice cover by a huge cyclone, not heat.
You poor booby, you have no idea how to research or even think, do you?

You've always got an excuse just like the bombogenesis last winter in the USA.
The coldest worst weather in history.
Your arguments are as weak as nuns piss.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 21:01

See, this is you avoiding doing any research because:

1. You are crap at it, and;

2. Doing independent research of the literature might show you that Dubyne is a cheap fucking liar and you dare not risk that!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 21:25

You don’t even know what bombogenesis means, do you?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 30 Sep 2018, 21:50

hey, i went skiing today. maybe boobie is right and we are heading into an ice age. afterall, there was snow on the alps. :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Sep 2018, 21:54

The clown doesn’t know what bombogenesis is, tho I explained it to the dimwit, or that it is a word invented by NASA.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 16:42

Finally the smoking gun -
the ultimate proof that DuByne & Felix are right:

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09 ... r-minimum/

The Chill of Solar Minimum

SEPTEMBER 27, 2018 / DR.TONY PHILLIPS
Sept. 27, 2018:

The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age. Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018, and the sun’s ultraviolet output has sharply dropped. New research shows that Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding.

“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

These results come from the SABER instrument onboard NASA’s TIMED satellite. SABER monitors infrared emissions from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances that play a key role in the energy balance of air 100 to 300 kilometers above our planet’s surface. By measuring the infrared glow of these molecules, SABER can assess the thermal state of gas at the very top of the atmosphere–a layer researchers call “the thermosphere.”

“The thermosphere always cools off during Solar Minimum. It’s one of the most important ways the solar cycle affects our planet,” explains Mlynczak, who is the associate principal investigator for SABER.

When the thermosphere cools, it shrinks, literally decreasing the radius of Earth’s atmosphere. This shrinkage decreases aerodynamic drag on satellites in low-Earth orbit, extending their lifetimes. That’s the good news. The bad news is, it also delays the natural decay of space junk, resulting in a more cluttered environment around Earth

To help keep track of what’s happening in the thermosphere, Mlynczak and colleagues recently introduced the “Thermosphere Climate Index” (TCI)–a number expressed in Watts that tells how much heat NO molecules are dumping into space. During Solar Maximum, TCI is high (“Hot”); during Solar Minimum, it is low (“Cold”).

“Right now, it is very low indeed,” says Mlynczak. “SABER is currently measuring 33 billion Watts of infrared power from NO. That’s 10 times smaller than we see during more active phases of the solar cycle.”

Although SABER has been in orbit for only 17 years, Mlynczak and colleagues recently calculated TCI going all the way back to the 1940s. “SABER taught us to do this by revealing how TCI depends on other variables such as geomagnetic activity and the sun’s UV output–things that have been measured for decades,” he explains.

tci
Above: An historical record of the Thermosphere Climate Index. Mlynczak and colleagues recently published a paper on the TCI showing that the state of the thermosphere can be discussed using a set of five plain language terms: Cold, Cool, Neutral, Warm, and Hot.

As 2018 comes to an end, the Thermosphere Climate Index is on the verge of setting a Space Age record for Cold. “We’re not there quite yet,” says Mlynczak, “but it could happen in a matter of months.”

“We are especially pleased that SABER is gathering information so important for tracking the effect of the Sun on our atmosphere,” says James Russell, SABER’s Principal Investigator at Hampton University. “A more than 16-year record of long-term changes in the thermal condition of the atmosphere more than 70 miles above the surface is something we did not expect for an instrument designed to last only 3-years in-orbit.”

Soon, the Thermosphere Climate Index will be added to Spaceweather.com as a regular data feed, so our readers can monitor the state of the upper atmosphere just as researchers do. Stay tuned for updates.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Oct 2018, 16:52

David talks about it here:

Monk is snookered now - even NASA disagrees with Monk.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Oct 2018, 17:54

That is the very outer atmosphere, not the surface you pillock!

Still not evidence of a GSM.

I had read that report earlier today and knew you would misconstrue it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit