New Ice Age

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: New Ice Age

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Sep 2018, 01:02

Look up YouTubes by Dr Jennifer Francis and you may learn something.

You are a nobody here, OzPol and the snake seller’s comments section. You donate so Dubyne will pat you on the head.

Meantime, I am learning stuff about thermodynamics, blackbody radiation and AGW on Twitter.

And GSMs do not cause volcanic eruptions: Minima or maxima about the same number of eruption, another case where Dubyne is deliberately lying to you, nancy boy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Sep 2018, 01:20

We all know the “mincing little gossip” will not look at the YouTubes by Dr Jennifer Sanders, recognised expert on the Jet Streams. He might learn something and that something will inevitably be against the Gospel of St Dubyne the Dubious.

That and getting into real science will make his little head hurt.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 20 Sep 2018, 15:55

My car was all frosted up this morning -
I don't remember this ever in September.

The evidence piles up and Monk has no answer:

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/fros ... lia/528513

Frosty morning in southeastern Australia

Ben Domensino, Thursday September 20, 2018 - 12:52 EST

Parts of Victoria and Tasmania registered their lowest September temperatures in several years this morning as widespread frost affected southeastern Australia.

Cool air lingering underneath a high pressure system caused temperatures to drop seven to eight degrees below average in parts of Australia's southeast on Thursday.

Victoria's Hopetoun dipped to minus 2.8 degrees early this morning, which was its lowest September temperature in seven years.

In Tasmania, Fingal had its coldest September morning in five years after reaching a low of minus 4.4 degrees shortly before 6:30am.

Melburnians awoke to a nippy start as the mercury dipped to 3.8 degrees. While there was a lower temperature recorded earlier this month, this was the city's coldest start this late in the year for 15 years.

Temperatures were also cold enough for frost this morning in parts of southern NSW, the ACT and SA's eastern inland. Canberra reached -2.9 degrees, which is the city's coldest start so far this spring.

Friday morning will be slightly warmer for most of southeastern Australia, although frost is likely to spread further north along the ranges of NSW.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 20 Sep 2018, 15:58

Nothing unusual hey Bobby...just the humdrum of local climate. Is snake oil man still using you as 'the guy knows his stuff....He's an expert?'

:roll
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Sir Bobby » 20 Sep 2018, 16:06

Aussie wrote:Nothing unusual hey Bobby...just the humdrum of local climate.
Is snake oil man still using you as 'the guy knows his stuff....He's an expert?'

:roll

dear Aussie,
He's not a snake oil man.
He tried to and told him I was only a humble messenger.

But - I just told him -

Hi David, you and Robert Felix are both wrong - you underestimated how cold it was going to get in Australia - see here:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... /5370#5377
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Sep 2018, 16:37

Always looking for a pat on the head, aren’t you?

That Robert Felix is mad as a cut snake.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 20 Sep 2018, 16:43

dear Aussie,
He's not a snake oil man.
He tried to and told him I was only a humble messenger.

So....in what YouTube video did he makes his retraction Bobby?
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Sep 2018, 16:45

Dubyne is a snake oil seller.

There is no GSM.

When a GSM happens it will not cause an ice age: in fact, if one were to happen now it would not take us as far back as 1990 climate.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 20 Sep 2018, 21:45

err..
what is GSM.? :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Sep 2018, 22:12

Grand Solar Minimum. Minimum of radiation output, minimum number of sunspots.

The effect is to reduce UV output a bit and we cool by 0.13–0.3°C. To put that in perspective, we have warmed by 0.5°C since 1990 even tho the sun went slightly quiescent in the 1980s.

Of course, when/if the sun goes into a GSM there is still CO2 in the atmosphere so AGW will start warming the globe again. Last time we had a GSM the globe was in what is called the Little Ice Age (0.5°C cooler than early 1900s temperatures) and much less atmospheric CO2 so the GSM made things rather cold.

Most accounts you read today about that time exaggerate how bad things were back then. Europe had the worst of the LIA.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 20 Sep 2018, 22:42

oh I see. You refer to one of the many trends which have a small impact.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Sep 2018, 22:44

Yeah. Booby talks of an ice age but that won’t happen. GSMs didn’t cause the Little Ice Age, the LIA was there a couple centuries before a GSM.

Booby doesn’t know much, isn’t that bright and has been sucked in by the scammer David Dubyne. (I doubt that is his real name.)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 21 Sep 2018, 06:40

pinkeye wrote:oh I see. You refer to one of the many trends which have a small impact.

It's having a large impact.
Already, 50 year cold records are being broken.

see here:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 1199/23#23
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2018, 09:30

You are such an idiot!

You only look for cold records. What about hot records? What about the average temperatures across the globe? While the temperature distribution has moved to the warm side some cold temperatures are still possible.

But the right hand or hot tail, that is bigger so very hot weather is becoming more and more likely.

70% chance of an El Nino this summer, could be one of the hottest summers ever. And scam artist Dubyne won’t mention it so you won’t either you bloody moron!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2018, 09:39

BTW, you know Dubyne has not given any direct evidence for a GSM now? Don’t say you got 500 pages of evidence because there is no astronomical evidence in there. That is because there is no GSM now.

When one does happen, in 2-3 decades time, the globe will cool a few tenths of a degree Celsius. No ice age or any of that crap. There will still by close to 50% more CO2 (plus methane etc) so AGW will start to wipe out the bit of cooling. The LIA started without a GSM—Dubyne is lying to you. I would stop donating to him if I were you!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 21 Sep 2018, 16:52

Monk,
you're an idiot.
We wouldn't see 50 year cold records being broken if there was global warming.
The last 2 summers in Australia were mild compared with heatwaves we've had in the past.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Sep 2018, 17:33

We can still see cold events, just we see more, and more severe, heat events. That concept, like the graphs showing the distributions, is too hard for you to grasp, obviously.

I don’t suppose you looked into the direct cause of the cold: weather systems, the highs and lows, fronts, all that. Too difficult for you, I suppose?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 21 Sep 2018, 23:41

Hi Monk,
you are still sticking to the global warming theory despite it being debunked.
Did you know that it's been a lot warmer in the recent past?
Medieval Climatic Anomaly.
It is thought that between c. 950 and c. 1100 was the Northern Hemisphere's warmest period since the Roman Warm Period.
Where was all the CO2 then?

By the way - you & Aussie are not banned anymore from the environment forum as from tonight but
I don't expect either of you will be posting there.
You're both spoil sports.
In any case - if you change your mind & get unbanned from Ozpolitic then you can post if you wish.

cheers
Bobby.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2018, 09:21

It is now much warmer than it ever got in the MWP.

The science of AGW is solid.

An ice age now is a con you have bought into.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2018, 09:31

You can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse. You can shove OzPol up your arse.

I guess you realise banning us meant your board dies. Too fucking bad, you will have to pump it up again all by yourself, idiot. I would stop with the Dubyne crap. Apart from your abusive pal The Moronic nobody believes in your idiotic ice age crap. Nobody. Agnes would like it to be true but, for once, has too much commonsense to really believe in it.

So bury that rubbish, look for threads that could be resuscitated. But you can do it without me, OK? You cannot accept responsibility for your own actions (Monk and mothra made me troll them!) so cannot ever be a decent Mod.

I will not go back to a forum that banned me on a lie.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 22 Sep 2018, 14:40

HBS Guy wrote:You can shove the Dubyne MRB up your arse. You can shove OzPol up your arse.

I guess you realise banning us meant your board dies. Too fucking bad, you will have to pump it up again all by yourself, idiot. I would stop with the Dubyne crap. Apart from your abusive pal The Moronic nobody believes in your idiotic ice age crap. Nobody. Agnes would like it to be true but, for once, has too much commonsense to really believe in it.

So bury that rubbish, look for threads that could be resuscitated. But you can do it without me, OK? You cannot accept responsibility for your own actions (Monk and mothra made me troll them!) so cannot ever be a decent Mod.

I will not go back to a forum that banned me on a lie.

dear Monk,
you can hold grudges for years but they will only eat you up from the inside.
Life is full of injustices and I've had plenty aimed at me -
many from you, Greggy and other hopeless cases who hang out on this forum.
At least Aussie has finally seen the light and rejected Greggy's lies.

Monk - be like a moth and fly to the light.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2018, 14:44

It is not holding a grudge. You cannot accept responsibility for your own actions so you make a crap Mod.

I gave you some advice on how you can revive your rapidly sinking MRB. Accept it or not I don’t care.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 22 Sep 2018, 14:50

HBS Guy wrote:It is not holding a grudge. You cannot accept responsibility for your own actions so you make a crap Mod.

I gave you some advice on how you can revive your rapidly sinking MRB. Accept it or not I don’t care.

Monk,
You could have started a global warming thread on my forum and built it up to
100s of pages of evidence by now but no -
you only wanted to slang off at other people -
you wanted to make everything about personal attacks.
I really think you have a destructive personality and you need to get help.
You haven't learnt after all this time.

When you've finished your hissy fit -
come back and post all your global warming evidence -
it would be more than welcome.
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Sep 2018, 14:57

Did you look up the YouTubes I advised you to? Bet you didn’t.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sir Bobby » 22 Sep 2018, 15:18

HBS Guy wrote:Did you look up the YouTubes I advised you to? Bet you didn’t.

forget that -
you never watched any of my 500 videos.

Why didn't you start a global warming thread and present all your evidence?
Sir Bobby
Devil’s hound

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit