Why buy a house when you can buy a town?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Why buy a house when you can buy a town?

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 12:56

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/living-large-entire-town-hits-the-market-for-unbelievable-price/?rsf=ps:twitter

That were in Tassie I’d consider it! Maybe Booby fleeing an imaginary ice age might consider it?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Why buy a house when you can buy a town?

Postby Aussie » 27 Jun 2018, 13:29

Some huge maintenance bills in the pipe line there I'd say.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 14:04

Council rates water rates land tax.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jun 2018, 14:41

A charity should buy it and provide free housing for asylum seekers
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2018, 14:51

Some houses are actually rented. Could be a nice little earner.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jun 2018, 15:15

HBS Guy wrote:Some houses are actually rented. Could be a nice little earner.

keep it for tourists looking to get away.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 27 Jun 2018, 15:30

Homeless people even?
mothra
Duck

Postby fisherman » 20 Oct 2018, 00:58

If I had the money I'd buy immediately. I just converted hectares to declares, which is our measurement unit for land, and it's 140 decares, which is huge. And the lake?
fisherman

Postby Texan » 22 Oct 2018, 10:18

That would be good for a group of people who like self sufficiency. The buildings are already built. I'm looking for about 10 acres in East TX to retire on.

What are the critters like in that area? From what I've heard, half the animals there are deadly or poisonous. Is it hype or not?

Ya'll are probably all told that all Texans ride their horses to work and carry a six gun. Most rumors are only half right.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby Aussie » 22 Oct 2018, 10:37

Latest word is that the 'town' has been sold. Yes, the animals here can be very poisonous. Snakes and spiders (not forgetting the 'drop bears.') Out where that Town (Allies Creek ) is there would be nasty bastard snakes, but they are just as scared of us as we are of them. To get bitten, you'd have to have either deliberately provoked it or accidentally stood on it. To get bitten by a spider (red back one is a killer) again, you would have to be very stupid or just unluckly. Not all bites, in fact, few, result in death if treated properly and swiftly enough.
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Oct 2018, 13:04

I was told, by a mate who lived in an area infested with brown and red bellied black snakes that most people who die from snake bite are those who tried to kill a snake. I went to visit her and hubby for a week but other people refused to come to the property and rented motel rooms in the town :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 22 Oct 2018, 23:50

Texan wrote:That would be good for a group of people who like self sufficiency. The buildings are already built. I'm looking for about 10 acres in East TX to retire on.

What are the critters like in that area? From what I've heard, half the animals there are deadly or poisonous. Is it hype or not?

Ya'll are probably all told that all Texans ride their horses to work and carry a six gun. Most rumors are only half right.

"A hype"? You're joking, right? In Australia there's not even a single thing that don't want to kill you. Even kangaroos will often engage you.

Irwin, the crock hunter died near Australia, mate.
fisherman

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 08:55

fisherman wrote:
Texan wrote:That would be good for a group of people who like self sufficiency. The buildings are already built. I'm looking for about 10 acres in East TX to retire on.

"A hype"? You're joking, right? In Australia there's not even a single thing that don't want to kill you. Even kangaroos will often engage you.

He got far too close to a stingray which then barbed him in the chest. He got way too cocky.
Aussie

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 09:36

Aussie wrote:
fisherman wrote:

He got far too close to a stingray which then barbed him in the chest. He got way too cocky.

Heart attack or something I remember. RIP but still we don't have those around here. It's a metaphor when I'm saying something's always waiting on ya. It's often people playing around in foreign territory *unknown waters*
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 09:40

Idiots wading in water clearly signposted “Beware of the crocodiles!”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 09:51

HBS Guy wrote:Idiots wading in water clearly signposted “Beware of the crocodiles!”

Look at this fool, how he got wrecked:

fisherman

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 09:53

Heart attack or something I remember.

Barbed by a sting ray he put his chest way too close to.

Link.
Aussie

Return to Sand Pit