The best of Netflix and Stan.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 28 Nov 2018, 14:19

Here you go, first episode for $2.99. See if you like it, although i'd be very surprised if you didn't.

They also offer a season pass which i imagine is cheaper than buying it by the episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_daY80iBTU&list=EL6sG9ioLtkDo[/youtube]

Have to buy the episode

Dunno why that link isn't working ... Monk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_daY80iBTU&list=EL6sG9ioLtkDo
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Nov 2018, 14:26

mothra wrote:It's still $100?!?! Jesus!

Well, i suppose that speaks to both it's quality and why it's not on Netflix or Stan ... if they're still pulling that in for it.

You could probably rent it through youtube or somewhere. Watched a few movies on there of late. Just a few dollars and presto.


Yeah, $99 at JB, and about $115 at Fishpond.

Still might get it, though.

Haven't bought a DVD for years.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Nov 2018, 14:28

mothra wrote:Here you go, first episode for $2.99. See if you like it, although i'd be very surprised if you didn't.

They also offer a season pass which i imagine is cheaper than buying it by the episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_daY80iBTU&list=EL6sG9ioLtkDo[/youtube]

Dunno why that link isn't working ... Monk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_daY80iBTU&list=EL6sG9ioLtkDo


Hmm, I didn't know you could buy things on YouTube.

Interesting.

Still might check out the DVDs, though.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Nov 2018, 15:47

Went to JB's, but couldn't find the box set.

There was a BluRay box set, but I don't like the sound quality on those.

They had a whole section on HBO shows, which was interesting.

Anyway, I found something else really interesting - the complete collection of Land of The Giants on DVD.

That was my favourite show on TV as a kid :bgrin
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 28 Nov 2018, 21:22

greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 28 Nov 2018, 21:34

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb


Are you busting his balls?
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 28 Nov 2018, 21:35

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb


Are you busting his balls?


no. It is the best series ever. :PC
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 28 Nov 2018, 21:37

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb


Are you busting his balls?


no. It is the best series ever. :PC



Yes i know. I was quoting it ... dickhead.

Fuggedaboutit.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 28 Nov 2018, 21:38

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb


Are you busting his balls?


no. It is the best series ever. :PC



Yes i know. I was quoting it ... dickhead.

Fuggedaboutit.


I must be missing something .... :hot
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 28 Nov 2018, 21:40

Oh someone is forever accusing someone of busting their balls on the Sopranos.

Usually, they are correct.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 28 Nov 2018, 21:47

mothra wrote:Oh someone is forever accusing someone of busting their balls on the Sopranos.

Usually, they are correct.



It's been a long day :gup :gup
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Nov 2018, 21:49

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos either..



What's wrong with you? Best TV series ever :thumb


Just never got around to seeing it.

Found out about an hour ago that a friend of mine has the box set.

Looks like I'll be saving $100 :bgrin
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 28 Nov 2018, 21:51

A reminder (don't look Greg!):

User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Miranda » 01 Dec 2018, 22:01

greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:

Yes. And he's amazing. Oh Greg, you've seriously got to watch The Sopranos. It's absolutely brilliant.


I just did a search.

It's not on Stan or Netflix.



Not surprised. I've not seen any HBO shows on Stan or Netflix.

Buy the box set. Seriously. You'll thank me.


$100 at JB's.

It's currently in stock at the store near me in the city.

Hmmm :?


$89 at Sanity

Excellent series about the mob
Miranda
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Dec 2018, 10:38

Miranda wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:

Yes. And he's amazing. Oh Greg, you've seriously got to watch The Sopranos. It's absolutely brilliant.


I just did a search.

It's not on Stan or Netflix.



Not surprised. I've not seen any HBO shows on Stan or Netflix.

Buy the box set. Seriously. You'll thank me.


$100 at JB's.

It's currently in stock at the store near me in the city.

Hmmm :?


$89 at Sanity

Excellent series about the mob


I didn't know Sanity were still in business.

If I don't end up borrowing the set from my friend, I might get it from there.

$90 seems to be the cheapest so far.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Miranda » 02 Dec 2018, 11:05

You can get it on Blu-ray @ amazon for $50
Miranda
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 02 Dec 2018, 11:57

Miranda wrote:You can get it on Blu-ray @ amazon for $50


I don't like Blu-Ray - poor sound quality.

But thanks :beer

I can't find it for that price anyway:

https://www.amazon.com.au/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sopranos
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron