Freemasonry: Newcastle home invasion murderer granted bail

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Freemasonry: Newcastle home invasion murderer granted bail

Postby Squire » 06 May 2018, 13:10

The perpetrator is a Freemason, the police are Freemasons, and the Magistrate is a Freemason.

Ben Batterham was charged with murder, not manslaughter. Which indicates that police believe he intended to murder Ricky Slater.

The police requested a bail condition of staying out of bars and avoiding excessive drinking. This indicates the police have records of Ben Batterham as being a drunk and troublemaker.

Ben Batterham violated his bail, hung out in pubs until closing time and got into fights with women. His bail was revoked but is now reinstated again as Freemasonry sticks its claws into this case.

He should not have been granted bail again.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-03/alleged-newcastle-home-invasion-murderer-granted-bail/9723808

Alleged Newcastle home invasion murderer granted 'last chance' bail after breach
By court reporter Mazoe Ford
Updated Thu at 9:25pm

A Newcastle man accused of killing an intruder who came into his family home has been granted bail, after earlier having it revoked for drinking alcohol in breach of a court order.

Benjamin Batterham, 35, is charged with murdering Ricky Slater on the street outside the family home in 2016, after Mr Slater broke in and stole a handbag.

In February 2018 the apprentice chef's bail was revoked after police discovered he had been regularly drinking alcohol at a local pub.

One of Mr Batterham's bail conditions was that he stay away from alcohol because he had been drinking on the night of the attack.

On Thursday, defence barrister Winston Terracini SC told the NSW Supreme Court in Sydney his client had been going to the pub to cope with post-traumatic stress disorder following Mr Slater's death.

"He had a nervous breakdown after he was charged, he has PTSD, he has had death threats," Mr Terracini said.

"He was not seeing the psychologist because his work hours were such that he could not keep the appointments.

"Since the death of the deceased, my client's life has been in turmoil [but] he is going to lift his game."

Mr Batterham promised to stay away from alcohol and all licensed venues if he was granted bail.

"Hand on my heart, I'm not going to go anywhere near anything that is going to get me in trouble," he told the court.

"I can see how much [my drinking] has hurt my family. It was selfish. I have taken on board my mistakes.

"I can see how hurt my daughter is, and my fiance, I can hear it when I speak to them on the phone [from prison]."

'Last chance' accused told
The Crown did not oppose bail, but asked that the father of one be subject to a strict night curfew and be ordered to attend sessions with a psychologist.

Justice David Davies granted bail and ordered Mr Batterham see a psychologist within 48 hours of his release then provide proof of that appointment to police.

He also said he must steer clear of drugs with the exception of a prescription drug which makes a person sick if they combine it with alcohol.

"It would be fair to say that although in the first instance what occurred was not at [Mr Batterham's] instigation, his behaviour towards the deceased was violent and prolonged," Justice Davies said.

"Despite having engaged in that, it is clear that [Mr Batterham] suffered very considerably emotionally as a result of all that has occurred, including the death of the deceased and his being charged with murder."

The judge also gave Mr Batterham a warning.

"You have to regard this as your very last chance, if you breach bail again you will be put back inside until the trial takes place," Justice Davies said.

The case is back in court later this month but is not expected to go to trial until 2019.
Squire
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Re: Freemasonry: Newcastle home invasion murderer granted ba

Postby HBS Guy » 06 May 2018, 14:51

Put an ankle bracelet on him.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 06 May 2018, 15:06

i have no sympathy for any adverse affects to happen to people when they enter the sanctity of someones home and are bashed or killed.
In my home i have a wife and kids to protect. That thought overrides any other concern.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Squire » 07 May 2018, 22:18

johnsmith wrote:i have no sympathy for any adverse affects to happen to people when they enter the sanctity of someones home and are bashed or killed.
In my home i have a wife and kids to protect. That thought overrides any other concern.

There is much more to this story than meets the eye.

Batterhams bail condition was a requirement to stay away from licensed premises. This indicates he had a police history of drunken behavior. On the night he was caught for breaching bail he was involved in a fight with women in a bar.

The incident with Ricky Slater occurred at 3:00 AM while Batterham was drinking with a friend. There is cause to suspect that the incident was not breaking and entering incident. Furthermore, Ricky Slater had a pocketful of cash at the time of his death and none was reported stolen by Batterham or the police.

Batterham's fundraising site is being operated by a Jewish martial arts organization by the name of IDF Training (IDF = Israel Defence Forces) which further implies that Batterham was trained in martial arts which means that Batterham had a greater duty of care than a non-martial-arts-trained person in a fight.

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/122685/100000-for-ben-batterham

https://www.idftraining.com.au/
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 08 May 2018, 00:13

Squire wrote:There is cause to suspect that the incident was not breaking and entering incident.

if that's the case than it's out and out murder and he should be punished to the full extent.

Squire wrote:Batterham's fundraising site is being operated by a Jewish martial arts organization by the name of IDF Training (IDF = Israel Defence Forces) which further implies that Batterham was trained in martial arts

that doesn't mean anything in and off itself. To make any determination you'd need to know how proficient he was at it. For all we know he may have only been doing it for 3 months (which would provide little to no real benefit)
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Squire » 08 May 2018, 19:08

The decision to grant bail again after he breached bail the first time has angered senior police.

WTF? Charged with murder, breaches bail, driving while drunk, not stopping at breath test station.

His driving licence was not even suspended.

Failing to stop at a breath testing station is bound to get you jail time.

Ben Batterham's father must be very high in the Freemasons.

https://www.localnews.com.au/story/5168379/man-accused-of-burglars-murder-breaches-bail-and-bailed-again/?cs=356

Murder accused Benjamin Batterham breaches bail – and bailed again
DAN PROUDMAN16 Jan 2018, midnightLocal News

A man accused of chasing down and murdering a burglar he found in his home has been arrested again –this time for allegedly being drunk behind the wheel and in breach of his $200,000 bail.

But Benjamin Patrick Batterham is also back out on the streets after he successfully applied for release following his arrest in Newcastle early on Saturday morning.

The decision has angered senior police.

Police will allege Mr Batterham failed to stop at a breath testing station at New Lambton before being stopped in a nearby suburb about 12.40am.

He is alleged to have registered a blood alcohol level of 0.164 and was also charged with failing to obey a police direction and breaching his bail.

Mr Batterham had been on strict bail conditions, including that he not consume alcohol, after being charged with the murder of Ricky Slater-Dickson on March 26, 2016.

Previous court appearances have heard Mr Batterham found the alleged victim stealing a handbag from inside his family's home at Hamilton in Newcastle about 3.20am while Mr Batterham was drinking with a friend.

He is alleged to have chased Mr Slater-Dickson for "more than four football fields" before tackling him to the ground, punching him repeatedly in the head while having his arm around the burglar's throat.

Mr Slater-Dickson lost consciousness and died in hospital the following day.

Mr Batterham was granted bail on the murder charge with a list of strict conditions, including that he report daily to police and not consume alcohol or any illicit drug.

He was also ordered to take antabuse - a drug used to treat chronic alcoholism by producing nasty side effects to the patient - as prescribed by his doctor.

His parents, Bruce and Dianne, lodged the title deeds of their home to the court as security for the $200,000 surety.

Mr Batterham was refused bail by police following his arrest on Friday before he faced Newcastle Bail Court the following day.

He was again released on bail including the conditions that he "strictly take the Antibuse [sic] medication prescribed by his doctor" and not to consume any alcohol.
Squire
Irish wolfhound

Return to Sand Pit