Preferential treatment?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Preferential treatment?

Postby Aussie » 02 Apr 2018, 20:43

Link.

Jordon Steele-John has the loneliest seat in the Senate, and it's locking him out of the parliamentary process

Sucks......but...why is he getting all the attention. People in wheelchairs suffer all over Australia and don't get a red carpet ride.

Nah.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: Preferential treatment?

Postby johnsmith » 02 Apr 2018, 20:56

senate should be wheelchair friendly. It's his place of work.

If you don't provide access for a disabled employees anywhere else and you get fined. Why should govt. be different?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 02 Apr 2018, 21:34

johnsmith wrote:senate should be wheelchair friendly. It's his place of work.

If you don't provide access for a disabled employees anywhere else and you get fined. Why should govt. be different?

Agree.......but a tad bothered that the petty inconvenience of just one person ought have currency over the majority? What next.....a special prayer room/time out for a Muslim MP in Question Time?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 02 Apr 2018, 21:34

Aussie wrote:

Agree.......but a tad bothered that the petty inconvenience of just one person ought have currency over the majority? What next.....a special prayer room/time out for a Muslim MP in Question Time?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 02 Apr 2018, 22:41

Aussie wrote:

we're not talking about a special room for him, we're talking about him being able to access the SENATE. A place of government. He is a representative of the people and can't access the senate so as to represent the people.
I'm all for them adding a few ramps and giving him enough room to maneuver the chair
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 03 Apr 2018, 07:25

Aussie wrote:

They already have special pray rooms in parliament, for christians, jews and muslims. In case you haven't realised, our governments are run by the religious, who don't give a stuff about anyone else but themselves. Our federal government have prayer groups, consisting of the religious from all parties, where they determine policy direction to drive their religious controls further. Why to you think religious schools and institutions get so much more money the public schools and have the best tax perks and legal protections available.

Our governments are not subject to the same laws as we are, they make laws and standards for us and then use different standards for themselves, which breech our laws.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 03 Apr 2018, 10:04

.....a special prayer room/time out for a Muslim MP in Question Time?

Note the bold.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby pinkeye » 03 Apr 2018, 23:50

Aussie wrote:

Note the bold.

Well somwhoe I was just logged out before. While I was writing this post. its gone, and I've had to get a new password.

Funny how that happens.

ANYONE else get LOGGED OUT in the middle of a post.? Has happened to me quite a few times now.

But anyway, I did say .. It shouldn't be an issue . Access should already be in place.

The fact that it isn't, speaks very loudly to the failure of the old Boys to understand that change is upon them, like it or not.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 03 Apr 2018, 23:51

Aussie wrote:

Note the bold.

The other thing was NO I noticed no bold, but my text is so small it pisses me off. How do I increase the size of the print on the Forum.?

Aussie.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2018, 00:09

Window menu > Zoom window
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 04 Apr 2018, 00:09

Aussie wrote:Link.

Jordon Steele-John has the loneliest seat in the Senate, and it's locking him out of the parliamentary process

Sucks......but...why is he getting all the attention. People in wheelchairs suffer all over Australia and don't get a red carpet ride.

Nah.

Sometimes you just astonish me Aussie.

Red carpet treatment? Get your hand off it.

Ramps should have been in forever ago. It's embarrassing that they weren't.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 04 Apr 2018, 00:10

pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Note the bold.

The other thing was NO I noticed no bold, but my text is so small it pisses me off. How do I increase the size of the print on the Forum.?

Aussie.?

ctrl +
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 04 Apr 2018, 00:13

HBS Guy wrote:Window menu > Zoom window

Yahoo .. it worked. I can read it. :bgrin Thanks Monk. Guess I'll have to say :roll why didn't I ask sooner.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 04 Apr 2018, 00:16

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Note the bold.

Aussie.?

ctrl +

I know there are all these ctrl shortcuts.. I just don't know them. Don't get enough practise I suppose. :roll Could you list them...?? the commonly used ones..??
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2018, 00:41

Not me, I use Apple Mac and iPhone.

Look at the menus for each application, Ctrl– options will be shown in the menu.

Ctrl–C—copy

Ctrl–X—cut

Ctrl–V—paste

Ctrl–Z—undo

Ctrl–+—enlarge stuff in a window

Ctrl–P—print

Ctrl–S—save

Some of ^^^^^ is me guessing.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 04 Apr 2018, 02:00

HBS Guy wrote:Not me, I use Apple Mac and iPhone.

Look at the menus for each application, Ctrl– options will be shown in the menu.

Ctrl–C—copy

Ctrl–X—cut

Ctrl–V—paste

Ctrl–Z—undo

Ctrl–+—enlarge stuff in a window

Ctrl–P—print

Ctrl–S—save

Some of ^^^^^ is me guessing.

I'll write them down with a pen and paper anyway. :) Thanks.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2018, 06:49

Look at the menus for each application you use, you will see the shortcuts indicated.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 04 Apr 2018, 23:29

umm thanks

:thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 05 Apr 2018, 06:35

You could always get a decent operating system, that doesn't rip off all you data and spam you constantly.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 09:19

Dax wrote:You could always get a decent operating system, that doesn't rip off all you data and spam you constantly.

such as??
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Dax » 06 Apr 2018, 11:33

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:You could always get a decent operating system, that doesn't rip off all you data and spam you constantly.

such as??

Any one of the many linux distros and their accompanying flavours, depending what you want to use it for and the state of your computer. Safe, extremely stable, state of the art and free to develop, or change to whatever you want to. If you're into it, you can build your own and or customise a distro to suit what you need in a computer. The software available is light years ahead of microsoft or apple and also free.

I run a number of different distros, all dedicated to certain tasks. One does all my multimedia, two different ones and a number of flavours are used for every day computing and one is used for intrusion investigation and response. Have a couple of very old (20 years) laptops/PC which are running various tasks and using up to date systems, they are limited in some ways, but do their job excellently and have never shut down.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 11:34

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

such as??

Any one of the many linux distros and their accompanying flavours, depending what you want to use it for and the state of your computer. Safe, extremely stable, state of the art and free to develop, or change to whatever you want to. If you're into it, you can build your own and or customise a distro to suit what you need in a computer. The software available is light years ahead of microsoft or apple and also free.

I run a number of different distros, all dedicated to certain tasks. One does all my multimedia, two different ones and a number of flavours are used for every day computing and one is used for intrusion investigation and response. Have a couple of very old (20 years) laptops/PC which are running various tasks and using up to date systems, they are limited in some ways, but do their job excellently and have never shut down.

you lost me with all that. When it comes to computers, anything beyond the basics is beyond me. I need something that is 'plug and play'.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 06 Apr 2018, 11:46

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

such as??

Martian as far as I am concerned.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Dax » 06 Apr 2018, 12:11

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

such as??

you lost me with all that. When it comes to computers, anything beyond the basics is beyond me. I need something that is 'plug and play'.

You won't get a computer system that is more plug and play then linux, it is light years ahead of windows in ease of use and reliability. The first time my grand kids used linux, they took it up with ease, as did my elderly neighbour and it took 5 minutes to get them up and running with ease.

Actually, the mars rovers and all off planet computing and communications runs linux, as does the biggest media companies and scientific institutions. Linux runs well over 95% of all computing systems on the planet, it runs all the major servers and has close to 90% of all world servers. Just about all the graphics you see on TV, in movies etc are linux created, "Lord of the rings" is one major release which was all done on linux. The programs to do that, are freely available.

Where it lacks, is in gaming they say. However even that is a bit wrong, when you can use steam and other gaming stuff, personally not into gaming in any way and games bore me.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Apr 2018, 12:53

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

such as??

You won't get a computer system that is more plug and play then linux, it is light years ahead of windows in ease of use and reliability. The first time my grand kids used linux, they took it up with ease, as did my elderly neighbour and it took 5 minutes to get them up and running with ease.

Actually, the mars rovers and all off planet computing and communications runs linux, as does the biggest media companies and scientific institutions. Linux runs well over 95% of all computing systems on the planet, it runs all the major servers and has close to 90% of all world servers. Just about all the graphics you see on TV, in movies etc are linux created, "Lord of the rings" is one major release which was all done on linux. The programs to do that, are freely available.

Where it lacks, is in gaming they say. However even that is a bit wrong, when you can use steam and other gaming stuff, personally not into gaming in any way and games bore me.

ok ... that sounds better. Not big on gaming apart from the odd game of tetris or solitaire when I'm bored so that side of it doesn't bother me.

Is linex compatible with other operating systems? what i mean is if I were to swap am I going to have trouble opening files, websites, viewing pics or watching vids?
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Next

Return to Sand Pit