Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2018, 17:16

Fierce guard dog guarding quartz sand and organic compost. The slab for the garden shed is visible in the background.

I wouldn’t dare go near and that is my dog! :giggle :giggle :giggle

Lovely soil, 100% clay!

I have spread gypsum on most cracks in the soil in my yard, in 2 years be nice soil there :huh

Tried to photograph the pegs and strings etc I set up to work out where the trees will go—doesn’t photograph well
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 28 Mar 2018, 17:39

Cujo looks like he's ready to run at the first sign of an intruder :c :c

looking a bit dry down there.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby mothra » 28 Mar 2018, 17:46

johnsmith wrote:Cujo looks like he's ready to run at the first sign of an intruder :c :c

I'd be very worried about my ankles if i was a soil thief.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2018, 17:56

I’d be worried about something a bit higher—all that agility training means she can jump higher than you think!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2018, 18:05

Soil looks dry—and cracked—but there has been rain there even in the time I have been here. Just clay being clay.

Any spare minute I have I am spreading gypsum on any cracks in the soil I spot. Start turning the clay into soil. At some time will need to get the front of the block ploughed and multiple bags of claybreaker spread.

In the back half of the block that has been done March 2017 but still rather heavy soil. As well as sand and compost I am adding gypsum and dolomite, turn clay into soil.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 28 Mar 2018, 18:05

HBS Guy wrote:I’d be worried about something a bit higher—all that agility training means she can jump higher than you think!

Low hanging fruit eh?
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2018, 18:06

All that dangles. . .
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2018, 20:04

HBS Guy wrote:Soil looks dry—and cracked—but there has been rain there even in the time I have been here. Just clay being clay.

Any spare minute I have I am spreading gypsum on any cracks in the soil I spot. Start turning the clay into soil. At some time will need to get the front of the block ploughed and multiple bags of claybreaker spread.

In the back half of the block that has been done March 2017 but still rather heavy soil. As well as sand and compost I am adding gypsum and dolomite, turn clay into soil.

Sounds like a plan. :thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2018, 20:07

HBS Guy wrote:Fierce guard dog guarding quartz sand and organic compost. The slab for the garden shed is visible in the background.

I wouldn’t dare go near and that is my dog! :giggle :giggle :giggle

Lovely soil, 100% clay!

I have spread gypsum on most cracks in the soil in my yard, in 2 years be nice soil there :huh

Tried to photograph the pegs and strings etc I set up to work out where the trees will go—doesn’t photograph well

Your dog looks like a real sweetheart... and she's a working breed.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 28 Mar 2018, 21:33

HBS Guy wrote:All that dangles. . .

at your age everything dangles :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2018, 23:40

Demi is an excellent ratter. Likes killing chickens too, and lizards!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2018, 23:50

HBS Guy wrote:Demi is an excellent ratter. Likes killing chickens too, and lizards!

Mine will kill anything that moves. :sad But she is a sweetheart. Those critters'll have to learn to stay on the other side of the fences.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2018, 07:49

There are whip snakes (so called) in Tasmania which are no real problem to me but Demi might decide to hunt them—and get an unpleasant surprise! They are the most cold–tolerant snake in Australia, found right up Mt Wellington so might be active in winter—no barefoot walking in the garden!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2018, 08:27

HBS Guy wrote:There are whip snakes (so called) in Tasmania which are no real problem to me but Demi might decide to hunt them—and get an unpleasant surprise! They are the most cold–tolerant snake in Australia, found right up Mt Wellington so might be active in winter—no barefoot walking in the garden!

one of my neighbours found a whip snake in his bedroom one morning. He, his wife and their dog were asleep and woke up to find the snake curled up in front of the bedroom door trapping them in the bedroom. He phoned me to get the snake but i hate snakes. Luckily he could still get into his ensuite. Got a laundry hamper and used it to catch the snake. The he threw a shirt over the top of the hamper so it wouldn't get out. When he went to pull the shirt over an uncovered corner of the hamper it bit him. I doubt it injected any poison cause he didn't get sick at all, which was lucky for him cause he's a dumb fucker who refused to go to hospital to get checked.

I suggested he keep the snake and lose the dog. Silly thing didn't even bark at it.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2018, 09:53

Demi would try to kill it, that is a terrier for you. A Tassie whip snake is not a real whip snake at all.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2018, 23:46

I get whip snakes here. They're really quite beautiful, and altho their bites may be dangerous, it isn't clear just how toxic they are.
They are very swift, and my dog hasn't gotten one yet. But they do tend to be shy, and stay away from human activity. Unlike the red-belly blacks, Browns, and poor old tree snakes, which are the most common hanging around here.

They don't bother me. I don't bother them. Simple.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Lefty » 30 Mar 2018, 06:45

It'd be one solid cellar!

Actually, sounds ideal if you can get someone to carve it out for you. Excavating solid rock is something that is done fairly routinely in building.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Mar 2018, 08:46

Lefty wrote:It'd be one solid cellar!

Actually, sounds ideal if you can get someone to carve it out for you. Excavating solid rock is something that is done fairly routinely in building.

Yeah—but $$$

Yeah, would be nice, a real solid cellar.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Mar 2018, 11:21

Seven Sheds Brewing http://www.sevensheds.com.au makes nice ale. I bought three of their Kentish Ale 750ml bottles. Good strong–flavored ale! Yum!

They have a cherry flavored saison: they use Kentish cherries, whitefleshed and tart. Sounds like the sour Kentish cherry tree being looked after for me in Launceston, great if so.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Apr 2018, 09:52

While taking Demi for her morning toilet walk I decided, fuck it, day off today!

I have found a cidery and some wineries and antique shops, will have a great day! LOTS of cideries here in Sth Tassie!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2018, 10:56

Geez, another shock this morning!

Took dog for its morning walk, came back to B&B, key, where is the key OH SHIT, NO KEY!

So walk dog same route again, no key sighted. Walked up to cop shop, reported keys missing, walked route again in the opposite direction, no key! Came back to B&B to ask for owners copy of the key—key was in the lock!

Somebody had found the keys, deciphered the tiny writing, rang the B&B and brought the keys. I think I will love small town life!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 04 Apr 2018, 14:52

HBS Guy wrote:Geez, another shock this morning!

Took dog for its morning walk, came back to B&B, key, where is the key OH SHIT, NO KEY!

So walk dog same route again, no key sighted. Walked up to cop shop, reported keys missing, walked route again in the opposite direction, no key! Came back to B&B to ask for owners copy of the key—key was in the lock!

Somebody had found the keys, deciphered the tiny writing, rang the B&B and brought the keys. I think I will love small town life!

Nice. Glad it worked out.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 04 Apr 2018, 15:41

HBS Guy wrote:Geez, another shock this morning!

Careless Monk!!! Secure the far king keys properly.

:bike
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 04 Apr 2018, 16:46

a bit of digging and he forgets everything

a do agree about small town life though. the downside is that everyone knows your business
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Apr 2018, 17:00

Always a lead lining, isn’t there?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit