Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 15:48

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nice old fashioned deep tub, aahhhhhh!


Shallow baths are the pits. What's the point?


how else are kids expected to flood the house?


You speak as though you have never met children.

What other way? You kidding? Crafty little buggers.



one day i'll tell you about the time my youngest chased his brother inside with the garden hose on all the way ... :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby mothra » 25 Apr 2018, 15:49

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nice old fashioned deep tub, aahhhhhh!


Shallow baths are the pits. What's the point?


how else are kids expected to flood the house?


You speak as though you have never met children.

What other way? You kidding? Crafty little buggers.



one day i'll tell you about the time my youngest chased his brother inside with the garden hose up all the way ... :grn


Bless 'em.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 15:49

HBS Guy wrote:Kids especially boys, never seem to have trouble getting into trouble.



it's a gift my boys inherited from their mother
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 15:50

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nice old fashioned deep tub, aahhhhhh!


Shallow baths are the pits. What's the point?


how else are kids expected to flood the house?


You speak as though you have never met children.

What other way? You kidding? Crafty little buggers.



one day i'll tell you about the time my youngest chased his brother inside with the garden hose up all the way ... :grn


Bless 'em.



i certainly didn't feel like blessing him at the time.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2018, 16:07

Elder Brothers can be arseholes. I have never forgotten or forgiven the Brigadier for stomping all over and destroying my 'Indian Kite," back in the 1950s. I remind the prick every chance I get. He still denies it.

Image

:bike
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 16:24

Aussie wrote:Elder Brothers can be arseholes. I have never forgotten or forgiven the Brigadier for stomping all over and destroying my 'Indian Kite," back in the 1950s. I remind the prick every chance I get. He still denies it.

Image

:bike



it was the youngest chasing the oldest with the hose on .... although i suspect oldest was needling him, he seems to thrive on that.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2018, 16:39

Go you good thing, Youngest. Give the prick another blast!

:yellow
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 17:08

Aussie wrote:Go you good thing, Youngest. Give the prick another blast!

:yellow


he gives as good as he gets.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby mothra » 25 Apr 2018, 17:41

johnsmith wrote:

it was the youngest chasing the oldest with the hose on .... although i suspect oldest was needling him, he seems to thrive on that.


Property damage is a small price to pay for them not combining forces and using their wicked little minds to come after you.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2018, 18:08

Where are the far king tears for me and my Indian kite?

:bgrin
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 18:47

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

it was the youngest chasing the oldest with the hose on .... although i suspect oldest was needling him, he seems to thrive on that.


Property damage is a small price to pay for them not combining forces and using their wicked little minds to come after you.


huh :B .... they do that all the time anyway.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 18:47

Aussie wrote:Where are the far king tears for me and my Indian kite?

:bgrin



they're coming .... just you wait a bit longer, I'll get there eventually
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby mothra » 25 Apr 2018, 19:14

Aussie wrote:Where are the far king tears for me and my Indian kite?

:bgrin


Onwards and upwards, Aussie. Here:

User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 19:33

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:Where are the far king tears for me and my Indian kite?

:bgrin


Onwards and upwards, Aussie. Here:




that's all we need ... kill the birds now as well as the fish :smack
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby mothra » 25 Apr 2018, 19:35

johnsmith wrote:

that's all we need ... kill the birds now as well as the fish :smack


This is serious business, John. It's about closure for Aussie's inner child.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby johnsmith » 25 Apr 2018, 19:36

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

that's all we need ... kill the birds now as well as the fish :smack


This is serious business, John. It's about closure for Aussie's inner child.



aussie needs to buy his brother a case of beer and get over it. :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2018, 20:20

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

that's all we need ... kill the birds now as well as the fish :smack


This is serious business, John. It's about closure for Aussie's inner child.



aussie needs to buy his brother a case of beer and get over it. :thumb


Like farq I will! Pre ten, I was obsessed with kites. Made my own using shitty sticks, brown paper, string around the frame and glue made of flour and water to seat the paper on the string around the frame. Then added the long tails they needed. And then......and then.....the Aussie Indian Kite man bloke came to the Bundy annual Show. Those kites are acrobatic. No tail. Light as a feather, bamboo frame. You can manipulate them to move in all sorts of ways. My parents, over a couple of years until Indian Kite man stopped showing up.....would park me with him for the day.....happy me......and I'd be flying his kites with him.

:bgrin
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Apr 2018, 22:22

Curry kite.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby pinkeye » 26 Apr 2018, 02:09

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

that's all we need ... kill the birds now as well as the fish :smack


This is serious business, John. It's about closure for Aussie's inner child.



aussie needs to buy his brother a case of beer and get over it. :thumb


Like farq I will! Pre ten, I was obsessed with kites. Made my own using shitty sticks, brown paper, string around the frame and glue made of flour and water to seat the paper on the string around the frame. Then added the long tails they needed. And then......and then.....the Aussie Indian Kite man bloke came to the Bundy annual Show. Those kites are acrobatic. No tail. Light as a feather, bamboo frame. You can manipulate them to move in all sorts of ways. My parents, over a couple of years until Indian Kite man stopped showing up.....would park me with him for the day.....happy me......and I'd be flying his kites with him.

:bgrin


I remember building kites out of brown paper and sticks too. reading your post reminded me, Aussie. There was no visiting kiteman where i lived tho.

I liked making bows and arrows too. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Apr 2018, 20:41

For Booby the gullible fool

https://www.vogelvry.com.au/spring-flowering-bulbs-available-in-late-january/

That place sells bulbs mainly. Look alright to you?

Jesus!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Apr 2018, 22:26

Hmmmm, the trees I bought last year are “roughly 5-6 feet high. And each one is in a 45kg bag.” Hmmm somehow I doubt my Mazda will be much use carrying all that! The guy will bring them in his ute “for a price” of course. I asked him what the price was so I can ring a couple couriers and get their price.

That is some growth! The guy looking after them said two of the cider apples fruited this year.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby pinkeye » 28 Apr 2018, 22:55

HBS Guy wrote:Hmmmm, the trees I bought last year are “roughly 5-6 feet high. And each one is in a 45kg bag.” Hmmm somehow I doubt my Mazda will be much use carrying all that! The guy will bring them in his ute “for a price” of course. I asked him what the price was so I can ring a couple couriers and get their price.

That is some growth! The guy looking after them said two of the cider apples fruited this year.


For a price. Well, when you become part of the neighbourhood you will find people are willing to do such things for a 6 pack of beer, for example. You sound like you will be doing business, so you really need to get to know your locals. ( 'suce me if I state the obvious)
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Apr 2018, 23:23

8 pack of home made cider? Jar raspberry jam?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 03 May 2018, 01:08

Hmmm being sick and tired of reading about apple trees and clay soils I looked in the “Grow Fruit” library book and chose red currants.

Ah bliss! Currants should be planted sheltered from strong winds and hot afternoon sun. Perfect! I will plant the bastards along my back (Eastern) boundary near the southern boundary. The cider apples will shelter them from the NW prevailing wind AND the afternoon sun and they will get the lovely morning sun! Not that the sun gets that hot in Tassie!

White currants and red currants. Maybe a gooseberry bush or 2? Some native Tas. berries incl pepperberry.

The long northern boundary—lots of raspberries. Dunno whether to spread the harvest season by buying very early, early etc ripening berries or just buy lots (60–80) of the best tasting ones. Some blackberries (seedless!) and blueberries might need to be grown in pots with acid potting mix.

Native edibles: http://www.potn.com.au/edible_plants.html
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Well, THAT was a shock to the system

Postby HBS Guy » 11 May 2018, 20:51

Been reading about simple (no chemicals/microscope etc.)

Interesting. About 6-7 tests can be done with little gear: spade, sheet of cardboard, hand trowel

Now I know my soil is clay and definitely alkaline but I want to see how it progresses as I work it.

I also have a simple chemical kit to test soil pH and potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen content. Can do 10 tests of each, 1 test of 3 or 4 locations in Sep, repeat next March. I have enough chemicals to stuff up and repeat a couple of tests. Can buy replacement chemicals for the next two visits.

Ribbon test: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resources/alpineresorts/20070596App13.pdf
NSW Environment and Primary Industries departments have some good info (the DPI website has a great section on cider apples.

A YouTube I will look at soon:



Applied Environmentalism.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 46881
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests