Yes!

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Yes!

Postby Aussie » 06 Mar 2018, 23:52

New MOD for Atheism. The_Barnacle. FD just moved in and appointed after he expressed interest. That is the way it has to be done these days. Back to the halcyon at PA...yes we held elections which worked, and then later, the manipulations started ... and yes, I fought fire with fire. Elections of Forums these days just are hopeless. They are divisive and produce tribal, personality outcomes. I used to be a great fan of them.....not any more, as things have dramatically changed on the www.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: Yes!

Postby pinkeye » 07 Mar 2018, 00:13

WTF Aussie?
Just so you know, I'm not at fan of either Ozpol or 'the unmentionable''. :tweed

I couldn't give a fuck about them. I think it inappropriate that you and Monk are still obsessed with the goings on over there and REPORT IT HERE. You both obviously have divided loyalties. Or perhaps its the thrill of conflict.? Beats me.

I checked this out hoping for some good news, and what do I get... rubbish about garbage. Oh well...
... I don't know, perhaps I'm particularly singleminded, once I decide something IS CRAP. :WTF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 02:07

Yes, the board mod elections was the final straw convincing me not to post there.

The election of Booby to Environment was just idiotic. The way the elections are done just encourages corruption—we don’t know if sock votes get counted or who voted for who.

Hopefully FD is seeing sense.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 02:23

Sent FD a PM congratulating him on commonsense and asking him to set aside the elections so far. :roll :bgrin

Booby is obviously totally unfit to Mod Environment and miketrees and Gordon have no idea about their boards either.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 07 Mar 2018, 02:56

HBS Guy wrote:Sent FD a PM congratulating him on commonsense and asking him to set aside the elections so far. :roll :bgrin

Booby is obviously totally unfit to Mod Environment and miketrees and Gordon have no idea about their boards either.

Well I'll now officially state that you are an addict. I assume you are referring to OzPol elections. ..
:WTF

Get over it FFS.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 03:14

I have not posted there for ages. Partly because Dic is overenthusiastic in handing out month long bans to me and partly because board Mod elections are a stupid thing to do.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 09:56

Well I'm leaning towards the other way (maybe we should have a vote on this? ).
I do like the voting system. It's not totally perfect but with the pompous and obvious bias FD has - it would set people off with his choices mostly.
At least the voting system VIC has run has aroused fire, brimstone and result.
I think Bobby is a nut at Environmental - but he did get in. So I respect that (and stay away :rofl ).
I was fine with Skippy 'skipping in' against me in Fringe.
Barnacle was mentioned by a few as a worthy candidate for Atheism and that gave FD the 'auto' response to make him Mod, especially when no-one else was interested.
I guess Barny was asked and he said yes and FD pushed the magic button and presto - The Barnacle is Mod of Atheism.

I'm sure if I run for Travel, I won't get that luxury. I'm sure every Sewer Rat will apply just to prevent me from getting an 'auto response' from FD.
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 10:52

HBS Guy wrote:Sent FD a PM congratulating him on commonsense and asking him to set aside the elections so far. :roll :bgrin

OTJ learning brah. I've been chucked in at the deep end many times and thrived. And hey, modding an obscure subsection of an obscure board with a handful of posters aint exactly going to result in planes crashing and nuclear plants exploding ;) ;)
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 10:56

No, it ain’t. But will it maximise good posts and stimulate much discussion?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 10:57

That's why I asked for Travel.
It's a light-weight Sub-Forum for a first time Mod position.
Maybe if I do well - I can aim for some Sub-Forum more busier and harder.
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 11:09

HBS Guy wrote:No, it ain’t. But will it maximise good posts and stimulate much discussion?

So be fair and make your judgment after a few months :)
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 11:13

Fine.

My main objection tho is the election process. It is not very transparent: two days for voting? We don’t know who voted for who, scope for corruption. It will mean cliqueness in OzPol. It is obvious that the sewer is actively PMing members to get their choices put into MBR Mod positions.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 11:19

HBS Guy wrote:Fine.

My main objection tho is the election process. It is not very transparent: two days for elections? We don’t know who voted for who, scope for corruption. It will mean cliqueness in OzPol. It is obvious that the sewer is actively PMing members to get their choices put into MBR Mod positions.

Yes they are indeed.
This is where your Forum members should support your members who run as well and hopefully 'numbers' wins the day.
Beyond that - maybe a OzPol (non-PA member) can squeeze in for a win.

But yes - it would save a lot of trouble if the Voting was made 'transparent' (not sure how it would be done?) and the names of those who voted and for who was seen by all. The 'mystery' is like a 'secret' and secrets are usually 'lies'. C.I.A's biggest 'secret' is that they are all GAY - time to 'come out'. :rofl
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 07 Mar 2018, 11:47

Gordy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No, it ain’t. But will it maximise good posts and stimulate much discussion?

So be fair and make your judgment after a few months :)

Tell me all about 'manners' Gordon.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Return to Sand Pit