Why is Australia piss poor at Winter Olympics?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

A big welcome to all the guests sitting here reading to go back and ponder! Why not post?

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Why is Australia piss poor at Winter Olympics?

Postby Squire » 16 Feb 2018, 15:17

I have heard it said that Australia has bigger snowfields than Western Europe. If that's so why doesn't Australia perform better in snow and ice sports?

Remember the Australian accidental hero who won gold in skating decades ago

In regard to figure skating, Australian homosexuals appear to be unable to cut the mustard.

Is this another reason for Australia's poor standing on the country misery list?
Squire
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Re: Why is Australia piss poor at Winter Olympics?

Postby johnsmith » 16 Feb 2018, 16:01

Squire wrote:I have heard it said that Australia has bigger snowfields than Western Europe.

A. I have trouble believing that's true given that during winter all of western Europe is typically under snow
B. our snow fields are in sparsely populated areas that when most people who visit, stay a week or weekend at a time. Hardly comparable to a country who's population outside of the major cities ski or skate on ice and snow for 3 or 4 months of the year.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Squire » 16 Feb 2018, 16:26

johnsmith wrote:
Squire wrote:I have heard it said that Australia has bigger snowfields than Western Europe.

A. I have trouble believing that's true given that during winter all of western Europe is typically under snow
B. our snow fields are in sparsely populated areas that when most people who visit, stay a week or weekend at a time. Hardly comparable to a country who's population outside of the major cities ski or skate on ice and snow for 3 or 4 months of the year.

If excuse manufacturing was a Winter Olympics event Australia would win gold.

I have been in Western Europe for a whole winter and I can assure you that "all of Western Europe is typically under snow" is not true.
Squire
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Feb 2018, 16:31

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 16 Feb 2018, 17:56

Squire wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I have been in Western Europe for a whole winter and I can assure you that "all of Western Europe is typically under snow" is not true.

what country do you think does well that is not typically under snow?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Return to Sand Pit