OzPol—Election of board mods

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

A big welcome to all the guests sitting here reading to go back and ponder! Why not post?

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

OzPol—Election of board mods

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 11:04

This is such a bad idea.

All it will do is promote the formation of cliques to get certain members elected when vacancies occur.

It promotes based on popularity not ability, crazy!

The stink of the sewer has been growing on OzPol, this just makes OzPol more like the sewer—the sewer seems to vote for Booby despite him being shifty amd evasive in debate and having no knowledge of the environment. As I said—cliques.

The management of this election is really fucking crap, as is to be expected with Vic the Dic running it.

Another sewer stink: two people have been permanently banned by FD despite the bannees not breaking any rules, not even discourtesy.

A fucked up election on a fucked up board. No thanks, not for me.

This is MY viewpoint. I am sure others can see the consequences of board Mod elections but have decided nevertheless to vote to elect someone with some idea of the environment.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: OzPol—Election of board mods

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 12:08

Oh dear, I think Vic the Dic is finding running the fucked up election is too much for him:

No, you don't get to decide how this is run. do it again and I will suspend you for the duration. of the poll. Go and mod your own shytepit and let this run it's course. Is that clear enough for you? Vote deleted

So, you can’t see how people vote. Why the fuck not?

“Mod your own shytepit” is NOT how a GMod should address a member or board mod.

Fucked up election! Fucked up GMod! Soon—fucked up OzPol! It is a fair way to being fucked up already.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 12:15

Re: Vote Progress
Reply #57 - Today at 9:42am Quote
i just voted in column one to get an update too see who is leading- looks a bit suss i suspect the odd sock have voted for barnacle as his vote went up too quick - I saw Emucorp last night who didnt post and I suspect is a mothra/greg sock as it was here months ago supporting Mothra- suss and there will be others- an open board vote would have prevented this but if you are able to sort out the socks/vpns then it isnt a problem

Cliques, socks, skullduggery and lasting resentment of the winner by the loser.

Why the fuck do it this way?

Myself or Barnacle are the only ones remotely suitable to Mod Environment. Booby will stamp on all dissent, evade like hell when called on for crap Mod actions. Two weeks I reckon is how long Environment would last as an active board with Booby as Mod.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 12:17

Christ, if you want Board elections open up ALL member–run board for election, ohh say every couple of years?

Tavern and Real Estate are essentially moribund boards and they wouldn’t be the only ones.

Yeah, do that if you want to destroy OzPol!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 12:20

Body Odor:

Because of a certain person's many and varied attempts to stack and/or manipulate the voting process at PA over the years, limitations were set in place to potentially stop the manipulation. Voting would only be accepted from full contributing members.

Hence votes from people like, say, Emucorp who has made what ... 34 posts? ... would not be considered as he would not have a clue about either Barnacle or Bobby and would have just flown in by a demand via PM. If indeed people like that have flown in to vote.

It should not be about popularity, hate, vengeance, control nor anything else. It should be about a passion for the subject from whatever viewpoint you hold and a tolerance to accept that everyone does not always hold the same viewpoint as yourself and never will.

It should be voting FOR someone who has that passion as opposed to voting AGAINST someone else ... just because.

This is all the shit that electing board members will bring. Elections are about popularity. They make cliques form.

What BO is saying they devised rules to ensure Aussie could never become Mod. And what is the sewer? Most of it is Sparta, a secret room for gossip about OzPol members.

Why the FUCK bring this shit into OzPol?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 12:32

The STUPID the STUPID, oh my god the STUPID!

My vote went to Lisa

She is experienced at modding. She wont take rubbish from Aussie or Monk. Everyone knows her style. This will give the new forum the best chance of success.

Experienced at modding? Hmmm the most moribund Member Run Board on OzPol! Real Estate should be buzzing—is the housing boom really ending? When will the RBA lift rates etc? Nothing! Not a single post on real estate for months!

I guess it is antipathy to me and Aussie led Sappho to make that silly, illinformed post.

More hate! More stupidity! What a wonderful fucking thing electing board Mods is. Not.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Jan 2018, 17:27

I see you have voted. Good.

See, Dutchmen are not completely stubborn, just mostly.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 17:51

It is all a mistake. The sensible decision would have been to boycott the ridiculous election, let Booby ruin Environment and see no more elections. But you never could see the long term strategy, only short term tactics. This has seen you locked out of what (once was) PA.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Jan 2018, 18:35

HBS Guy wrote:It is all a mistake. The sensible decision would have been to boycott the ridiculous election, let Booby ruin Environment and see no more elections. But you never could see the long term strategy, only short term tactics. This has seen you locked out of what (once was) PA.

Disagree. Bobby will just continue posting his Debuyne stuff, and nothing will change. It will keep going way beyond two weeks. You can bet that Debuyne will announce that his expert source Bobby 'is now the Moderator.'

KISS.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 18:47

Booby believes in the ice age crap with a passion. Alternative viewpoints will not be tolerated! He deletes a post or something like that he will evade like mad explaining himself. Evasion is his ONE debating tactic.

Really, it is the best result possible: there won’t be too many more board Mod elections I reckon.

A process that should have taken like two months has wrapped up in what, one week? Indecent haste to get Booby elected so OzPol stinks a bit more of the sewer.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jan 2018, 19:35

ahahahahahahahaha! oh man!

I make a long post, putting down solid reasons as to why board Mod elections are a bad idea—and they are and Vic the Dic was clearly out of his depth—and Vic the Dic replies “sour grapes” even tho I did not run and to stop me refuting that crap—the poor sap banned me.

Ohhh GOOD way to win debates, Vic the Dic! Good way! Gag those with a differing point of view.

Well, that might work except I have this board where I can put my point of view, Vic the Dic. Very unpopular this board is among those who cannot really debate and carry a viewpoint. Like you, Vic the Dic. Pathetic GMod.

NOTHING in my post was sour grapes: I wasn’t running. While I may have liked Barnacle to win as he posts facts I hate the idea of elections for board mods. THAT is what I posted about.

Maybe we should have elections for GMods every year? No, Vic the Dic? Why not? You know, I thought you might not like that idea. LOT of hypocrisy there, Vic the Dic. Loser!

What a fucking loser, bans those he criticises to deprive them of the right of reply. I cannot convey the depth of my contempt for the likes of you, Vic the Dic!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Sand Pit