The Me Too Campaign

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 25 Jan 2018, 14:56

mothra wrote:Is that what you claim every time your wife hits it over your head?

not always ... sometimes I tell her she's a psycho

mothra wrote:I mean, you know that is about the single most dismissive and offensive thing you can say to a woman trying to make a point, yes?

of course ..... otherwise there is no point in saying it

mothra wrote:Was the content of my OP over your head? Or do you simply not care about the content?

no, I'm just to busy to go through it properly now. I've been painting all day and when I've popped in for a drink I've used the time to rile you up. You women aren't the only ones who can multitask you know. I can drink and annoy you at the same time.

and it's worked a treat too.

seriously now, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up. People have other priorities to you, you know. Just because I have to get a painting job finished it doesn't mean I don't care about your topic, nor does it mean that I'm to stupid to understand it. Just take a deep breath and relax a little. People will get to it when they get to it .... no need for you to get all condescending over it.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 14:59

Okay I have read it and agree with you. In a nutshell, Germaine has the expectation that everyone is just like her or should be just like her, and if they are not like her ~ that is a fault/flaw in them and they must just suffer whatever the consequences are.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Miranda » 25 Jan 2018, 15:27

mothra wrote:Alright, i've done some major thinking about this ... i hope one or two of you will indulge me enough to read this.

My personal brand of feminism is about people feeling good. Men and women. I fight stereotypes. I know the difference between what i'm conditioned to find attractive and what actually turns me on. And most people don't. And make themselves and other people miserable about it in countless ways expressing it. Toxic masculinity has roots here. As does toxic femininity.

There is nothing egalitarian about Feminism. And whilst it is true that Feminism has served females well, it is more relevant to reflect upon notions of equality, which would have served us better.

I have no idea why you have added your personal brand of feminism, which is seemingly in support of Hedonism and lacking gender bias. All in all, there were lots of words, but not much said. :WTF
Miranda
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:27

johnsmith wrote:
seriously now, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up. People have other priorities to you, you know. Just because I have to get a painting job finished it doesn't mean I don't care about your topic, nor does it mean that I'm to stupid to understand it. Just take a deep breath and relax a little. People will get to it when they get to it .... no need for you to get all condescending over it.

You just said that and called me condescending? Are you for real?

And ... if you want to know what i'm so "worked up" about .... here's a clue:

#me too

But by all means, keep on trivialising everything i've said for shits and giggles.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:31

Miranda wrote:
mothra wrote:Alright, i've done some major thinking about this ... i hope one or two of you will indulge me enough to read this.

My personal brand of feminism is about people feeling good. Men and women. I fight stereotypes. I know the difference between what i'm conditioned to find attractive and what actually turns me on. And most people don't. And make themselves and other people miserable about it in countless ways expressing it. Toxic masculinity has roots here. As does toxic femininity.

There is nothing egalitarian about Feminism. And whilst it is true that Feminism has served females well, it is more relevant to reflect upon notions of equality, which would have served us better.

I have no idea why you have added your personal brand of feminism, which is seemingly in support of Hedonism and lacking gender bias. All in all, there were lots of words, but not much said. :WTF

Nothing egalitarian about feminism? Surely you are confused. Misguided perhaps ... or poorly educated?

You've been led on a bum steer, somewhere along the line.

And a great deal was said. I fear it went over your head. Having observed you over time, i expected it.

But thank you for venturing forth an opinion. It;s nice to see you actually post something. Usually you just lurk.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 15:47

Hey, more than half an hour has passed since I made my response, and you have said nothing. NOTHING! The hide!
Aussie

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:47

Miranda, perhaps you'd like to copy and paste one single paragraph from the OP in which "nothing was said"?

Just the one. There are a few to pick from.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:48

Aussie wrote:Hey, more than half an hour has passed since I made my response, and you have said nothing. NOTHING! The hide!

Did you actually say something worth commenting on?

Perhaps you would like me to thank you for agreeing with a very small part of what i said?

Would that make you feel better?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:50

And just in case none of you have noticed, i've got my angry pants on today.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Jan 2018, 15:52

Ah, no, I hadn’t noticed :roll :roll :roll
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 15:53

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:Hey, more than half an hour has passed since I made my response, and you have said nothing. NOTHING! The hide!

Perhaps you would like me to thank you for agreeing with a very small part of what i said?

Yes, and you could also say that I put it more succinctly than you did.

:bgrin
Aussie

Postby Miranda » 25 Jan 2018, 15:56

egalitarian. asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life. a person who adheres to egalitarian beliefs.

There is nothing in the above definition that refers to gender whereas 'feminism' is a gender bias philosophy.
Miranda
Jack Russell

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 15:58

HBS Guy wrote:Ah, no, I hadn’t noticed :roll :roll :roll

It's what it takes though, no?

Listen: i'm a not unattractive woman. I have been the recipient of foul innuendo since i was 14 years old.

I still get it, going to the shops even.

Unless you've been on the receiving end of such thoughts made real, you just cannot get it.

And innuendo is the very least of it.

To see a considered post, such as the one i made, dismissed and trivialised actually results in feelings from me.

I like you guys. I would like to trust you. I consider you all to be a cut above the average idiot on Ozpol.

I was sincerely looking for validation and recognition.

I got bullshit.

Hence the angry pants.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 16:01

[quote[I got bullshit. [/quote]

No. You got deliberately heckled by Mr Smith, who will, when he has time, as he has said, respond.
Aussie

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:01

Miranda wrote:egalitarian. asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life. a person who adheres to egalitarian beliefs.

There is nothing in the above definition that refers to gender whereas 'feminism' is a gender bias philosophy.

You don't understand feminism at all, do you. No matter, you're not alone. It is essentially, in every way, egalitarian.

Feminism is all about equality.

You know we all have masculine and feminine aspects, yeah? What's valued? Thought about that, have you?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:03

Aussie wrote:[quote[I got bullshit.

No. You got deliberately heckled by Mr Smith, who will, when he has time, as he has said, respond.[/quote]

Heckled and dismissed. Commented upon, dismissively.

And your commenting upon what i said in the OP is still rather dismissive.

Yet here we are.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:03

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

Bollocks. You paraphrased a sentence.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 16:05

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

I reckon I captured most of what you said in that nutshell.
Aussie

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:07

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

I reckon I captured most of what you said in that nutshell.

Oh? What is freeze?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:08

Perhaps between you and Miranda, we can go paragraph by paragraph.

I'm all eyes.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 16:09

Oh? What is freeze?

One of the options Germaine failed to consider.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 25 Jan 2018, 16:12

Aussie wrote:[quote[I got bullshit.

No. You got deliberately heckled by Mr Smith, who will, when he has time, as he has said, respond.[/quote]

FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:14

Aussie wrote:
Oh? What is freeze?

One of the options Germaine failed to consider.

Do you mean an option i mentioned in my Op? Not succinctly encapsulated by your fabulous, all-consuming sentence?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:17

And lo and behold! This is how it goes when a woman dares speak up about sexual inpropriety.

Not so different form Ozpol here, aer we?

Only tangible difference is aside from Miranda, we don;t have vacuous women enabling the bad behaviour of men.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 16:35

Aussie ... this paragraph thing.

Do you want to talk about the paragraph from the OP that mentions you and your "Who's really to blame" thread?

Or we could pick another paragraph ... if that one's too embarrassing for you.
mothra
Duck

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit