The Me Too Campaign

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

A big welcome to all the guests sitting here reading to go back and ponder! Why not post?

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Miranda » 25 Jan 2018, 18:54

Wow! Reading is not a skill you possess. Never mind, I'll be kind and assume that your passion for the topic got in the way... and repost the last line.... large and red, to reflect your mood. I wont engage with you again. It was an unpleasant experience.


I am against 'isms', that would negate rights and people.
Miranda
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 19:23

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
My personal brand of feminism is about people feeling good. Men and women.


How often do you put your personal brand of feminism into practice?

:bgrin



Every single day of my life.


Except angry pants day.

:roll


Oh? My questioning people to substantiate how i, after considered thought, said actually nothing is making them feel bad?

In fact, today, i have told more than a couple of people that they are okay in their own skin. What's more, my acceptance of them, warts and all, speaks even louder than any words i may have uttered.

Are you suggesting that holding people to account for what they say is an erosion of their sense of self worth?

Have i made you feel bad, Aussie, by rejecting yuor assertion that you surmised all of my considered thought in one single sentence?

I thought it was you trying to make me feel bad. An attempt to make yourself superior.

I apologise if i hurt your feelings in effectively countering that.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 19:25

Miranda wrote:Wow! Reading is not a skill you possess. Never mind, I'll be kind and assume that your passion for the topic got in the way... and repost the last line.... large and red, to reflect your mood. I wont engage with you again. It was an unpleasant experience.


I am against 'isms', that would negate rights and people.



So, no problem with feminism then. Glad we sorted that out. I try so hard, what with my lack of skills and inability to say anything of substance.

Tell me again, what is it you're for? Something about making everyone except me feel okay?
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 19:36

Have i made you feel bad, Aussie, by rejecting yuor assertion that you surmised all of my considered thought in one single sentence?

I thought it was you trying to make me feel bad. An attempt to make yourself superior.

I apologise if i hurt your feelings in effectively countering that.


Oh the dripping, reeking sarcasm and self applause!

You have seriously cut me to the quick with your level of cleverness.

:beer
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 19:38

How about you grab one of those paragraphs you wanted to analyse?
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 19:39

Aussie wrote:
Have i made you feel bad, Aussie, by rejecting yuor assertion that you surmised all of my considered thought in one single sentence?

I thought it was you trying to make me feel bad. An attempt to make yourself superior.

I apologise if i hurt your feelings in effectively countering that.


Oh the dripping, reeking sarcasm and self applause!

You have seriously cut me to the quick with your level of cleverness.

:beer



Have i? You're a bit of a soft target then. I haven't actually tried very hard. I've contented myself with holding up mirrors.

All in self defence, of course.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 25 Jan 2018, 19:43

Aussie wrote:How about you grab one of those paragraphs you wanted to analyse?



How have you got this so very wrong?

You claimed you encapsulated my entire OP in a sentence.

I said, let's see then ... grab any paragraph. Let's see if you covered it. Quite generous of me really. There were some very short paragraphs.

You didn't. And you;ve been sulking about it ever since. And representing that by trying to character assassinate me.

Pathetic, Aussie.

You've been hanging out at Ozpol too long. Such tricks don;t work on me. I am, as i said, too clever.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Aussie » 25 Jan 2018, 19:47

Yes, way too superior.

:roll
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 25 Jan 2018, 20:24

mothra wrote:
Yes ... women who talk back are always on the rag, yeah?



It wasn't the talking back that caused me to make that comment, it was the hysterics. :B
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 25 Jan 2018, 21:08

mothra wrote:Alright, i've done some major thinking about this ... i hope one or two of you will indulge me enough to read this.

Anyone miss what Germaine had to say? Here it is:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/23/germaine-greer-criticises-whingeing-metoo-movement

But the crux of her argument, an argument put extremely crudely, is that she expects better of women than to allow such shenanigans to occur in the first place. That she idealises a world in which women need only say 'no' and that 'no' would suffice.

Germaine, as much as i admire her on many levels, is once again arrogantly victim to her own realisations. Insofar as she expects the standards she has achieved through clever and educated analysis to be naturally the applied standard.

It is not.

Firstly, let me say that Germaine is a sexual liberationist. This is the barrow she has always pushed. Feminism was a conduit for that ... and she exemplifies much of what feminism is all about ... but my, does she patronise. The antithesis of feminism. And she falls very short of speaking for the average woman. Whilst i tend to agree with her on a great many things (the me too campaign being a strong exception), i have had the tremendous advantage of being widely educated in a number of rather extensive ways. This advantage is not typical and most certainly not to be expected. I may even put forth that i have taken the time, through teaching and humility to think deeply. Sometimes i think Germaine stops at reactive thought and fails to push through to what can be termed in no better way than holistic awareness.

If i may digress and cite the example of her hanging shit on Gillard's arse. I know she was making her own statement about the trivialities of such things but the result was otherwise. In my opinion, it merely played into the discrimination of women who do not conform to set standards and as a result, would have caused many women to feel bad .... as opposed to good. And seriously, why the fuck are we talking about Julia Gillard's arse in the first place. Enough already ... dissecting women. I thought we won this one in the '90s ... seems now we are just doing it to men too and calling that equality. Go figure.

My personal brand of feminism is about people feeling good. Men and women. I fight stereotypes. I know the difference between what i'm conditioned to find attractive and what actually turns me on. And most people don't. And make themselves and other people miserable about it in countless ways expressing it. Toxic masculinity has roots here. As does toxic femininity.

Seems odd to me.

Yet, unlike Germaine, i don/t expect that thought to have occurred to everyone ... so i cut people some slack and do my best to make as many people as i can feel good ... and get my own end away without recrimination.

But back to what she said: from women not saying no firmly enough in a way that effected result constituting consent to her minimisation of the accounts coming into the light being nothing more than quid pro quo ... to, even more dangerously, describing victims as "whingers" and claiming that this is some kind of witch hunt on healthy sexuality ....

Firsty, may i say that it's not just 'fight or flight'. It's 'fight, flight or freeze'. It's amazing what you'll just stand there for ... go through instructions under the thrall of even ... when you hit freeze. Dear Germaine, a great many women freeze. Children do it all the time. So do men. May i also add that fight and flight are often not options in any real sense anyway. But let's talk about 'fight'. How many women are conditioned to fight back? How many of us have been taught not to? For a great many reasons. Psychologically, there is abundant evidence that speaks of factors involving a woman's disinclination to fight back. And children? How many men when faced with an assailant considerably stronger than them will adopt not to fight?

..and strength is but one factor. I would have like that Germaine, with the stimuli of all of her wide and varied influences had arrived at a few explanatory conclusions along the way. Perhaps she has? And merely dismissed them because she herself has outgrown them?

I had this conversation with an old friend on the weekend. She was so optimistic. I was left with the same impression after watching the news coverage of the SAG awards. All of these women, all over the place, feeling empowered; screaming 'me too' as we bare our chests in defiance.

I'm jaded though. I thought these battles were already won. There's been no change in me throught all of this. I was already there.

And now i await the backlash ... already evidenced on Ozpol in spades ... and even in Aussie's "Who's to blame" thread. And Germaine, treacherously.

Maybe it's just all about the pendulum. Maybe it'll swing farther this time. Maybe a few more people will switch on to what is cool or not to express about your desires to another person who isn't all the way in it with you. Maybe society will stop normalising the objectification and evaluation of worth of women.

I'm unconvinced though. I've seen the pendulum swing back ... hard. So hard that feminism, a truly egalitarian, humanist and ethical school of thought has become something sinister and threatening. Reviled by both men and women. Women go to great lengths to distance themselves from the ideology. Breaks my heart.

One hell of a backlash. I'm expecting the one coming from me too to be a doozy. Not to mention the opportunists who latch onto the momentum.

... and nobody will believe victims anymore.




OK Mothra, Here I am. :rose

I find that I often disagree with Greer. I find that she, like many other people, uses feminism to push her own agenda. And like others, when it suits her, she often attacks feminism to further that agenda. I don't often read her spiels or listen to her cause I think she gets rather monotonous. But on the few occasions that I have done so, I've been left with the impression that she doesn't live in the real world. She found something that worked for her many years ago and repeats it whenever she thinks it will get her noticed. I agree with your comment that she's a sexual liberationist.

I disagree with her totally on her comments that it was 'tantamount to consent'. The real world isn't like in the carry on gang movies in which she alludes to. People react differently when placed in a situation they would rather not be in. If the women in question had spoken up back then, then what? They would have most likely been ignored, bullied and left without a career. No one would have taken some up and coming starlets word over someone of the calibre of Harvey Weinstein. The only reason they do now is because of the advances of feminism.
Look at trump, he's from the same era. He even admits to assaulting women and still he was never prosecuted for his actions. The women were ridiculed, bribed and laughed at until they had no choice but to be quiet or face further attacks on their character. People the likes of trump and Weinstein do not care who they destroys as long as he gets theirway. Weinstein had everyone protecting him. From other A grade actors, film studios, production companies, film financiers etc..... they all wanted Weinstein on side because he made everyone huge profits and for this he was untouchable.

ohh, and I don't think the 'backlash' will be anything to lose sleep about. Sure the usual crowd will jump on the bandwagon, but they would do that regardless. I think at the very least many people will think twice on how they use or abuse their influence with the opposite sex, and that's all you can ask for.

By the way mothra, it took me about 30 minutes to re read your comment (twice), think about it, process it and type up my reply. 30 minutes I didn't have earlier. The next time I tell you I haven't time it would be appreciated if you didn't attack me (or others) for it, or accuse me of not being able to read or not understanding it. You aren't helping feminism if you came across as a psycho bitch pushing her own agenda. It's a long weekend and I had one day to do two days work (which I was unable to complete) ... all this while tending to my wife (whom you've been made aware of her condition) picking up and dropping off the kids and dealing with a few other unexpected issues that have popped up throughout the day with tenants. You're lucky I'm putting your little tantie down to pms otherwise I might take it personally. All you have to do now is say 'you da man John' and I'll forgive you. :tease
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 25 Jan 2018, 21:12

Image
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 14:57

Aussie wrote:Yes, way too superior.

:roll



How is saying i'm too clever to be manipulated "superior"?

What would you call your claim that you said everything i said "much more succinctly than me" then?
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 15:01

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
Yes ... women who talk back are always on the rag, yeah?



It wasn't the talking back that caused me to make that comment, it was the hysterics. :B


Yes, yes ... PMS, hysteric, need to clean the houses ... anything but an damn angry woman with an actual point that causes you to look outside of your own comfort zones.

I say again, do you greet brown skinned people, or Muslims who are angry about bigotry with condescending comments about camel fucking? Or ask the if they've been on the piss or something?

No ... you take them seriously.

The fact of the matter is, and i say this with confidence having reread this thread, that you blokes don;t give a flying fuck about women's issues. So little do you care, not one of you even validated the fucking title before you went on to put me in my box.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 15:07

johnsmith wrote:


OK Mothra, Here I am. :rose

I find that I often disagree with Greer. I find that she, like many other people, uses feminism to push her own agenda. And like others, when it suits her, she often attacks feminism to further that agenda. I don't often read her spiels or listen to her cause I think she gets rather monotonous. But on the few occasions that I have done so, I've been left with the impression that she doesn't live in the real world. She found something that worked for her many years ago and repeats it whenever she thinks it will get her noticed. I agree with your comment that she's a sexual liberationist.

I disagree with her totally on her comments that it was 'tantamount to consent'. The real world isn't like in the carry on gang movies in which she alludes to. People react differently when placed in a situation they would rather not be in. If the women in question had spoken up back then, then what? They would have most likely been ignored, bullied and left without a career. No one would have taken some up and coming starlets word over someone of the calibre of Harvey Weinstein. The only reason they do now is because of the advances of feminism.
Look at trump, he's from the same era. He even admits to assaulting women and still he was never prosecuted for his actions. The women were ridiculed, bribed and laughed at until they had no choice but to be quiet or face further attacks on their character. People the likes of trump and Weinstein do not care who they destroys as long as he gets theirway. Weinstein had everyone protecting him. From other A grade actors, film studios, production companies, film financiers etc..... they all wanted Weinstein on side because he made everyone huge profits and for this he was untouchable.

ohh, and I don't think the 'backlash' will be anything to lose sleep about. Sure the usual crowd will jump on the bandwagon, but they would do that regardless. I think at the very least many people will think twice on how they use or abuse their influence with the opposite sex, and that's all you can ask for.



Thank you, John. Sincerely. I had just about lost faith.

But i think the backlash is indeed something to be concerned about. I say this with the experience of having lived through it once already.

As i said in my OP, i thought we had won all these battles in the '90s. Yet here we are, women saying "oooh yuck, i'm not a feminist, i love men' .. and other such vacuous nonsense.

I fear very much that this movement (and movement it is) will actually be undone by women. Women who prioritise ingratiating themselves with men. Women like Germaine are in another class all together. She's just an egoist .. but those French women, tittering behind their fans saying shit like men pinching their arses just makes them feel desirable (read acceptable) .. they do women a great disservice .. and they have only just begun.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 15:14

johnsmith wrote:
By the way mothra, it took me about 30 minutes to re read your comment (twice), think about it, process it and type up my reply. 30 minutes I didn't have earlier. The next time I tell you I haven't time it would be appreciated if you didn't attack me (or others) for it, or accuse me of not being able to read or not understanding it. You aren't helping feminism if you came across as a psycho bitch pushing her own agenda. It's a long weekend and I had one day to do two days work (which I was unable to complete) ... all this while tending to my wife (whom you've been made aware of her condition) picking up and dropping off the kids and dealing with a few other unexpected issues that have popped up throughout the day with tenants. You're lucky I'm putting your little tantie down to pms otherwise I might take it personally. All you have to do now is say 'you da man John' and I'll forgive you. :tease



You want me to apologise for my passion? That my heartfelt soul searching was met with jokes about PMS and housecleaning and making my husband's dinner and that
offended me?

Here's the thing. Having been the recipient of countless episodes of male violence (sexual and otherwise), i take this issue very seriously. I put my soul into that OP.

I had hoped it would be met with a little more than blithe condescension and confessions that an very serious issue affecting billions of people is not something you were ready to have an opinion on, other than to invalidate me.

And now i'm doing a disservice to feminism? Like, your support for us uppity little women depends on how nicely we ask you not to treat us as objects? That's the reasoning the dickheads on Ozpol use to be enormous bigots.

Well here i am ... kicking your fucking door down..

Have you ever considered how it feel for a woman who's been raped or in other ways sexually assaulted to be constantly leered at, commented upon, asked if "they're real", discussed in lurid detail, follwed home, grabbed, pinched, or in otherwise sexually overpowered on FUCKING DAILY BASIS?

You're bigger than me. You're stronger than me. Are you gentle with children for that reason? Amazing how many men are not gentle with women.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 15:34

And one more thing, John, every time bar this one, i've met you on your level with your sexist jokes because i know they are jokes. However, i find them to be symbolic of a significant problem in society and unless you've actually been abused, or had your head kicked in for not doing your chores, or raped because you were wearing a short skirt and then questioned about your choice of attire, you cannot know the very raw nerve those jokes actually strum.

Sometimes, like jokes about Aboriginal people being pissheads, it's just not actually funny ... but representative of a wider social ill at worst and and best, incredibly dismissive.

Not all men that say such things are joking. A great many are deadly serious ... and we've had those things actually said to us.

It would pay you to bear that in mind, when the discussion is serious particularly.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 26 Jan 2018, 16:29

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
Yes ... women who talk back are always on the rag, yeah?



It wasn't the talking back that caused me to make that comment, it was the hysterics. :B


Yes, yes ... PMS, hysteric, need to clean the houses ... anything but an damn angry woman with an actual point that causes you to look outside of your own comfort zones.

I say again, do you greet brown skinned people, or Muslims who are angry about bigotry with condescending comments about camel fucking? Or ask the if they've been on the piss or something?

No ... you take them seriously.

The fact of the matter is, and i say this with confidence having reread this thread, that you blokes don;t give a flying fuck about women's issues. So little do you care, not one of you even validated the fucking title before you went on to put me in my box.



if a brown skinned person or muslim wants to discuss something, and I tell them I'm to busy and I'll have to get back to them later, and they go off at me, you can bet your arse I'm going to tell them off. I have other priorities and no one has the right to tell me my priority should be the same as theirs. Especially on this type of forum where you have no idea what's going on in my real world.
If you can't see how wrong you were to have a go at people just because they said they'd get back to you, then you need to step away from the PC and take a holiday somewhere. The fresh air will do you good.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 26 Jan 2018, 16:33

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
By the way mothra, it took me about 30 minutes to re read your comment (twice), think about it, process it and type up my reply. 30 minutes I didn't have earlier. The next time I tell you I haven't time it would be appreciated if you didn't attack me (or others) for it, or accuse me of not being able to read or not understanding it. You aren't helping feminism if you came across as a psycho bitch pushing her own agenda. It's a long weekend and I had one day to do two days work (which I was unable to complete) ... all this while tending to my wife (whom you've been made aware of her condition) picking up and dropping off the kids and dealing with a few other unexpected issues that have popped up throughout the day with tenants. You're lucky I'm putting your little tantie down to pms otherwise I might take it personally. All you have to do now is say 'you da man John' and I'll forgive you. :tease



You want me to apologise for my passion? That my heartfelt soul searching was met with jokes about PMS and housecleaning and making my husband's dinner and that
offended me?


no, I want you to say 'you da man' :hlo

comments about PMS and making dinner had nothing to do with the OP, but about your comments after.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 26 Jan 2018, 16:39

mothra wrote:And one more thing, John, every time bar this one, i've met you on your level with your sexist jokes because i know they are jokes. However, i find them to be symbolic of a significant problem in society and unless you've actually been abused, or had your head kicked in for not doing your chores, or raped because you were wearing a short skirt and then questioned about your choice of attire, you cannot know the very raw nerve those jokes actually strum.

Sometimes, like jokes about Aboriginal people being pissheads, it's just not actually funny ... but representative of a wider social ill at worst and and best, incredibly dismissive.

Not all men that say such things are joking. A great many are deadly serious ... and we've had those things actually said to us.

It would pay you to bear that in mind, when the discussion is serious particularly.



Mothra I'm of the belief that NO TOPIC or subject matter is prohibited from being used in humour. Even when a discussion is serious.

By the way, if I had taken your comments seriously, I can guarantee you would have liked my alternate response much much less than you liked my chosen responses.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 17:21

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
Yes ... women who talk back are always on the rag, yeah?



It wasn't the talking back that caused me to make that comment, it was the hysterics. :B


Yes, yes ... PMS, hysteric, need to clean the houses ... anything but an damn angry woman with an actual point that causes you to look outside of your own comfort zones.

I say again, do you greet brown skinned people, or Muslims who are angry about bigotry with condescending comments about camel fucking? Or ask the if they've been on the piss or something?

No ... you take them seriously.

The fact of the matter is, and i say this with confidence having reread this thread, that you blokes don;t give a flying fuck about women's issues. So little do you care, not one of you even validated the fucking title before you went on to put me in my box.



if a brown skinned person or muslim wants to discuss something, and I tell them I'm to busy and I'll have to get back to them later, and they go off at me, you can bet your arse I'm going to tell them off. I have other priorities and no one has the right to tell me my priority should be the same as theirs. Especially on this type of forum where you have no idea what's going on in my real world.
If you can't see how wrong you were to have a go at people just because they said they'd get back to you, then you need to step away from the PC and take a holiday somewhere. The fresh air will do you good.


Oh? You'd tell an Aboriginal who poured their heart out about a matter that effects them deeply that you really should have at least a concilatory coment in validation about to have another goon while they wait for you to get back to them?

This isn't about people "getting back to me" ... it's about being utterly diminished and dismissed because this is not as issue of particular import to you.


And now i see it's "turn off the computer and get some fresh air".

I think the only ways in which you failed to invalidate me is by calling me "bitter" or unattractive to men in the first place. You know, the usual crap i get from people i think less highly of than you.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 17:23

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
By the way mothra, it took me about 30 minutes to re read your comment (twice), think about it, process it and type up my reply. 30 minutes I didn't have earlier. The next time I tell you I haven't time it would be appreciated if you didn't attack me (or others) for it, or accuse me of not being able to read or not understanding it. You aren't helping feminism if you came across as a psycho bitch pushing her own agenda. It's a long weekend and I had one day to do two days work (which I was unable to complete) ... all this while tending to my wife (whom you've been made aware of her condition) picking up and dropping off the kids and dealing with a few other unexpected issues that have popped up throughout the day with tenants. You're lucky I'm putting your little tantie down to pms otherwise I might take it personally. All you have to do now is say 'you da man John' and I'll forgive you. :tease



You want me to apologise for my passion? That my heartfelt soul searching was met with jokes about PMS and housecleaning and making my husband's dinner and that
offended me?


no, I want you to say 'you da man' :hlo

comments about PMS and making dinner had nothing to do with the OP, but about your comments after.

]

Your first post:


johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote: but a hearty 'fuck you' to the reat of you.


ahh calm your tits woman :giggle :giggle

I had a quick read earlier but don't have time to form a proper reply yet. I don't have time now either. I could do a one liner but I don't think that's what you want.

Go have a coffee, clean the house, prepare dinner for your hubby and I'll get back to you later. :c



You are aware of how effectively women are put into our "place" by such comments historically and currently, yes?

I wonder why a woman may take umbrage at being told to wait on her man while her little thoughts about sexual violations are waited upon to be gotten around to.

You, John, could have avoided all of this by simply validating me ... instead of being a typical arsehole.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 17:28

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:And one more thing, John, every time bar this one, i've met you on your level with your sexist jokes because i know they are jokes. However, i find them to be symbolic of a significant problem in society and unless you've actually been abused, or had your head kicked in for not doing your chores, or raped because you were wearing a short skirt and then questioned about your choice of attire, you cannot know the very raw nerve those jokes actually strum.

Sometimes, like jokes about Aboriginal people being pissheads, it's just not actually funny ... but representative of a wider social ill at worst and and best, incredibly dismissive.

Not all men that say such things are joking. A great many are deadly serious ... and we've had those things actually said to us.

It would pay you to bear that in mind, when the discussion is serious particularly.



Mothra I'm of the belief that NO TOPIC or subject matter is prohibited from being used in humour. Even when a discussion is serious.

By the way, if I had taken your comments seriously, I can guarantee you would have liked my alternate response much much less than you liked my chosen responses.


So why don't you join in when AiA and Gordy are having a bit of a laugh over me being raped? It's all fair game, right?

And thank you for the admission that you didn't take me seriously. And by the way, do you think saying to me "Fuck off you fat, ugly, man-hating cunt" would have hurt me more than you did?

You'd be quite wrong.

Perhaps you'll take the opportunity of me explaining why i got my back up to to further your understanding of what women all over the world are currently marching in our millions about.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Aussie » 26 Jan 2018, 17:36

I'm out of my depth here, but I will say this. Mothra, not every woman/female has had the terrible experiences you have (well, I acknowledge what I know of another person) and that experience, and no surprise, has been part of shaping the views you have.

I reckon you need to factor that in. Not every smart arse male (me included) is an arsehole hell bent on denigrating you or dismissive of your views.

:beer
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 19:01

Aussie wrote:I'm out of my depth here, but I will say this. Mothra, not every woman/female has had the terrible experiences you have (well, I acknowledge what I know of another person) and that experience, and no surprise, has been part of shaping the views you have.

I reckon you need to factor that in. Not every smart arse male (me included) is an arsehole hell bent on denigrating you or dismissive of your views.

:beer



And there it is ... the "bitter" card .. deployed even after i mocked it's possible application

I'm only uppity because i'm what, damaged goods?

Clearly you are unaware of the millions of women who are taking to streets right now? My beliefs and opinions are not informed by what i have personally experoienced alone. How fucking patronising. What i have to say is based on everything i have observed, every girls or woman, be they a client of a friend sharing their experiences with me, by watching my own daughter become a woman and having to explain to her why some fuckwits thought it was okay to talk loudly to each other about her breasts, to name but one example.

And we get what when we speak out? COmments about our hormones and our "damage"

We can't actually have a point, could we? Nah, that would mean you have to fucking think about it.

And, while i'm fucking at it, if you are so fucking concerned with my "damage", then you are particularly insensitive.

A simple "this means something to me too" would have meant the world ... from any single one of you.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Miranda » 26 Jan 2018, 21:03

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:Not at all. You wanted a response and you got one. What is the paragraph you want to specifically refer to.



It's up to you and Miranda to refer to paragraphs.

Please find one in which i sad nothing but big words.

Or evidence how they were all encapsulated by your magic sentence.


For the second time, you are not reading what has been said. The claim is that you are too wordy and not that you use too many 'big words'. To be too wordy means that you have used too many words to explain yourself. You have also self referenced far too often. 26 times, 'I' occurs! It's no wonder that people were unmovated to respond... You made it too personal. Any disagreement would have and has been viewed as a personal attack. It leaves other members in an impossible debating position: Agree or know Mothra's wrath.

You didn't even bother proff reading your work! It is peppered with all kinds of errors. Why would somone who claims to have given a lot of thought to her piece, who claims to be well educated, want to submit such a flawed essay and not expect criticism?

Hyperbole comes to mind
Miranda
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest