The Me Too Campaign

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

A big welcome to all the guests sitting here reading to go back and ponder! Why not post?

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Aussie » 26 Jan 2018, 21:15

And there it is ... the "bitter" card ..


Okay, you trash my comment made with sincere empathy and understanding. You want to make that some symbol of something sinister or whatever.

Nah. Come on.....most blokes are good, decent blokes as I am sure most ladies are equally good and decent. Not all of us run around looking for dragons to slaughter because mostly, and thankfully in the adult world they really are insignificant, even if noticeable and notably duly not admired, dealt with by the Law and condemned. There is no gender war or put down I am aware of other than the penchant you seem to have for blasting the crap out of blokes who accept and understand your situation, your point of view and why you have it......because they are good blokes worth knowing.....but they are not rapists or apologists for those who don't, even if we fail to express that sentiment in exactly your terms.

You spoke about being admired publicly as you go about your normal business, and you ascribed something nasty to that. Nah, if I was doing exactly the same, I'd be quite chuffed and I'd feel (to use your word) just as desireable by females as you reckoned that Lady who decided to walk around randy bucks, topless, would feel....desireable.
User avatar
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 26 Jan 2018, 22:03

mothra wrote:Your first post:


in response to
mothra wrote:but a hearty 'fuck you' to the reat of you.


nothing to do with the OP


mothra wrote:Oh? You'd tell an Aboriginal who poured their heart out about a matter that effects them deeply that you really should have at least a concilatory coment in validation about to have another goon while they wait for you to get back to them?


if they were to say 'fuck you' because I told them I'd get back to them on an issue when I had time, yes. I would


mothra wrote:And now i see it's "turn off the computer and get some fresh air".


just some friendly advice because i care. Contrary to your claims it in no way invalidates anything you may have said earlier.

mothra wrote:I think the only ways in which you failed to invalidate me is by calling me "bitter" or unattractive to men in the first place.


now you're being hysterical again. And before you start again it has nothing to do with your sex, it has to do with the way you are reacting. If Aussie wrote what you wrote I'd tell him exactly the same thing

Aussie wrote:Okay, you trash my comment made with sincere empathy and understanding. You want to make that some symbol of something sinister or whatever.



and she has done this to everyone throughout this thread.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 22:31

Miranda wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:Not at all. You wanted a response and you got one. What is the paragraph you want to specifically refer to.



It's up to you and Miranda to refer to paragraphs.

Please find one in which i sad nothing but big words.

Or evidence how they were all encapsulated by your magic sentence.


For the second time, you are not reading what has been said. The claim is that you are too wordy and not that you use too many 'big words'. To be too wordy means that you have used too many words to explain yourself. You have also self referenced far too often. 26 times, 'I' occurs! It's no wonder that people were unmovated to respond... You made it too personal. Any disagreement would have and has been viewed as a personal attack. It leaves other members in an impossible debating position: Agree or know Mothra's wrath.

You didn't even bother proff reading your work! It is peppered with all kinds of errors. Why would somone who claims to have given a lot of thought to her piece, who claims to be well educated, want to submit such a flawed essay and not expect criticism?

Hyperbole comes to mind


Perhaps, as you've been invited to, you'd like to find a paragraph from the OP that is too hyperbolic?

Whilst you're doing that, you can point out any mistake i've made other than a typo on the word "throughout".

Thanks.

But in the meantime, you can comfort yourself in knowing the boys all know you're not a feminist. No doubt they'll like you better now. I find some women have lower standards of validation than my own.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 22:37

Aussie wrote:
And there it is ... the "bitter" card ..


Okay, you trash my comment made with sincere empathy and understanding. You want to make that some symbol of something sinister or whatever.

Nah. Come on.....most blokes are good, decent blokes as I am sure most ladies are equally good and decent. Not all of us run around looking for dragons to slaughter because mostly, and thankfully in the adult world they really are insignificant, even if noticeable and notably duly not admired, dealt with by the Law and condemned. There is no gender war or put down I am aware of other than the penchant you seem to have for blasting the crap out of blokes who accept and understand your situation, your point of view and why you have it......because they are good blokes worth knowing.....but they are not rapists or apologists for those who don't, even if we fail to express that sentiment in exactly your terms.

You spoke about being admired publicly as you go about your normal business, and you ascribed something nasty to that. Nah, if I was doing exactly the same, I'd be quite chuffed and I'd feel (to use your word) just as desireable by females as you reckoned that Lady who decided to walk around randy bucks, topless, would feel....desireable.



That was empathy? Telling me that most women don't feel the same as me and i only do because i'm damaged?

Andi'm quite aware that most blokes are good people. I consider you guys to be good people, although you've let me down massively on this. If i were an actual representation of my experiences, i'd be living in a separatist commune. I'll have you know i'm considerably more three dimensional than that.

But am i angry? Too fucking right i am angry ... and instead of reflecting upon why i am angry and trying a bit of empathy yourself, you continue to diminish and invalidate me.

I'm a voice in millions. And i'm a whole lot less angry than a great many women. It's just you lot are used to commentating on a male dominated forum where most of the few women are simperingly ingratiating.

Well, i posted my OP on Facebook. The comments i received there shows me clearly that i am not in the wrong here.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 26 Jan 2018, 22:46

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:Your first post:


in response to
mothra wrote:but a hearty 'fuck you' to the reat of you.


nothing to do with the OP


I didn;t realise you were so sensitive. I saw 14 reads on the topic and only one response. No validation. Nothing. I was pissed off.


mothra wrote:Oh? You'd tell an Aboriginal who poured their heart out about a matter that effects them deeply that you really should have at least a concilatory coment in validation about to have another goon while they wait for you to get back to them?


if they were to say 'fuck you' because I told them I'd get back to them on an issue when I had time, yes. I would [/quote]

You would actually say to an Aboriginal person who asked you to reflect on systemic abuse and racially based characterisation to have another goon? Because your feelings were hurt? You should question that in yourself.


mothra wrote:And now i see it's "turn off the computer and get some fresh air".


just some friendly advice because i care. Contrary to your claims it in no way invalidates anything you may have said earlier.

mothra wrote:I think the only ways in which you failed to invalidate me is by calling me "bitter" or unattractive to men in the first place.


now you're being hysterical again. And before you start again it has nothing to do with your sex, it has to do with the way you are reacting. If Aussie wrote what you wrote I'd tell him exactly the same thing[/quote]

There we go again. Hysterical. You do realise that women expressing themselves in ways that make men uncomfortabkle have been dismissed by every single thing you've levelled at me throughout (did i spell that right Nom? I mean Miranda") this thread? You know where the word hysterectomy has it's foundings, yes?

I'm not hormonal, hysterical, bitter, insecure or any other thing aside from righteously pissed off. I would appreciate it if you would consider why, instead of continually burying the knife deeper. I feel as though i have been rather patient in trying to make you understand.

Aussie wrote:Okay, you trash my comment made with sincere empathy and understanding. You want to make that some symbol of something sinister or whatever.



and she has done this to everyone throughout this thread.[/quote]

No John. There has been no empathy shown me anywhere in this thread. Perhaps you'd like to point out an example? I appear to have missed it.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 26 Jan 2018, 23:53

mothra wrote:I saw 14 reads on the topic and only one response. No validation. Nothing. I was pissed off.


at 8.30 in the morning? and you kept going on about it after you were told that we would get back to you with a reply. Perhaps it is you who needs to question yourself?

mothra wrote:
You would actually say to an Aboriginal person who asked you to reflect on systemic abuse and racially based characterisation to have another goon? Because your feelings were hurt? You should question that in yourself.



no need to question myself. I know I'm a pretty good bloke who typically tries to be neither racist nor sexist. But if someone wanted to play that card with me I would be more than happy to oblige them. They don't get to demand I, or anyone else, do things on their terms and then have a fit if I can't.

mothra wrote:You do realise that women expressing themselves in ways that make men uncomfortabkle have been dismissed by every single thing you've levelled at me throughout (did i spell that right Nom? I mean Miranda") this thread?


And do you realise that sometimes claiming someone is being hysterical is just an observation of their behaviour, and in no way reflective of their sex, sexual preference, race, dietary choices, hair colour, weight etc etc?

mothra wrote:I feel as though i have been rather patient in trying to make you understand.

no mothra, in this thread you have been the most impatient I have ever seen you in over 5 years on the forums. You've spent all thread making demands on people and then getting shitty because they haven't played to your tune.

mothra wrote:No John. There has been no empathy shown me anywhere in this thread. Perhaps you'd like to point out an example? I appear to have missed it.


you appear to have missed a few things with this thread mothra. Can i suggest that if it's empathy you seek, you don't attack the very people you are seeking it from.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Setanta » 28 Jan 2018, 02:13

You are all windmills...
Signed: Donna Juan
Setanta
puppy
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Dec 2017, 22:08
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby pinkeye » 28 Jan 2018, 02:44

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Have i made you feel bad, Aussie, by rejecting yuor assertion that you surmised all of my considered thought in one single sentence?

I thought it was you trying to make me feel bad. An attempt to make yourself superior.

I apologise if i hurt your feelings in effectively countering that.


Oh the dripping, reeking sarcasm and self applause!

You have seriously cut me to the quick with your level of cleverness.

:beer



Have i? You're a bit of a soft target then. I haven't actually tried very hard. I've contented myself with holding up mirrors.

All in self defence, of course.



Oh dear oh dear. I haven't looked at this topic before.
I make no apologies for that, but I am sorry I haven't been here to support you Mothra.
Umm I've read a few up and down from here and I am sad that there is this conflict from Aussie and JS about this. Mind you I am not surprised. :sad

I've tried to engage with the fellas on this topic earlier in the piece, Mothra. 'Dirt on Burke' for one. It really brings home how far apart we all seem to be in understanding the actual issues.

Aussie ,or JS was it? (does it matter/?) expressed empathy, they claim. :bgrin :bgrin :purple But as you say, went on to show how insular they are in their male view. Women have had to look at their males carefully over the centuries,to gauge their mood, their degree of drunkeness, and the relative threat thereby presented, lest they be beaten or otherwise punished. Um.. sadly this circumstances still exists today. Men (some men) think that it's their right. .

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:I'm out of my depth here, but I will say this. Mothra, not every woman/female has had the terrible experiences you have (well, I acknowledge what I know of another person) and that experience, and no surprise, has been part of shaping the views you have.

I reckon you need to factor that in. Not every smart arse male (me included) is an arsehole hell bent on denigrating you or dismissive of your views.

:beer



And there it is ... the "bitter" card .. deployed even after i mocked it's possible application

I'm only uppity because i'm what, damaged goods?

Clearly you are unaware of the millions of women who are taking to streets right now? My beliefs and opinions are not informed by what i have personally experoienced alone. How fucking patronising. What i have to say is based on everything i have observed, every girls or woman, be they a client of a friend sharing their experiences with me, by watching my own daughter become a woman and having to explain to her why some fuckwits thought it was okay to talk loudly to each other about her breasts, to name but one example.

And we get what when we speak out? COmments about our hormones and our "damage"

We can't actually have a point, could we? Nah, that would mean you have to fucking think about it.

And, while i'm fucking at it, if you are so fucking concerned with my "damage", then you are particularly insensitive.

A simple "this means something to me too" would have meant the world ... from any single one of you.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 28 Jan 2018, 09:27

pinkeye wrote:Umm I've read a few up and down from here and I am sad that there is this conflict from Aussie and JS about this. Mind you I am not surprised.


there is very little conflict about the actual topic, from me at least.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 29 Jan 2018, 07:27

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Have i made you feel bad, Aussie, by rejecting yuor assertion that you surmised all of my considered thought in one single sentence?

I thought it was you trying to make me feel bad. An attempt to make yourself superior.

I apologise if i hurt your feelings in effectively countering that.


Oh the dripping, reeking sarcasm and self applause!

You have seriously cut me to the quick with your level of cleverness.

:beer



Have i? You're a bit of a soft target then. I haven't actually tried very hard. I've contented myself with holding up mirrors.

All in self defence, of course.



Oh dear oh dear. I haven't looked at this topic before.
I make no apologies for that, but I am sorry I haven't been here to support you Mothra.
Umm I've read a few up and down from here and I am sad that there is this conflict from Aussie and JS about this. Mind you I am not surprised. :sad

I've tried to engage with the fellas on this topic earlier in the piece, Mothra. 'Dirt on Burke' for one. It really brings home how far apart we all seem to be in understanding the actual issues.

Aussie ,or JS was it? (does it matter/?) expressed empathy, they claim. :bgrin :bgrin :purple But as you say, went on to show how insular they are in their male view. Women have had to look at their males carefully over the centuries,to gauge their mood, their degree of drunkeness, and the relative threat thereby presented, lest they be beaten or otherwise punished. Um.. sadly this circumstances still exists today. Men (some men) think that it's their right. .

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:I'm out of my depth here, but I will say this. Mothra, not every woman/female has had the terrible experiences you have (well, I acknowledge what I know of another person) and that experience, and no surprise, has been part of shaping the views you have.

I reckon you need to factor that in. Not every smart arse male (me included) is an arsehole hell bent on denigrating you or dismissive of your views.

:beer



And there it is ... the "bitter" card .. deployed even after i mocked it's possible application

I'm only uppity because i'm what, damaged goods?

Clearly you are unaware of the millions of women who are taking to streets right now? My beliefs and opinions are not informed by what i have personally experoienced alone. How fucking patronising. What i have to say is based on everything i have observed, every girls or woman, be they a client of a friend sharing their experiences with me, by watching my own daughter become a woman and having to explain to her why some fuckwits thought it was okay to talk loudly to each other about her breasts, to name but one example.

And we get what when we speak out? COmments about our hormones and our "damage"

We can't actually have a point, could we? Nah, that would mean you have to fucking think about it.

And, while i'm fucking at it, if you are so fucking concerned with my "damage", then you are particularly insensitive.

A simple "this means something to me too" would have meant the world ... from any single one of you.



Pink, i said it on page one .... they don't understand. And i don't mean to invalidate these guys, i think they are good guys, but they just don't get it.

They've spent pages and pages diminishing me to hormonal, hysterical, damaged, and my personal favourite, that i'm "not doing the cause any favours" ... as though their tacit consent is bought through appeasement and upon some gratuity of theirs, as opposed to being substantial in it's right. I ask you? How can my bad behaviour make someone change thier mind? It seems their mind wasn't all the way made up, yes? No amount of Islamic terrorists or abusive Aboriginals lead me to question my ethics ... yet we women ... well, that's something else. We will get men on our side if we don't aggravate them. I could write a thesis on that ... but Miranda wouldn't approve of it.

And again i ask, where is the sensitivity to any of the factors they ascribe me anyway? The empathy? There is none. Not even a little bit. Yet i'm told i must have missed it. As with the assessment of my OP being too verbose and not actually saying anything, requests for examples of what is meant by these things have fallen flat.

They've absolutely no idea. And sadly, as much as they think think they do and as very much as they want to, they simply cannot relate. And, i say again, these are good guys. I'm sure, despite their consistent application of gender specific ad hominems, they honestly mean well.

I told them to fuck themselves. What have i copped in return? And they question my rationality?

I'm even told that referring to myself as too clever to be manipulated means i'm putting on airs! By the very person who tells me they could have said everything i've said much better in the first place!

It honestly beggars belief.

Yet, these men mean well. They are simply unaware of how they hurt us. But sadly, they do';t seem to want to understand.

No hard feelings on my part ... i get it. I see it all the time. I see a vast number of men that have pushed through it though. This encourages me tremendously.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 29 Jan 2018, 07:40

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Umm I've read a few up and down from here and I am sad that there is this conflict from Aussie and JS about this. Mind you I am not surprised.


there is very little conflict about the actual topic, from me at least.



Yet it wasn't my reply to your comments on topic that you've spent pages talking about, is it.

Let's try again ... the backlash ... i think women will undo this. The men with the wherewithal to fight it are dying out ... look at Ozpol. Old, hard done by men bemoaning their mothers.

They'll die soon.

You're of a new generation. You consider women equals. So do most of your peers ... well at least the generations beneath us.

But ... what of the women who play into toxic male fantasy? This is the mechanism by which 3rd wave feminism became challenged ... and disgruntled men (cue MRA) jumped on.

I think that will happen again ... despite the massive groundswell we are witnessing now.

Women will start being disbelieved. Some women will make fake claims for notoriety or other reasons. These women will get more publicity than those with legitimate stories.

And so it will go. I bet the farm on it.

Women will pick at the thread that undoes this.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jan 2018, 08:48

mothra wrote:
Yet it wasn't my reply to your comments on topic that you've spent pages talking about, is it.

Let's try again ... the backlash ... i think women will undo this. The men with the wherewithal to fight it are dying out ... look at Ozpol. Old, hard done by men bemoaning their mothers.

They'll die soon.

You're of a new generation. You consider women equals. So do most of your peers ... well at least the generations beneath us.

But ... what of the women who play into toxic male fantasy? This is the mechanism by which 3rd wave feminism became challenged ... and disgruntled men (cue MRA) jumped on.

I think that will happen again ... despite the massive groundswell we are witnessing now.

Women will start being disbelieved. Some women will make fake claims for notoriety or other reasons. These women will get more publicity than those with legitimate stories.

And so it will go. I bet the farm on it.

Women will pick at the thread that undoes this.



Sure there will be women who will try to further their own agendas by picking at it, just as there are others who try to use supporting this issue to further there agenda, even if they don't really believe what they are saying. However overall, i think they are in the minority and feminism will progress.

Given neither of us are fortune tellers, only time will tell.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jan 2018, 09:04

Yeah, I think so too. A few unpleasant “men” have suffered, losing their positions of power, influence and income. That is good.

Will some women attack the Me Too movement? Is the Pope Catholic? Is the Chief Rabbi Jewish?

You can win a war then have to fight it again 25 years later. Shooting wars. Other wars too, nothing is ever set in stone.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 45406
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 29 Jan 2018, 09:27

johnsmith wrote:
Sure there will be women who will try to further their own agendas by picking at it, just as there are others who try to use supporting this issue to further there agenda, even if they don't really believe what they are saying. However overall, i think they are in the minority and feminism will progress.

Given neither of us are fortune tellers, only time will tell.




Yeah, it's worse than that though. you've read about the French women, yeah? And that's just the overt "we like men liking us, you're just jealous" mob. How to win a man in one easy step.

And now we have Germaine ... again i say, treacherously.

And if you have a look at the already existent backlash against feminism ... usually touted by women with absolutely no idea what feminism is, they just reserve the right to shave their armpits and have men open doors for them. And they won't take your children away, they promise".

And then there's the men who lap all that up. Who are emboldened by it. Who play on the swinging pendulum and inequality that is the family courts and other such issues as though they are typical representations of male oppression.

All this trying to get it right business is pissing a whole bunch of people off. And they're latching onto causes to blame for it ... instead of looking at the real problem.

The backlash to '90s, riot girrrl feminism.

Seriously, women can't run fast enough from being called a feminist. Usually it's older women who are desperately trying to placate men ... but it's pretty pathetic, nonetheless. Younger women are pretty cool ... if my daughter and her peers and influences are anything to go by. And me and my friends and their daughters.


And feminism is mainstream now. I must keep reminding myself of that.

But i fear this outrage over sexual impropriety. I'm seriously worried. I see the example of he said/she said ... writ large by sexual assault cases to date ... playing out to the detriment of women and our daughters.

And men who are not overtly masculine.

And children.

And all the people feminism actually represents. To those who actually know what it means (not looking at you guys).
Last edited by mothra on 02 Feb 2018, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Miranda » 29 Jan 2018, 13:28

I support the 'Me Too' campaign, so long as it is without gender tags. Sexual advances without consent is a breach a person's right to autonomy. Such breaches, most often, result in various forms of suffering, which can deeply affect a person's psychology. A friend of mine was gang raped in the Navy, leaving him so scared as to be needing intermittent psychiatric hospitalization, and a lifetime of psychological counselling to manage his Multiple Personality Disorder.

With Rights come Duties. If we want for Autonomy, and I don't know who doesn't, then we must honour our social duty to protect our right and everyone else's. And here lies the conundrum: Too few are keeping an eye out, protecting the rights of others! For example, many of those on the 'Hey Dad' set knew that a young girl was being mistreated... Everone that knew had a duty to act... But nobody acted!

It is a very amoral society inwhich we live.
Miranda
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jan 2018, 13:35

Miranda wrote:It is a very amoral society inwhich we live.


the majority of animals kill or dominate others of their species for food or for survival of the species, only humans do do it for fun
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Miranda » 29 Jan 2018, 13:52

Our primate cousins, chimpanzees, are also known to do it for 'fun'.
Miranda
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jan 2018, 14:01

Miranda wrote:Our primate cousins, chimpanzees, are also known to do it for 'fun'.


maybe we're a closer relative than first thought
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 29 Jan 2018, 14:08

Miranda wrote:I support the 'Me Too' campaign, so long as it is without gender tags. Sexual advances without consent is a breach a person's right to autonomy. Such breaches, most often, result in various forms of suffering, which can deeply affect a person's psychology. A friend of mine was gang raped in the Navy, leaving him so scared as to be needing intermittent psychiatric hospitalization, and a lifetime of psychological counselling to manage his Multiple Personality Disorder.

With Rights come Duties. If we want for Autonomy, and I don't know who doesn't, then we must honour our social duty to protect our right and everyone else's. And here lies the conundrum: Too few are keeping an eye out, protecting the rights of others! For example, many of those on the 'Hey Dad' set knew that a young girl was being mistreated... Everone that knew had a duty to act... But nobody acted!

It is a very amoral society inwhich we live.



You know feminism isn't just about equal rights for women, yeah?

And of course the #me too campaign isn;t just about any gender at all. We've already seen evidence of that ... with Kevin Spacey, for a start. Corey Feldman too, beating the drum for his childhood and that of his already dead, abused best friend, Corey Haim.

Buggered if i know why people keep making it about gender.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 29 Jan 2018, 14:10

johnsmith wrote:
Miranda wrote:It is a very amoral society inwhich we live.


the majority of animals kill or dominate others of their species for food or for survival of the species, only humans do do it for fun



Well that's just not true at all. Many, many species get their ends away in interesting ways.

Ever seen what dolphins bite the heads of tuna for when certain moods take them?

The things you learns, eh?
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby Miranda » 29 Jan 2018, 14:37

I've had, to end the suffering of mice and small birds that would get in the way of my well fed cat who would torture her prey, but not kill it.
Miranda
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jan 2018, 15:47

I had to end me suffering malt losses by killing mice. Everyone else was too soft to do it.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 45406
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 02:22

#me too has evolveed:

]Time's Up is a movement against sexual harassment founded on January 1, 2018 by Hollywood celebrities[2] in response to the Weinstein effect and #MeToo.

In November 2017, the Alianza Nacional de Campesinas wrote a letter of solidarity to the Hollywood women involved in exposing the sexual abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein. The letter, published in Time, described experiences of assault and harassment among female farmworkers. The letter stated that it was written on behalf of the approximately 700,000 female farmworkers in the United States.[3]

Partly in response, Time's Up was announced in The New York Times on January 1, 2018. The announcement cited the letter of support from the Alianza Nacional de Campesinas and the desire to support women, men, people of color, and the LGBT community who have less access to media platforms and funds to speak up about harassment.[1] At its founding, the following initiatives were announced:

A $13-million legal defense fund, administered by the National Women's Law Center, to support lower-income women (sic [i]people
) seeking justice for sexual harassment and assault in the workplace

Advocating for legislation to punish companies that tolerate persistent harassment

A movement toward gender parity in studio and talent agencies

Calling for women on the red carpet at the 75th Golden Globe Awards to wear black and speak out about sexual harassment and assault


[/i]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time%27s_Up_(movement)
Last edited by mothra on 02 Feb 2018, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 02:23

https://www.timesupnow.com/

Sign your names, people.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Me Too Campaign

Postby mothra » 02 Feb 2018, 02:29

And, it is said, that women at the BAFTAs will be wearing black in solidarity.

The rebel in me wants to see someone in lurid green ... but i'm sincerely 100% behind this.

Lurid green maybe, with a "fuck sexual abuse" spray-painted across the back.

I'd like that.
mothra
Warthog
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron