The song remains the same ....

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The song remains the same ....

Postby Dax » 09 Feb 2020, 12:01

karlrand wrote:
Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:
Dax wrote:Boring, just like all cultural music, just repetitive meaningless crap :huh

Cultural music? Now that’s a new category to me. What’s included, what’s excluded? I’d be inclined to include the last movement of Beethoven’s 9th which to my ears always comes across as jingoistic propaganda. Would you also include your local Salvation Army Band in ‘cultural music’? I’d include all punk rock which to my ears is always the same, tired joke told over and over - repetitive, meaningless crap in other words.

Cultural music to me, is any music which is repetitive and represents some form of primitive understanding which includes religious music. Music is the language of the soul and the universe, it's the highest form of art there is. But when it becomes repetitive, it enters the realm of ideology.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
Religious music is a form of primitive understanding? That assumes the simplistic theology it’s often overlaid with is all that’s going on. I suggest you digest some of J S Bach’s organ works, works I can easily immerse myself in without ever thinking about The Father, Son and Holy Ghost or any part of sad-masochist Christian theology.

I see classical music as just another form of evolving creativity, right for the time it came along and has some wonderful moving music within it. However it is very boring and not conducive to the 20/21st century, just as most music today belongs in the cultural crap box. We are due for a new era in music, what they will be who knows, but today's music is synthetic repetitive rubbish. Take away all their computers and very few can play or sing properly, lots of vocals today are just talking to themselves.
Sorry, but may I suggest you don’t confuse limited sensitivity, familiarity and knowledge with what you claim to be boring classical music. In short you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Do you play a number of musical instruments, been in a band for over 40 years, traveled the world listening to and playing all kinds of music and instruments. If so you have the right to say someone doesn't know what they are talking about musically, otherwise, you're just another clone, beating the same drum over and over and over.

Classical music was fine for the 18-19th century, but has passed it's use by date and have listened to a lot of classical music. The music that comes close to being acceptable in my eyes, are people like Stravinsky and Wagner, who wrote out there music for the time, which still has some appeal today. But like most music, once you've heard it a couple of times, it becomes boring and repetitive,

Music is a universal language, used by everything in existence to express itself. One of the fundamental aspects of universal music, is change and that's what drives the universe, change and nothing else. Ideological humans tend to cling to music that catches their fancy, then go no further, preferring to repeat their music like their lives, over and over, just like a revolving door going round and round getting nowhere. That's fine by me, means we don't have to learn new stuff all the time even though we do.

Understanding music, it's relevance in the universe and how it effects people, is understanding a very important aspect of life and reality. Stick to your boring repetitive replays centuries old, you're welcome to it and unless you have a wide experience within the music industry and world, it's you who know nothing.
Dax
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 14:34

[quote=“Dax"]
Do you play a number of musical instruments, been in a band for over 40 years, traveled the world listening to and playing all kinds of music and instruments. If so you have the right to say someone doesn't know what they are talking about musically, otherwise, you're just another clone, beating the same drum over and over and over.

Classical music was fine for the 18-19th century, but has passed it's use by date and have listened to a lot of classical music. The music that comes close to being acceptable in my eyes, are people like Stravinsky and Wagner, who wrote out there music for the time, which still has some appeal today. But like most music, once you've heard it a couple of times, it becomes boring and repetitive,

Music is a universal language, used by everything in existence to express itself. One of the fundamental aspects of universal music, is change and that's what drives the universe, change and nothing else. Ideological humans tend to cling to music that catches their fancy, then go no further, preferring to repeat their music like their lives, over and over, just like a revolving door going round and round getting nowhere. That's fine by me, means we don't have to learn new stuff all the time even though we do.

Understanding music, it's relevance in the universe and how it effects people, is understanding a very important aspect of life and reality. Stick to your boring repetitive replays centuries old, you're welcome to it and unless you have a wide experience within the music industry and world, it's you who know nothing.[/quote]

In a band for over 40 years? Now we know why you’re not only thick as a brick but deaf.
Universal music drives the universe? Now we know you’ve had more than a few too many somethings over the decades.
Once like most music you’ve heard it a few times it becomes boring and repetitive? Speaking of your own lack of imagination and skill?
Honestly, any further discusion of music with a mind as limited and damaged as yours is pointless.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 15:54

Now another ‘boring, repetitive piece of music just for you Dax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagtomv ... =emb_title

And even more boring, repetitive music. - - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5HND4F6Fo
Last edited by karlrand on 09 Feb 2020, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 17:27

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Feb 2020, 17:55

As much as I like to hear familiar music... I love to be surprised, it all depends on my mood.
I've been a muso for most of my life and a avid listener and fan.
I think with most things in life when you refuse to enjoy new things and tear down old prejudices you miss out in so much joy and new experiences...
Repetition is what most of us love with music, your ear catches the same phrase yet subtilty different and sets your mind on fire.

My hardest music to like is fusion jazz, it's disjointed style is a hard thing for me to listen too.
Having said that if I got invited to a festival id go and probably learn to love it and its nuances .

I pretty well classify music as 2 types. Music you can dance too and music to listen too, sometimes if a artist is good enough you can get both.....

Sorry Dax but going off your writing style you love repetition, I don't see how the music in your soul would be much different or less regimented....
To paraphrase a Legend if it's got a backbeat you can't loose it... any old time you use it
Repetition rocks... literally :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 20:08

It’s strange how often I’ve gotten the wrong picture of a musicain from their music.
I thought of John Martin as a gentle soul, somewhat shy maybe and then I go and watch this documentary YOIKS ! Was I ever wrong.
Doesn’t make his music any less fabulous though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DVynJD4jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Blccc0PM0
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 20:19

Nick Drake was the subject of John Martyn’s ’SOLID AIR'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jCFeCtSjk
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 10 Feb 2020, 09:35

karlrand wrote:In a band for over 40 years? Now we know why you’re not only thick as a brick but deaf.
Universal music drives the universe? Now we know you’ve had more than a few too many somethings over the decades.
Once like most music you’ve heard it a few times it becomes boring and repetitive? Speaking of your own lack of imagination and skill?
Honestly, any further discusion of music with a mind as limited and damaged as yours is pointless.

Not prepared to answer my questions, which is the usual approach of those with no answers, just think they know, when stupidity id all they know. If you want to see thick as a brick, just look in the mirror and you'll see a perfect example, along with your lifestyle, which proves how deaf and thick as a brick you are.

Real musicians look after their health, so have no problems with their hearing, that's why they still create and play brilliant music after 40-50 years. Understanding music is not a hearing experience, but a feeling experience, which you can never understand unless you are part of the experience.

Trying to bluff your way out of not answering my questions, shows you have no answers, no understanding or real appreciation of music. No different to those who run down and don't understand contemporary/fusion jazz, you have to understand music to hear and appreciate it. Contemporary/fusion jazz, is spontaneous, comes from feeling and being part of the music, it has a basic formula and from there, it just happens.

Clones never really hear the music, they just follow the repetitive recording. They rarely realise true musicians never play their music the same way, they are constantly changing and evolving it. Even if their song is an hit, they still change how they play it every time, that's how they get the evolving feel to it. Otherwise it just becomes like a record, repeating over and over and muso's get bored with repetitiveness, so they change things as they feel them. But they never lose the sense of the song and the clones only hear what they want to hear, never the difference.

You really show how completely ignorant of music and the universe you are, music is the language of the soul and universe, but being a block head, you couldn't possibly understand that reality. The universe is filled with music we hear it all the time, planets all have their own musical signature, as do stars and expect black holes do as well. Even our own moon has signature musical sounds, so everything else that exists would be the same and they are recording it constantly. Here's just a couple of links which collaborate what I say, just because you're to dumb to think beyond your simple programming, doesn't mean others are so stupidly ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPNfKADA7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2fTDecEww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmWeZHsQzs
Dax
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 10:38

Can’t figure out why the recoded sound on this is wrong. Some upper treble percussion instruments are just not there and the entire right channel down in the overall balance. When Lisa Fischer unleashes her voice is muffled. Maybe the recording engineer, whoever posted the clip,Youtubes crappy MP3 compression or all three are at fault?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWGOZlJ9pk
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 10:54

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 11:41

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 13:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJhklT4ST9M
_________________________________________________________________________________________________.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATaFyIbd5hY
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 14:44

I suspect these boys have been given the autotune fix but somehow I don’t care this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmkyw702pC4
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 19:12

Somewhere in the evolution (decay?) of popular music the eye candy overpowered the so called music - - --- --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGRzz0oqgUE
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 19:26

56min:14 secs of something else…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ6bo9xx1cs
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 19:41

My Israeli friends claim this is a gay love song .
The words only hint at it though.

When you left, everything turned gray
May the morning come and pour some light
Over my city, me and my coat are freezing cold
And this routine is just so heavy
Who will hold me when I fall by myself
On my bed, me and my world are all yours

Come back, I'm so afraid
I love you and I hate you so
You always cause me pain
It's hard for me not to see you anymore
And honestly, I am not as strong
As I thought I would be when you
Come out from inside me, how it slowly burns me

It's so hard for me to have fun, you sully all my thoughts
In the middle of a lovely day, my heart is so thirsty for love
Everything is so simple and complex

I want to know what you do now
When you're no longer with me
Who took the place that has long not been mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRwXl_vuVB4
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Feb 2020, 20:01

I've posted up The Dead South video's here before, love them... "she might be my cousin, but she still needs lovin" has to be one of the all time best lyrics ever.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 20:27

DonDeeHippy wrote:I've posted up The Dead South video's here before, love them... "she might be my cousin, but she still needs lovin" has to be one of the all time best lyrics ever.... :purple

He can keep the cousin. The bloke second from the left with the big beard can park his boots under my bed any day.
Odd thing is my first experience with a female was with my cousin in a big tent we pitched under the hills hoist in the back yard - how romantic ! I must have done something wrong as she went on to become a dyke and me a dedicated fairy ( with a few lapses on the other side of the fence)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gQkg8PpGRA
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Feb 2020, 21:01

karlrand wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I've posted up The Dead South video's here before, love them... "she might be my cousin, but she still needs lovin" has to be one of the all time best lyrics ever.... :purple

He can keep the cousin. The bloke second from the left with the big beard can park his boots under my bed any day.
Odd thing is my first experience with a female was with my cousin in a big tent we pitched under the hills hoist in the back yard - how romantic ! I must have done something wrong as she went on to become a dyke and me a dedicated fairy ( with a few lapses on the other side of the fence)

The heart wants what the heart wants :roll
I'm amazed with the cello player, his style of playing is awsome...
I'm still waiting to meet or see a man who floats my boat, It could happen one day I'm always up for new possibilities .
Makes me think of that great song...
I spent my last ten dollars on birth control and beer
Like was so much simpler when I was sober and queer...... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 10 Feb 2020, 21:11

DonDeeHippy wrote:
karlrand wrote:

I'm still waiting to meet or see a man who floats my boat, It could happen one day I'm always up for new possibilities .
Life was so much simpler when I was sober and queer...... :purple

Mate, what makes you think us fairies don’t have to use frangas? (how do you spell that? Does anyone still call them fringes - er - frangers?)
I shall now crawl into the cot and dream I floated your boat..... ... . . .
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Feb 2020, 21:24

karlrand wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Life was so much simpler when I was sober and queer...... :purple

Mate, what makes you think us fairies don’t have to use frangas? (how do you spell that? Does anyone still call them fringes - er - frangers?)
I shall now crawl into the cot and dream I floated your boat..... ... . . .

I didn't write the song

franger. Noun. (plural frangers) (Australia, New Zealand, slang) A condom.

Your profile pictures have always been Nun's and that a HABIT I have yet to get into..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 11 Feb 2020, 06:31

Love it, especially the drunken last few bars.
I have an LP in my collection (yes - I still play the things) titled ‘Living With Lesbians’ by The Lesbian Power Authority. It’s unintentionally hysterical with one of the most scary covers ever.
If I find an image of it on the web I’ll post it.
Found it :-
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7v5glA8 ... WD64AJG19p[/youtube]
Musically innept but Lordy, Lordy, were these girls serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7v5glA ... WD64AJG19p
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 11 Feb 2020, 13:00

DonDeeHippy wrote:As much as I like to hear familiar music... I love to be surprised, it all depends on my mood.
I've been a muso for mo
I pretty well classify music as 2 types. Music you can dance too and music to listen too, sometimes if a artist is good enough you can get both.....

How about music to make love to? Music to meditate to? (not mutually exclusive if you’re into tantric yoga) Music to march to? Music to study to?
Music to learn keyboard, wind-instrument technique etc with? Music to play in the background at a dinner party? Music to scare the hell out of a congregation before mass?
Music to play loud as hell in your bedroom with a locked door to give mummy and daddy the shits? Music to introduce the evening news? Music to do the housework to?
Music to back science fiction movies?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0ItgAbRpU&list=RDK2NopIx3sTg&index=5[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0ItgA ... Tg&index=5
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 11 Feb 2020, 13:55

Sorry kiddies, I’m sick and tired of music clip links I post vanishing, appearing again, vanishing, appearing again, vanishing ad nausea.

Just not worth the effort. Anyway, there’s been too much of my stuff here of late and not enough from other posters.
Hope none of you encounter the insane vanishing links as I have.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7GnVHmTiI8
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 15 Feb 2020, 21:06

I saw this singer songwriter on The Graham Norton Show tonight.
Just had to put in here :rose
Btw.... I forgot how to put it up as YouTube. How do I do it please

https://youtu.be/53GIADHxVzM
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit