The song remains the same ....

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The song remains the same ....

Postby SethBullock » 04 Feb 2020, 15:38

pinkeye wrote:
karlrand wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
karlrand wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:OK, have created a global announcement re YouTubes. (locked because discussion can be here.)

I have to confess to being alergic to the 21st Century. When first exposed in middle age to a computer for the first time (Australia’s biggest Microsloppy network) I was reduced to tears within days.

We announce our weaknesses to the world. Oh well.

I am similarly unimpressed. I was in my late thirties.. when it all came on board. :roll

I refused to own a PC for years after retiring, until I was literally forced to, through family circumstances.

I seek a simpler world.

Too late.
The main protection we can pursue is to refuse to buy internet connected devices such as fridges, televisions, etc. So many of these are now listening to our conversations without the owners knowing this is happening or understanding the dangerous potential for such surveylance. The human race is insane and about to be replaced if we don’t soon recover something resembling sanity. I won’t even use Siri or any of the other voice recognition programmes infecting the digital world.

Oh yes... I agree.... me too.
No way can my fridge talk to my TV, my PC or any other fucking thing..

:roll Crazy stuff...

I have the smallest dumbest TV I could find.
Nothing but this desktop I am on connects me with anything.
My mobile..? well who the fuck knows.. another cheapie

This conversation reminded me of this ...

decepticons.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby karlrand » 05 Feb 2020, 11:39

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 05 Feb 2020, 16:58

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 05 Feb 2020, 17:10

One reason the Ukraine is Putin’s nightmare.. .. .. ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUheB5lnsA0
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 05 Feb 2020, 17:18

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 06 Feb 2020, 16:50

No idea what these silly tarts are trying to say but hell, over the top bubblegum pop sure is the way they do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhNedNUAa4
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 06 Feb 2020, 17:07

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 06 Feb 2020, 17:14

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby karlrand » 06 Feb 2020, 19:55

And she describes herself as ‘Just a Rock & Roll singer’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nROrzgAjpQY
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 06 Feb 2020, 19:59

She still sung that in Fleetwood Mac tones.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 06:04

Aussie wrote:She still sung that in Fleetwood Mac tones.

What’s a ‘Fleetwood Mac Tone’?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can anyone explain what the hell this is all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SRlZt ... pq&index=9
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 07:58

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 13:14

Forward to 1.00 à moins que les jeunes filles babillant en français ne vous excitent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35Dz-0DzNk
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 15:33

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 07 Feb 2020, 20:44

Aussie wrote:Mothra......he did it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mF4ds-g0LQ

So good. God i love him.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 07 Feb 2020, 20:49

karlrand wrote:________________________________________________________________________________________

Can anyone explain what the hell this is all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SRlZt ... pq&index=9

As soon as i saw 'featuring Drake', i aborted. Apologies. I can be of no further assistance.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 07 Feb 2020, 20:50

karlrand wrote:No idea what these silly tarts are trying to say but hell, over the top bubblegum pop sure is the way they do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhNedNUAa4

Serious crimes against autotune. That was painful.
mothra
Duck

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 21:28

mothra wrote:Serious crimes against autotune. That was painful.

Here’s another serious crime WITH autotune. The lip-sync amateurish beyond belief and 98% of production value thown at the visuals.
What the hell is going on with commercial pop today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6l5ezErGuw
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Feb 2020, 21:58

Not sure what is wrong, karl, I added the link to the youtube as a file link [url]. . .[/url] because some change to Windows10 meant some cannot see the [y.outube]. . .[/youtube] link. I do not use windows but am happy to see if someone found a workaround
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby karlrand » 08 Feb 2020, 04:49

HBS Guy wrote:Not sure what is wrong, karl, I added the link to the youtube as a file link [url]. . .[/url] because some change to Windows10 meant some cannot see the [y.outube]. . .[/youtube] link. I do not use windows but am happy to see if someone found a workaround

All my web junk is Mac, all running on the latest OS. (Windows drove me insane for longer than I care to remember. Never going back there.)
Virus protection is on a Sun Solaris box that feeds all my computers and Nortons sits on my desktop.
These are accessible to an old friend, a senior server tech with Telstra. He tells me he can’t see anything at my end that’s suspicious.
What’s odd is this problem is intermittent, this morning it’s not manifesting.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I’m not a fan of punk regarding it as a joke that should only have been told once. However, I’ve got to hand it to these blokes for going for Trump's jugular.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... fing_email
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby karlrand » 08 Feb 2020, 14:14

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 09 Feb 2020, 08:43

Boring, just like all cultural music, just repetitive meaningless crap :huh
Dax
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 09:05

Dax wrote:Boring, just like all cultural music, just repetitive meaningless crap :huh

Cultural music? Now that’s a new category to me. What’s included, what’s excluded? I’d be inclined to include the last movement of Beethoven’s 9th which to my ears always comes across as jingoistic propaganda. Would you also include your local Salvation Army Band in ‘cultural music’? I’d include all punk rock which to my ears is always the same, tired joke told over and over - repetitive, meaningless crap in other words.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 09 Feb 2020, 09:31

karlrand wrote:
Dax wrote:Boring, just like all cultural music, just repetitive meaningless crap :huh

Cultural music? Now that’s a new category to me. What’s included, what’s excluded? I’d be inclined to include the last movement of Beethoven’s 9th which to my ears always comes across as jingoistic propaganda. Would you also include your local Salvation Army Band in ‘cultural music’? I’d include all punk rock which to my ears is always the same, tired joke told over and over - repetitive, meaningless crap in other words.

Cultural music to me, is any music which is repetitive and represents some form of primitive understanding which includes religious music. Music is the language of the soul and the universe, it's the highest form of art there is. But when it becomes repetitive, it enters the realm of ideology.

I see classical music as just another form of evolving creativity, right for the time it came along and has some wonderful moving music within it. However it is very boring and not conducive to the 20/21st century, just as most music today belongs in the cultural crap box. We are due for a new era in music, what they will be who knows, but today's music is synthetic repetitive rubbish. Take away all their computers and very few can play or sing properly, lots of vocals today are just talking to themselves.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby karlrand » 09 Feb 2020, 10:16

Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Cultural music to me, is any music which is repetitive and represents some form of primitive understanding which includes religious music. Music is the language of the soul and the universe, it's the highest form of art there is. But when it becomes repetitive, it enters the realm of ideology.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
Religious music is a form of primitive understanding? That assumes the simplistic theology it’s often overlaid with is all that’s going on. I suggest you digest some of J S Bach’s organ works, works I can easily immerse myself in without ever thinking about The Father, Son and Holy Ghost or any part of sad-masochist Christian theology.

I see classical music as just another form of evolving creativity, right for the time it came along and has some wonderful moving music within it. However it is very boring and not conducive to the 20/21st century, just as most music today belongs in the cultural crap box. We are due for a new era in music, what they will be who knows, but today's music is synthetic repetitive rubbish. Take away all their computers and very few can play or sing properly, lots of vocals today are just talking to themselves.
Sorry, but may I suggest you don’t confuse limited sensitivity, familiarity and knowledge with what you claim to be boring classical music. In short you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit