The song remains the same ....

This board is moving to a new board running different, more capable software. Please go here:

http://www.polanimal.com.au/xenforo

You will need to be issued a temporary password on the new board. Please PM HBS Guy, Aussie or mothra for one.

The new board is well worth the little bit of pain involved.

This board will remain open for users who have not posted recently to find the new board

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier
spamone: Animal

Re: The song remains the same ....

Post by karlrand »

Aussie wrote:
karlrand wrote:What the hell is going on here? One minute video clips are visible, next minute not even the link can be found.
I can see them. So.....I dunno.
They’re back again ! I’ve had my IT expert mate ( senior server tech with Telstra who runs Macs himself at home) He can see nothing wrong at my end.
That leaves the possibility something strange is happening either at Youtube, my service provider or here.
Weird, weird, weird.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

karlrand wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
karlrand wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:OK, have created a global announcement re YouTubes. (locked because discussion can be here.)
I have to confess to being alergic to the 21st Century. When first exposed in middle age to a computer for the first time (Australia’s biggest Microsloppy network) I was reduced to tears within days.

We announce our weaknesses to the world. Oh well.

I am similarly unimpressed. I was in my late thirties.. when it all came on board. :roll

I refused to own a PC for years after retiring, until I was literally forced to, through family circumstances.

I seek a simpler world.
Too late.
The main protection we can pursue is to refuse to buy internet connected devices such as fridges, televisions, etc. So many of these are now listening to our conversations without the owners knowing this is happening or understanding the dangerous potential for such surveylance. The human race is insane and about to be replaced if we don’t soon recover something resembling sanity. I won’t even use Siri or any of the other voice recognition programmes infecting the digital world.

Oh yes... I agree.... me too.
No way can my fridge talk to my TV, my PC or any other fucking thing..

:roll Crazy stuff...

I have the smallest dumbest TV I could find.
Nothing but this desktop I am on connects me with anything.
My mobile..? well who the fuck knows.. another cheapie
sleeping is good for you

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

have to say I'd prefer Paco Pena or John Williams.
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Even Jose Feliciano.. now THAT man can play the guitar.!
sleeping is good for you

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

A fragile little old lady unleashes a universe - well that’s how I hear it.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

For those of you who’ve only ever heard a pipe organ accompany dismal tone deaf congregational singing this could be a shock.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

Wonder how these bods manage to grow their dope in that climate?
Given their semi nakedness I imagine they don’t even notice the cold.
Don’t recognise their clan. Anyone know which one that dreary tartan belongs to?
However, the one on the far left can park his boots under my bed.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

mothra
Duck

Post by mothra »

Apologies for not entering into conversation with you about any of your songs, Karl, but alas, i cannot see them.

If you include the youtube url aas a url as well as the youtube function, those of us who can't see youtubes can join in.

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKJ2FUiAQ

See, i can see the link but not the youtube i posted.

It's all Monk's fault. I'm well dirty on him about it.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

https://youtu.be/z2X2HaTvkl8

https://youtu.be/Ws1kv05C1XE

https://youtu.be/HFWKJ2FUiAQ

File links to Karl’s YouTubes on this page. (Had to split it into 3 posts to avoid the 403 error.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

mothra wrote:Apologies for not entering into conversation with you about any of your songs, Karl, but alas, i cannot see them.

If you include the youtube url aas a url as well as the youtube function, those of us who can't see youtubes can join in.

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKJ2FUiAQ

See, i can see the link but not the youtube i posted.

It's all Monk's fault. I'm well dirty on him about it.
Now here’s the werid thing. Sometimes I can’t see the video clips myself on any of my Macs. Other times I can. I’ve had a friend, a senior server tech with Telstra, look at my systems ( he has the privilage of remote access). He can’t see anything wrong with my browser and suggests the problem is either with the forum’s server, my internet service provider or with Youtube. It’s the unpredictablity of the whole thing that drives me nuts. I’m at the stage where It's more become more frustrating than it’s worth to even bother posting .

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Sometimes Karl doesn’t do the Youtube tags but I fix that up for him. I dunno, work my fingers to the bone and the members here are still dirty on me :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

HBS Guy wrote:Sometimes Karl doesn’t do the Youtube tags but I fix that up for him. I dunno, work my fingers to the bone and the members here are still dirty on me :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
Mate, how could we know the unpredictability was due to you sometimes fixing up the Youtube tags, sometimes not?
What I can’t understand is why the extra proceedure is required on this forum and not others.
I still don’t understand.
And no, I’m not dirty on you, just puzzled as to why this problem even exists and why we have to constantlly compensate for it.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

I dunno. I will get the phpBB3 software updated next month, then look for a better host and we can consider moving to the software that other forum uses.

it was mothra did the dirty on me :c

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

HBS Guy wrote:I dunno. I will get the phpBB3 software updated next month, then look for a better host and we can consider moving to the software that other forum uses.

Glad I’m not in your position. I’ve moderated two forums and set up one. Both were a nightmare to manage. All we ever got were complaints, never, ever any thanks for preventing posters unleashing W.O.L. (War On Line.)

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

I don’t think mothra was serious.

I have pretty much worked out the final planting plan for my Tassie block (tho now have to redo it given the untimely demise of my old laptop) so will get someone to do the update to the latest and greatest next month (need to rebuild some finances.)

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

karlrand wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I dunno. I will get the phpBB3 software updated next month, then look for a better host and we can consider moving to the software that other forum uses.

Glad I’m not in your position. I’ve moderated two forums and set up one. Both were a nightmare to manage. All we ever got were complaints, never, ever any thanks for preventing posters unleashing W.O.L. (War On Line.)
Did you get complaints from whingeing whining neurotic old poofs as well?

:bgrin

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

Aussie wrote:
karlrand wrote:

Did you get complaints from whingeing whining neurotic old poofs as well?

:bgrin
We got whinging complaints from all kinds of people although none I can recal (unless they were in the closet) were whingeing whining neurotic old poofs.