The song remains the same ....

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The song remains the same ....

Postby mothra » 04 Dec 2018, 21:55

Lols wrote:More music maestro please :bgrin
What's up. 4 Non Blondes

I reckon this is pretty much what's up:

mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby Lols » 05 Dec 2018, 11:17

Aha Mothra, that reminds me of this music vid....
~ Mad World ~

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 05 Dec 2018, 11:22

This great rendition of, and tribute to, George Harrison's My Sweet Lord.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 05 Dec 2018, 11:26

This is a bit of gospel/country 'n western, but it's such beautiful singing :smitten

Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 05 Dec 2018, 13:05

I'm not usually too crazy about re-do's of original songs when done by others, but "My Sweet Lord" was well done. Enjoyed the Isaac's too.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby Texan » 05 Dec 2018, 14:45

I didn't know her very well, but I went to high school with the drummer's step daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4lAGp2PHc
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Texan » 05 Dec 2018, 14:47

Lols wrote:This is a bit of gospel/country 'n western, but it's such beautiful singing :smitten

My wife will love this. I'll have to play it for her.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 05 Dec 2018, 21:43

Procal Harem, Gary Brooker's voice still has it! 2006 live in Denmark, he is age 61 here.
(He is still alive and kicking currently age 73.)

He starts to sing at about 1.30 minutes. I think it's awesome. It just whisks you away into another place.

Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby MercySeat » 06 Dec 2018, 01:49

A seasonal song by a most brilliant member of the Commonwealth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBilBQ1C54
I can haz copyright?
MercySeat
Chihuahua

Postby SethBullock » 06 Dec 2018, 09:13

MercySeat wrote:A seasonal song by a most brilliant member of the Commonwealth:

That was very nice!
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby SethBullock » 06 Dec 2018, 10:35

Lols wrote:Procal Harem, Gary Brooker's voice still has it! 2006 live in Denmark, he is age 61 here.

He starts to sing at about 1.30 minutes. I think it's awesome. It just whisks you away into another place.

That was very good! When you wrote "whisks you away into another place", it reminded me of the music that does that to me ...

SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 11:18

MercySeat wrote:A seasonal song by a most brilliant member of the Commonwealth:

Very soothing music, and reminds me, my old goanna needs tuning!
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 11:19

SethBullock wrote:
Lols wrote:Procal Harem, Gary Brooker's voice still has it! 2006 live in Denmark, he is age 61 here.

That was very good! When you wrote "whisks you away into another place", it reminded me of the music that does that to me ...

Yes Seth, like a good movie, that just takes you away, I have this other one, that will take us all to Italy next. Stay tuned :bgrin
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 12:06

I am absolutely in love with these two musicians, their uniqueness and then harmonize beautifully together, Ed went to Tuscany in Italy,
to Andrea Bocelli's home and music studio, where Ed learned Italian to the words to his song and then...they sang so beautifully together.

It's a bit close to my heart, Andrea reading music in braille, as my first encounter with music was in braille at the tender age of 9, my father's
first cousin came to visit us in Melbourne from Italy, he was a blind musician, and I recall how he set his music up on the stand, and would
feel with his fingers the braille music, and I would also, to understand it. He went to perform in a Melbourne TV show back then called IMT (In Melboune Tonight)
It was from there that I then went into playing music and by age 12was seemingly able to pick up any instrument in Allens World of Music back then in Melbourne, and play it!! It was amazing!
I went onto have music theory exams at London College School of Music, and my old fashioned certificate proudly hangs up above the old goanna.
Director of this school of music was Dr. W. S. Lloyd Webber. (Andrew Lloyd Webber's father).
Have a look at how Ed is fascinated with Andrea reading his music via braille, not every musician has a chance to witness that. I was a very young fortunate to do so back then.

Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 06 Dec 2018, 14:51

Nice!
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 19:38

Our Aussie female singer, Tina Arena, just one of her amazing songs.

Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Dec 2018, 20:37

Lols wrote:Our Aussie female singer, Tina Arena, just one of her amazing songs.

I used to watch her on Young Talent time when I was about 5 (she was a similar age ) and I used to swear I'd marry her one day.

Shattered dreams :sad :sad
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 20:51

johnsmith wrote:
Lols wrote:Our Aussie female singer, Tina Arena, just one of her amazing songs.

I used to watch her on Young Talent time when I was about 5 (she was a similar age ) and I used to swear I'd marry her one day.

Shattered dreams :sad :sad

At least you can admire her anytime on TV or on youtube etc. She is an amazing talent. Did you see her on the show "Who do you think you are" about searching for ancestors and their lives, it was quite an experience for her, not overly a good one when she found out about the hardship her grandfather went through, and she was young, all she remembered was how stern he was. But now, she cried, and understood, and wishes she could hug him.
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Dec 2018, 20:59

no, I missed it
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Lols » 06 Dec 2018, 21:14

johnsmith wrote:no, I missed it

That show is amazing, gives a true insight into the person whose ancestors they are researching.

If you want, when ready, anything is veiwable again, I found this link if you want to join for free to view it.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/737114691871/who-do-you-think-you-are-tina-arena
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Dec 2018, 21:17

Lols wrote:
johnsmith wrote:no, I missed it

That show is amazing, gives a true insight into the person whose ancestors they are researching.

If you want, when ready, anything is veiwable again, I found this link if you want to join for free to view it.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/737114691871/who-do-you-think-you-are-tina-arena

:thumb
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 07 Dec 2018, 14:09

SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby SethBullock » 07 Dec 2018, 14:45

This song reminds me of my son and his wife.

SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2018, 14:52

Nice.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Lols » 07 Dec 2018, 19:20

Both so excellent in their own ways! The first one with the 2 guitars and banjo, what an amazing sound, awesome!
The second one, really hits home, the lyrics, I went a bit teary. How long is your son deployed for Seth?
Lols
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit