Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 14:03

mothra wrote:How can you honestly believe i didn't answer?

Do you understand anything that i've said? I'm genuinely curious.

Not only have i provided answers, i've demolished the need to ask your questions.

What is it you're struggling with?

You have done everything except tell me what she anticipated when she went topless into a crowd full of randy bucks. But....now I am well and truly in the shit as I am seemingly in the same company as Tostee!!

https://screenshots.firefoxusercontent. ... a84302.png
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:09

Nope. I answered that. I said she probably thought that she was beautiful and desirable.

Do you disagree?

What is it fair for her to anticipate from that? That she may get attention? Yes indeedy. I have no question that that was her objective.

What's your point?

(honestly can't believe i'm having to ask this)
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 14:14

mothra wrote:Nope. I answered that. I said she probably thought that she was beautiful and desirable.

Do you disagree?

What is it fair for her to anticipate from that? That she may get attention? Yes indeedy. I have no question that that was her objective.

What's your point?

Then she (and no-one) ought not be totally surprised she got that sort of attention.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby greggerypeccary » 03 Jan 2018, 14:16

You're backing a loser here, Aussie.

100% of the blame is on the creepy drunk dude.

No matter what she was thinking, or what her reasons were, there is no excuse for a guy grabbing her tits.

None at all.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:17

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:Nope. I answered that. I said she probably thought that she was beautiful and desirable.

Do you disagree?

What's your point?

Then she (and no-one) ought not be totally surprised she got that sort of attention.

Que? You've not understood a word i've said, have you.

Have i been unclear? Can someone tell me if i've been unclear?
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:19

Aussie, i sometimes swim topless. I like the feeling of sun and water on my skin. It's delicious.

Should i anticipate having my boobs grabbed by some guy?

Do i have any recourse if some guy were to grab my boobs?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 14:20

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I'd still make it mandatory.

What? Even when it's cold?

especially then .... that turns the high beams on :rofl :rofl :rofl

.... boys :roll

will be boys :rose
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:22

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

... and get sore wrists and fines for indecent assault. While the men get the women.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 14:23

mothra wrote:Aussie, i sometimes swim topless.

:hot
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 14:24

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

... and get sore wrists and fines for indecent assault. While the men get the women.

you don't really believe that male chauvinists don't get the women, do you? :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 14:27

mothra wrote:Aussie, i sometimes swim topless. I like the feeling of sun and water on my skin. It's delicious.

Fine by me.

Should i anticipate having my boobs grabbed by some guy?

You should expect attention at least of the purving kind as indicated by Mr Peccarry.

Do i have any recourse if some guy were to grab my boobs?

Of course. You have been indecently assaulted.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:28

johnsmith wrote:

you don't really believe that male chauvinists don't get the women, do you? :grn[/quote]

They only get the kinds of women they deserve. And they'll toss her out when she hits 35.

.. or she'll grow up and leave him.

Not the path to happiness.

But even if you're just in for a casual root, you're not going to pick up by going up to a woman and grabbing her breast .. or saying "nice tits". Most chauvinists know they have to play it cooler than that. And only the very young, inexperienced and stupid fall for it.

Fortunately for the chauvinist ... that is precisely the kind of woman they are after.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:31

[quote="Aussie"

You should expect attention at least of the purving kind as indicated by Mr Peccarry.

[/quote]

Yes. Indeed. I used to live in a share house on the beach. All of us swam topless. At night we would swim naked. This was a city beach.

I remember once the council truck pulled up and all of these revolting men poured out and just stood and watched us.

We all thought they were pathetic.

That's how we think of you ... just so you know.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 14:34

mothra wrote:They only get the kinds of women they deserve. And they'll toss her out when she hits 35.

wishful thinking mothra ... i know many chauvinists who are happily married and have been for a long time (not me of course, I just enjoy yanking your chain)

Strangely enough often it's the wife who encourages his chauvinism
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 14:46

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:They only get the kinds of women they deserve. And they'll toss her out when she hits 35.

wishful thinking mothra ... i know many chauvinists who are happily married and have been for a long time (not me of course, I just enjoy yanking your chain)

Strangely enough often it's the wife who encourages his chauvinism

Ah yes. There are indeed women like that. And men like that.

Do you really think that's happiness though?

How would a man like that be happily married to a woman who ages? Is he stimulated by her mind, all of a sudden?

I expect he keeps her around because she is familiar and he has a certain fondness for her .. and at the end of the day it's a hole in the dark, right? But it's not mutual respect, love, desire and integration is it. I mean, she can't be happy at least .. and many women aren't and are well conditioned to internalise it rather than request appreciation from even themselves let alone their partners.

Many people also are content with appearances and convention. Again, not happiness. Not as you and i know it to mean. When you have a real and abiding connection with another human with it's foundations in love and respect.

I could write a thesis on why some women allow themselves to be "property' .. or a c'commodity'. There are many interesting and deeply rooted influences.

As i could write a thesis on why some men think they have the god given right to make any kind of impact at all on a woman that isn't positive because of the way she looks. Many, many reasons.

But as you and both know, humans are idiots and must be told by law and societal convention how to behave. it is no longer okay to leer, poke, prod, grab, cat-call, or make take any action that makes another person feel sexually intimidated ... even if they want you to.

Just. Not. Okay.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 15:50

mothra wrote:Do you really think that's happiness though?

yes ....or at least no more or less than most other people in long term relationships.

mothra wrote:Is he stimulated by her mind, all of a sudden?

no more or less than anyone else. Do you think your husband doesn't look at younger women? That doesn't mean he wants to trade you in.

mothra wrote:But it's not mutual respect, love, desire and integration is it. I mean, she can't be happy at least .

not sure I agree with that. If he thinks women are to be ogled and lusted over, an object to cook, clean and bed and his wife agrees, what has s/he to be upset about? why wouldn't they be happy? They're both living up to their expectations

I think you're judging people by the standards you set in your marriage, and your own personal opnions, rather than accept that they set different standards on what they want from a marriage and how their spouse is supposed to act. I would apply the old adage of 'Ignorance is bliss' and ask if a woman or man is ignorant enough to encourage and accept chauvinism, why wouldn't they be happy with a like minded person?
Last edited by johnsmith on 03 Jan 2018, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 16:31

What's looking at anyone got to do with it? What's being attracted to people got to do with it?

We'rre talking about guys thinking they can pull by saying "nice tits". I'm telling you , it doesn't work. At least not with any woman worth it.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 17:47

mothra wrote:What's looking at anyone got to do with it? What's being attracted to people got to do with it?

We'rre talking about guys thinking they can pull by saying "nice tits". I'm telling you , it doesn't work. At least not with any woman worth it.

when guys say that to a woman (and regardless of what guys say to each other when boasting, I doubt it happens very often) they certainly aren't thinking about marrying her
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 18:29

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:What's looking at anyone got to do with it? What's being attracted to people got to do with it?

when guys say that to a woman (and regardless of what guys say to each other when boasting, I doubt it happens very often) they certainly aren't thinking about marrying her

Yes, and they are unlikely to be doing anything other than exerting power over her by relegating her aggresively to the sum total of parts of her that they are interested in.

Have you ever really thought about how we feel when that is said to us? We keep being told about what you lot are thinking ... Aussie is asking us nicely to consider the fragile male psyche in this very thread a woman's subsequent responsibilities.

But have you ever listened to a woman tell you how it actually feels? How it felt the first time she heard it? How men leering at her actually makes her feel? To be so brazenly discussed to have that done to you. It's all about the doing to you. Predatory. Do you know how it feels to be predated upon in this world with all that happens in it by people bigger and stronger than you?

Most men have never considered sex from a woman's persective. The better lovers i've had have.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 18:35

Most men have never considered sex from a woman's persective.

I guess I am not among your 'most men' mob. It pisses me off mightily if the Lady is not enjoying it at least as much as I am, and .... preferably, better.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 18:43

Aussie wrote:
Most men have never considered sex from a woman's persective.

I guess I am not among your 'most men' mob. It pisses me off mightily if the Lady is not enjoying it at least as much as I am, and .... preferably, better.

No, no. it's not about getting us off. Any idiot can do that and sex is certainly much nicer if everyone is enjoying themselves .. but i mean have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body.

A person that is bigger and stronger than you. Who could probably overpower you easily.

And following that thought, have you ever considred that may have something to do with homophobia and the association of gay men with being effeminate and weak?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 18:46

mothra wrote:Have you ever really thought about how we feel when that is said to us?

No, not really. Although I have been told by some women that they don't like it, and others that they do. Not long ago a neighbour was complaining that no one comments (or pinches her) on her arse like they used to when she was younger and pre children.

Nevertheless, you'll be pleased to hear that I've never yelled anything out at women Mothra, apart from 'get my dinner NOW'. :rose :rose
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 18:50

but i mean have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body.

No. Have you ever thought about putting a part of you into a part of someone else?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 18:55

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:Have you ever really thought about how we feel when that is said to us?

No, not really. Although I have been told by some women that they don't like it, and others that they do. Not long ago a neighbour was complaining that no one comments (or pinches her) on her arse like they used to when she was younger and pre children.

Alright, so some women "like it". Agreed. Would you concede thatof those women, not all would like it all the time ... or that their reasons for liking it may possibly not be healthy, rather a symptom of rape culture in itself to which they are also victim?

Suffice it to say, some women don't like it. We particularly don;t like it when we're with our children.

I imagine also that women with traumatic pasts could be made to feel very intimidated by it. As could young girls. Or unsophisticated girls.

So, so very many reasons not to do it. Some women liking it (sometimes?) for invariably dodgy reasons doesn't even register on the scales.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 18:55

Aussie wrote:
but i mean have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body.

No. Have you ever thought about putting a part of you into a part of someone else?

I most certainly have. And have done so on numerous occasions.
mothra
Duck

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit