Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 23:22

pinkeye wrote:NO SUCH THING WAS SUGGESTED

sure it was, by Mothra. You agreed

you really shouldn't call others stupid when you yourself are to stupid to follow a conversation
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jan 2018, 01:00

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:NO SUCH THING WAS SUGGESTED

sure it was, by Mothra. You agreed

you really shouldn't call others stupid when you yourself are to stupid to follow a conversation

Oh my goodness me.

This is proof that it isn't realistic to expect men to understand English. :roll You are deliberately stuffing up this thread. NO WHERE was anything LIKE THAT said.

No where. Like yourself. So show me where this was said. Eh? Show me you can comprehend the english language..
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jan 2018, 01:37

See.....sigh! ... men hear a woman speaking, and seemingly automatically seek to find that OTHER meaning. And THAT is what they hear, or INTERPRET.

Like... its ENGLISH!! fuckwits. Do NOT substitute your own words. I can't tell you how many times a perfectly straightforward sentence, spoken in plain ENGLISH, becomes something else in a man's mind. I don't understand why.
It just happens. TRY listening to the words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Miranda » 05 Jan 2018, 14:08

Miranda
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jan 2018, 14:14

Miranda wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyIhapMdI8

:giggle

I think this one explains it better

https://youtu.be/AQ9L9YBJkk8?t=5
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jan 2018, 22:56

thanks for the funnies.

:bgrin

Language is slippery.

I think it is neither as simple, nor as complicated as suggested by the clips. IT IS TRUE that men and women understand language from their own view of life, but this applies to every single human being, whatever their gender or background.

It really is down to one-on-one communication, in relationships. In society one finds ones own level,

But in public? Men should be able to control themselves.

If you agree with Aussie, then you would likely want to be a Moslem. These are men whp intrinsically acknowledge their fear and lust for women by declaring they are unable to control themselves when they see women with a bit of skin showing eg.

Now

do you really align with that philosophy, in your hearts.??

I suspect you do. I suspect if you lived in a Muslim world, say The Saudi Kingdom, you'd be perfectly happy with the status quo, as it stands.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 06 Jan 2018, 15:12

pinkeye wrote:thanks for the funnies.

Language is slippery.

I think it is neither as simple, nor as complicated as suggested by the clips. IT IS TRUE that men and women understand language from their own view of life, but this applies to every single human being, whatever their gender or background.

It really is down to one-on-one communication, in relationships. In society one finds ones own level,

I was left with the same impression after Johm's clip. What was being described were mainstream gender expectations. It's a little out-dated. I think it speaks to an older generation than the one i am in at least .. the women and men i know and came up with don't think in those binary terms ... necessarily. Or at least strive to or naturally accommodate elements of the other within themselves.

There is also a gender defining component of the super-ego that leads men to not identify with their emotions ... and women to keep their finger on the pulse of absolutely everything. It's all a bit hard-wred ... but it's been slowly changing over teh decasdes.

I would argue thought that the backlash is strong.

But i became an adult in the '90s. Men hugged each other and cried and women were already building their own boxes.

Of my children, the main differences i see in gender are not represented by emotions versus logic.. and both draw equal parallels. And i've raised two kids who have had absolutely no gender roles placed on them at all.

If raised with the same expectations, demands, encouragements and validation ... we're not really so different.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jan 2018, 17:34

pinkeye wrote:I suspect you do.

I suspect you're nuts
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 06 Jan 2018, 22:06

I just ask you to consider some of those ingrained attitudes you display.

Modern Christianity may gloss over it's degradation of women, in this day and age we know the priests were liars. Just as the Muslim clerics are liars.

No society (name one) has NOT treated women as slaves and property.? Can you name one?

I'd just like to say WE ARE SICK OF IT.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jan 2018, 22:12

pinkeye wrote:I just ask you to consider some of those ingrained attitudes you display.

such as?
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jan 2018, 22:13

pinkeye wrote:No society (name one) has NOT treated women as slaves and property.? Can you name one?

modern day Australian society
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 09 Jan 2018, 00:03

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I just ask you to consider some of those ingrained attitudes you display.

such as?

so as a woman, if a guy yells out to you 'nice tits' or 'hey sexy', you feel like you're being raped?

you must be kidding?[/quote]

THIS is the attitude and ingrained bias I refer to. NOTHING LIKE THAT WAS SAID.. but your precious male defensiveness rose to the ocassion. As it always does, whether there is any cause or not.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby thebattler » 09 Jan 2018, 00:09

We all have to live together on this big blue ball find some common ground friends
thebattler
Kitten

Postby pinkeye » 09 Jan 2018, 01:52

thebattler wrote:We all have to live together on this big blue ball find some common ground friends

Hello Battler.
You're welcome, and your comment is fair.

We do indeed all need to live together. On a basis of fairness and humanitarianism. If we cannot does this we remain a species at war with itself.

It really all comes down to respect. Respect for our fellow humans. Without this we are nothing but warring clans.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 09 Jan 2018, 12:08

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

such as?

so as a woman, if a guy yells out to you 'nice tits' or 'hey sexy', you feel like you're being raped?

you must be kidding?

THIS is the attitude and ingrained bias I refer to. NOTHING LIKE THAT WAS SAID.. but your precious male defensiveness rose to the ocassion. As it always does, whether there is any cause or not.[/quote]

you'll find that most people, man and women, don't call 'heckling' (for want of a better word) rape. Just as I don't accuse someone of theft if they look at me, murder if they drive past me, or abuse if they don't know me.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 09 Jan 2018, 23:39

Heckling?

Forget it.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jan 2018, 00:07

pinkeye wrote:Heckling?

Forget it.

yeah, lets call it rape instead :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jan 2018, 01:33

johnsmith wrote:

Forget it.

you know something? I have limited tolerance for fools. YOU my friend are a fool and a senseless provocateur who reflects the truth of so many Australian males. :sad

Ask yourself, all of you reactionary males, in a quiet moment, how you felt when you heard about all this offensive behaviour by men in places of power. Like Craig McLachlan, most recently, for example.

Were you outraged at their behaviour, or were you outraged that they are being outed about it?? Hmmm? Like the incident with the young woman in glitter? Do you feel any male there was entitled to fondle her.? Hmm?

Are you angry that these matters... Weinstein, Spacey, Burke, McLachlan are in the news.? Do you feel assaulted and offended? Do you feel wronged.?
Seriously, HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL? As a MAN.?

Take a quiet moment and look at yourselves, if the answer is YES.

And John Smith? you said your grimy piece and I have heard more than enough. I gave you more credit for human decency and integrity.

You know something?? 99% of times I have given men the benefit of the doubt, I have been disappointed.

Saddest of all... you raise your sons to be just like you.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 10 Jan 2018, 09:29

'Outraged.' No, that I'd think they were sleazy grubby arseholes if they did in fact do that shit, yes. Questioning of why the women did not immediately react with a 'fuck off' ~ yes.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jan 2018, 11:15

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Forget it.

you know something? I have limited tolerance for fools. YOU my friend are a fool and a senseless provocateur who reflects the truth of so many Australian males. :sad

Ask yourself, all of you reactionary males, in a quiet moment, how you felt when you heard about all this offensive behaviour by men in places of power. Like Craig McLachlan, most recently, for example.

Were you outraged at their behaviour, or were you outraged that they are being outed about it?? Hmmm? Like the incident with the young woman in glitter? Do you feel any male there was entitled to fondle her.? Hmm?

Are you angry that these matters... Weinstein, Spacey, Burke, McLachlan are in the news.? Do you feel assaulted and offended? Do you feel wronged.?
Seriously, HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL? As a MAN.?

Take a quiet moment and look at yourselves, if the answer is YES.

And John Smith? you said your grimy piece and I have heard more than enough. I gave you more credit for human decency and integrity.

You know something?? 99% of times I have given men the benefit of the doubt, I have been disappointed.

Saddest of all... you raise your sons to be just like you.

Are you on drugs?

The saddest thing is that drug addled man haters like you raise your daughters to be just like you.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 10 Jan 2018, 16:10

I knew it! I should be living in France.

Link.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jan 2018, 21:52

Aussie wrote:I knew it! I should be living in France.

Link.

Sure... if older people get you going. ! Puhlease.! :roll

Some of the comments on the link were worth reading.

We're not talking about heckling, but I definitely think 'pestering' is not something to be encouraged. The fact the Deneuve and co feel this way just shows they never experiencedanything like what the complainants report about , say, Craig McLachlan. Pestering is essentially stalking behaviour. How this old woman feels able to make such comments? Guess you can't knock freedom of speech.. BUT She was a Goddess, and no doubt treated as such.
We are talking about the recent past, and the present. Pestering is NOT acceptable Catherine.

McLachlan's instant response ?? - to deny, and blame and label the three women and one man, who have now come forward about the 2014 season of the Rocky Horror Show, as basically opportunists liars and gold-diggers..!! It is the classic response of the entitled male. The response of the guilty.
Boy he loved that role.
PUKE PUKE PUKE.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jan 2018, 22:02

Aussie wrote:'Outraged.' No, that I'd think they were sleazy grubby arseholes if they did in fact do that shit, yes. Questioning of why the women did not immediately react with a 'fuck off' ~ yes.

well I understand why you'd need to ask that.

It's incomprehensible to you, because you have never been in that situation, and never will be. Lucky you.

If you have listened to the interviews you will KNOW that many of the people involved, in many of the cases brought to light so far, DID report to senior management.
And were dismissed.
Happened all the time.
So?.... Go to the police with an allegation which is already denied by the employers..?? You know how it works Aussie.

Fuck off their jobs ... ??? you think that is what they should have done..? You are being unrealistic don't you think Aussie.?

Ah.. but no... asking Aussie to consider the other point of view is unreasonable of me.

I think it is time our society came of age. The age of Equality.. in all senses of the word. The presumed paradigm so fondly held by so many Aussie men, and some women, of male supremacy, is way way way past it's use-by-date.

All this social strife will hopefully result in a better Australia.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jan 2018, 22:07

Aussie wrote:'Outraged.' No, that I'd think they were sleazy grubby arseholes if they did in fact do that shit, yes. Questioning of why the women did not immediately react with a 'fuck off' ~ yes.

I did ask for your immediate reaction....no other males have replied so thanks . So in response your Immediate reaction is.. you question the truth of it.
Why can you not express how you felt? They were grubs, IF guilty.? You don't see any wider issue here.?

You DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT DO YOU.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 10 Jan 2018, 22:12

pinkeye wrote:Why can you not express how you felt?

you didn't ask ...

and then when you finally did ask, you had already drawn your conclusions so there was really no point in answering.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit