Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Whaaat? Where is the 'blame' here?

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:00

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
but i mean have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body.

No. Have you ever thought about putting a part of you into a part of someone else?

I most certainly have. And have done so on numerous occasions.

Have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:01

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
but i mean have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body.

No. Have you ever thought about putting a part of you into a part of someone else?

I most certainly have. And have done so on numerous occasions.

Have you thought about what it is like to be entered? To have another person inside your body?

Que? You know i've had 2 children, yeah?
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jan 2018, 19:03

:rofl
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:04

You seem not to be getting my point. No....that is not a pun or metaphor.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:06

Aussie wrote:You seem not to be getting my point. No....that is not a pun or metaphor.

Want to try it on me a different way?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 19:10

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:You seem not to be getting my point. No....that is not a pun or metaphor.

I bet you say that to all the guys :rofl :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:11

mothra wrote:

Sure....you reckon there is some relevance in who enters who, right?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 19:12

mothra wrote: Would you concede thatof those women, not all would like it all the time ... or that their reasons for liking it may possibly not be healthy, rather a symptom of rape culture in itself to which they are also victim?

all the time? no idea, no one's ever yelled compliments out to me so I can't answer that.
I don't think it has anything to do with 'rape culture' ... i think it has more to do with her low self esteem.

mothra wrote:We particularly don;t like it when we're with our children.

anyone who yells anything out with kids present deserves a punch in the head.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:15

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

You're not thinking about what i say Aussie, you're disecting it.

I'm telling you that until you can appreciate what sex is like from a woman's perspective, you cannot fully understand what a tremendous violation rape is. That any sexual assault is.

I would extend that to men ... but they tend to have better odds defending themselves.

And until you can understand how a woman conceptualises being made to feel like prey .. you will not understand anything else i'm trying to say to you.

I'm asking you to think Aussie. You're certainly bright enough.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:16

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote: Would you concede thatof those women, not all would like it all the time ... or that their reasons for liking it may possibly not be healthy, rather a symptom of rape culture in itself to which they are also victim?

all the time? no idea, no one's ever yelled compliments out to me so I can't answer that.
I don't think it has anything to do with 'rape culture' ... i think it has more to do with her low self esteem.

Low self esteem brought on by .... ?
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 19:18

mothra wrote:Low self esteem brought on by .... ?

.... she'd been single for a while the guy she was chasing rejected her , she was feeling down.

I saw it as my duty as a good neighbour to pinch her on the arse. She was much happier after that.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:18

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:We particularly don;t like it when we're with our children.

anyone who yells anything out with kids present deserves a punch in the head.

Yet some men feel as though they have a right to do just that.

Aussie is making a bit of an argument for them.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:23

I'm telling you that until you can appreciate what sex is like from a woman's perspective, you cannot fully understand what a tremendous violation rape is. That any sexual assault is.

Why do you expect a man to see anything from a woman's perspective in a sexual sense? Jayzuz, blokes have enough of their own hang ups to deal.

I am not trivialising what I know (from what you have posted at OzPPol) as your own experience, but, you cannot argue that is typical of all women, or typical of all men.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:26

Aussie wrote:

Why do you expect a man to see anything from a woman's perspective in a sexual sense? Jayzuz, blokes have enough of their own hang ups to deal.

I am not trivialising what I know (from what you have posted at OzPPol) as your own experience, but, you cannot argue that is typical of all women, or typical of all men.

What is typical? That 13 year old girls tend to get pretty fucking freaked out when men start leering at them?

I'm not talking from my own perspective .. i'm telling you what women think and say. My family, my friends, my daughter.

We voted. We don't like being predated upon. Tell your side.
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:32

'Predated.' You mean raped I guess and I don't need to tell 'my side' anything about how abhorrent that is.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mothra » 03 Jan 2018, 19:44

Aussie wrote:'Predated.' You mean raped I guess and I don't need to tell 'my side' anything about how abhorrent that is.

Nope. I mean summed up as prey. Like we are any time some guy says "nice tits" or "wanna fuck?" .. or "id tap that".

Have you ever, i am asking you, thought about what that really means to us? All of it? From whoah to go?
mothra
Duck

Postby Aussie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:48

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:'Predated.' You mean raped I guess and I don't need to tell 'my side' anything about how abhorrent that is.

Nope. I mean summed up as prey. Like we are any time some guy says "nice tits" or "wanna fuck?" .. or "id tap that".

Have you ever, i am asking you, thought about what that really means to us? All of it? From whoah to go?

No....but I can guarantee that if a female said to me....'nice arse,' 'nice face,' nice body,' 'wanna fuck, or 'I'd tap you,' I would have at least half a chubby instantly.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 20:43

mothra wrote: I mean summed up as prey.

it's not prey so much as a conquest.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2018, 21:57

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:They only get the kinds of women they deserve. And they'll toss her out when she hits 35.

wishful thinking mothra ... i know many chauvinists who are happily married and have been for a long time (not me of course, I just enjoy yanking your chain)

Strangely enough often it's the wife who encourages his chauvinism

Ah yes. There are indeed women like that. And men like that.

Do you really think that's happiness though?

How would a man like that be happily married to a woman who ages? Is he stimulated by her mind, all of a sudden?

I expect he keeps her around because she is familiar and he has a certain fondness for her .. and at the end of the day it's a hole in the dark, right? But it's not mutual respect, love, desire and integration is it. I mean, she can't be happy at least .. and many women aren't and are well conditioned to internalise it rather than request appreciation from even themselves let alone their partners.

Many people also are content with appearances and convention. Again, not happiness. Not as you and i know it to mean. When you have a real and abiding connection with another human with it's foundations in love and respect.

I could write a thesis on why some women allow themselves to be "property' .. or a c'commodity'. There are many interesting and deeply rooted influences.

As i could write a thesis on why some men think they have the god given right to make any kind of impact at all on a woman that isn't positive because of the way she looks. Many, many reasons.

But as you and both know, humans are idiots and must be told by law and societal convention how to behave. it is no longer okay to leer, poke, prod, grab, cat-call, or make take any action that makes another person feel sexually intimidated ... even if they want you to.

Just. Not. Okay.

NOT OKAY at all.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2018, 22:20

mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

I would extend that to men ... but they tend to have better odds defending themselves.

And until you can understand how a woman conceptualises being made to feel like prey .. you will not understand anything else i'm trying to say to you.

I understand what you are saying Mothra, but I'm a woman. I 'm not sure you can get these guys to 'think outside the box'. PLEASE excuse the pun. :emb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2018, 22:23

Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

No....but I can guarantee that if a female said to me....'nice arse,' 'nice face,' nice body,' 'wanna fuck, or 'I'd tap you,' I would have at least half a chubby instantly.

See what I mean. :roll :roll :purple :purple
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2018, 22:30

Now this wee statement shows us exactly what the difficulty is here.

Mothra is talking about predatory males, in ALL THEIR VARIETY, and their impact on females,
and Aussie is showing his ignorance quite clearly. FFS. :roll :purple :purple Double Purple Boing for you Aussie.

So what Aussie ?? ANYTHING SHORT OF RAPE is NOT worth discussing.??

That is certainly the impression I have gained from your replies here, and on an ealier, more specific thread... Dirt on Burke.

If it's not rape, it isn't worth talking about eh? EH?

You have got it so wrong, but at least you've been honest about it. I don't expect you to EVER understand, because you are NOT WILLING. You don't need to change. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 22:34

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

I understand what you are saying Mothra, but I'm a woman. I 'm not sure you can get these guys to 'think outside the box'. PLEASE excuse the pun. :emb

so as a woman, if a guy yells out to you 'nice tits' or 'hey sexy', you feel like you're being raped?

you must be kidding?
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jan 2018, 22:38

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:They only get the kinds of women they deserve. And they'll toss her out when she hits 35.

wishful thinking mothra ... i know many chauvinists who are happily married and have been for a long time (not me of course, I just enjoy yanking your chain)

Strangely enough often it's the wife who encourages his chauvinism

Ah yes. There are indeed women like that. And men like that.

Do you really think that's happiness though?

How would a man like that be happily married to a woman who ages? Is he stimulated by her mind, all of a sudden?

I expect he keeps her around because she is familiar and he has a certain fondness for her .. and at the end of the day it's a hole in the dark, right? But it's not mutual respect, love, desire and integration is it. I mean, she can't be happy at least .. and many women aren't and are well conditioned to internalise it rather than request appreciation from even themselves let alone their partners.

Many people also are content with appearances and convention. Again, not happiness. Not as you and i know it to mean. When you have a real and abiding connection with another human with it's foundations in love and respect.

I could write a thesis on why some women allow themselves to be "property' .. or a c'commodity'. There are many interesting and deeply rooted influences.

As i could write a thesis on why some men think they have the god given right to make any kind of impact at all on a woman that isn't positive because of the way she looks. Many, many reasons.

But as you and both know, humans are idiots and must be told by law and societal convention how to behave. it is no longer okay to leer, poke, prod, grab, cat-call, or make take any action that makes another person feel sexually intimidated ... even if they want you to.

Just. Not. Okay.

NOT OKAY at all.

not OK for you, perhaps
even I would agree that's it's not OK for me in my relationship either ....

but for a couple in a willing relationship where both agree she is his property, how can you argue it's not OK?

she agrees, he agrees. it doesn't get any more OK from their perspective.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2018, 23:09

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mothra wrote:

so as a woman, if a guy yells out to you 'nice tits' or 'hey sexy', you feel like you're being raped?

you must be kidding?

Don't pretend to be even more stupid than you are please. NO SUCH THING WAS SUGGESTED. If you got that message? you have a brain with thought processes seriously affected by bias. Clear thinking would sort you out, but hey , don't ask me for help.
I'm not your Mummy. !!

:bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit