To Booby the gullible fool

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Is Debuyne a snake oil salesman?

Poll ended at 09 Apr 2018, 18:00

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes
Could not care less.
No votes

Total votes : 5

To Booby the gullible fool

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Dec 2017, 21:37

Insurance head honcho:

I think the days of viewing climate change within a purely ethical, environmental or long-term frame have passed. More and more, the conversations we are having are about the practical realities and consequences of a changing climate. One reason for this is that we now have a much more sophisticated, granular, quantifiable understanding of the impacts, risks and probability distributions around climate change. This is true on the planetary scale. For example, it is estimated that in order to have a two-in-three chance of keeping global warming below 2 degrees, we need to restrict future global emissions to around 800 gigatons of CO2.2 (That’s equivalent to around 25 years or so of current annual global emissions). We also have a much keener idea of impacts at a local level, and the implications for countries, regions, cities and, yes, companies.

Piecing together this understanding has taken a long time and a lot of hard work. 58 years ago today, NASA launched the first ever cloud-cover satellite, the Vanguard 2. At the time there had only been a handful of successful satellite launches. Today there are a few thousand satellites in orbit. Over the intervening decades, this remarkable array of technology has vastly improved our understanding of weather – from cloud cover to snow packs and cyclones. Over time, it also allowed us to document, diagnose and understand the impacts of changes in climate. Measuring changes in Arctic sea ice is just one example.

This has been buttressed by decades of work on the ground by scientists across a whole range of disciplines to understand the causes and implications of climate change. One of the hallmarks of this research is that today, climate change is not just the realm of scientists – but of planners, policymakers, businesspeople and economists, too.

http://www.apra.gov.au/Speeches/Pages/Australias-new-horizon.aspx

Now you reckon the east coast of the US is undergoing a cold snap? I have explained this endless times but I will try one more time:

1. The globe is warming, the sea levels are rising, glaciers are retreating including on Greenland, West Antarctica, the Antarctic Peninsula and even East Antarctica. Sea ice is decreasing in extent and thickness.

2. The poles are warming faster than the mid latitudes due to the albedo effect: as ice and snow melt dark ocean or rock absorbs the solar radiation that the ice and snow used to reflect back out to space.

3. The speedier warming in the Arctic means that the Jetstream weakens. Hell, even that liar for money Dubyne said the Jet Stream is weakening.

4. Because of the weaker Jet Stream Arctic air can escape south of the Arctic circle. This has happened now on the East coast of the US. In January 2017 it was Europe got hit by a cold spell. All Dubyne does is report on and exaggerate and lie about these cold spells. Remember earlier this year? UK supermarkets rationing veges because of the ice age? A lie. The Murcia and Valencia regions of Spain that grow 80% of Europe’s winter veges had been hit by so much rain the fields were unworkable.

You have watched 500 compilations of bullshit, lies, hysterical reports of snow, cold etc. Don’t you realise Dubyne just goes through the same rigmarole? In particular:

1. He has presented no evidence that the next solar minimum due 2019 is a GSM. Zero evidence. There is no scientific evidence for a GSM any time soon. Some videos back I saw someone ask him—no reply. He is selling snake oil. The last GSM, the Maunder Minimum, did not cause the last LIA so why the hell should a GSM now cause an ice age?

2. He never mentions science or climatology or global trends or warm weather events etc. Snake oil. I really hope that you have not given him money or bought Bitcoin because Dubyne said to?

3. But any real or imagined snow or hail or cold etc etc he covers in detail—but never the reason for the event. Notice that—he cannot explain weather events.

4. He talks a lot about precipitation: rain or hail or snow, not realising that all this high precipitation is due to AGW? Warmer seas evaporate more moisture into warmer air that can hold more moisture.

5. He insults the collective low intelligence/high suggestibility/high gullibility of his followers. A video about moldy fruit in the US—not a single follower said “but Florida was hit by 3 hurricanes” did they? Same with the wet fields/potato rot (assuming that was real) in Ireland when Ireland got hit by tropical storm Ophelia, most north eastern hurricane known and also by storm Caroline. Again we see: mention of high precipitation which means high evaporation before the precipitation. If we were in an ice age more water would be locked up as ice (so sea levels would not be rising) and colder seas would evaporate LESS water into colder air.

Stop being so bloody gullible! It is embarrassing to see someone who should know better fall for such obvious bullshit. The Moronic I understand but you are not quite as stupid as him.

I still want you to apologise to me and mothra for trolling us that day.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: To Booby the gullible fool

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 09:27

In explanation, Booby the gullible fool who posted here for a while is now guest posting–due to something the turds in the sewer said about his details being in danger I guess. These are the same turds who dug up a HEAP of personal information on Aussie and published it in the sewer and on OzPol. Booby being a gullible fool with obviously no real education, accepts all this and doesn’t see anything odd.

Why I created the OP, the gullible fool guest posted here to ask me to apologise because the east coast of the US is undergoing a cold snap. The OP explained why various areas are getting cold snaps, Arctic conditions and the like. The gullible little fool thinks the temporary cold snap is a sign of . . .drum roll. . .the coming ice age.

Of course, last January it was Europe had a cold snap—didn’t last, is long forgotten by most. Next year Asia or the middle east might get hit, who knows? All to do with the poles warming 2-3 times as fast as the rest of the globe, weakening the jetstream and allowing Arctic air to escape south. Pretty simple but not when you are an uneducated gullible fool like Booby.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 31 Dec 2017, 10:50

i wonder what the HRC would say about booby, and by extension FD, posting that meme that shows black people as apes, all over the place?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 12:59

Link?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 13:44

Ha, the gullible idiot was crapping on with “Monk needs to apologise to me and DuByne” and “Monk and Marla need to apologise [to me]” about the Arctic air making things a bit cool on the east coast of the US.

Barnacle posts a map showing that apart from the US east coast the world is warmer than normal. Does Booby see sense at last? Nope, that gullible little munchkin replies WTTE the ice age is only starting.

Wow! A new level of stupid! Oh man, an ice age that moves east–west instead of north–south!

We KNOW the ice in the Arctic Ocean is shrinking in extent, thickness and volume—Arctic Mission sailed to 80°N last NH summer. Clearly then, the ice age is not starting in the north pole. The south pole, Antarctica, is melting too, even EAST Antarctica!

Booby, Booby, the globe is warming, the poles are warming faster so the JetStream weakens and Arctic air can escape south. Last NH summer it was Europe, this year it is the east coast of the US. Neither meant a LIA is coming.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 14:17

The map:

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 14:20

Before long, of course, the US east of the Mississippi will have a warm winter due the weak La Nina developing. Dubyne won’t mention that and Booby will accept that like a well trained little puppy dog. Dubyne WILL mention when a spring cold snap freezes blossoms that have come out too early and get frozen. Really cynical and really taking people like Booby as idiots and fools good enough to send him money. Yuck.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 31 Dec 2017, 15:42

FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 31 Dec 2017, 16:28

Very unChristian of him. Then again, I never thought Booby was a Christian, religion is just another way to remain in the closet.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: To brave sir Bobby

Postby Sir Bobby » 01 Jan 2018, 19:10

Mr Damn OzPol,
You still owe David DuByne and me an apology:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... /4200#4200

They will never apologise - especially Monk
even though I know that he knows about the massive cold weather in the USA.
David DuByne was right all along.
Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Jan 2018, 19:34

No, he was not right.

His (paid for) bullshit is that we are heading into a GSM. No evidence for that, of course.

The GSM, apparently, will cause a little ice age. Why? The last GSM, the Maunder Minimum, did not cause the LIA! The LIA existed before and after the Maunder Minimum! So the very basis of his bullshit is wrong!

The poles are warming 2-3 times as fast as middle latitudes because of the albedo effect. This weakens the Jet Stream and that allows masses of Arctic air to escape south. If this lobe of frigid air is blocked by a big high, arctic conditions apply for a while but this fades/disperses etc.

The US west of the Mississippi will have a mild winter for the most part.

Last year East Europe got hit with Arctic air. Remember, Dubyne lied about veges being rationed in UK supermarkets because of the LIA? That was a lie, remember? The veges were being rationed because the Valencia and Murcia regions of Spain had been hit by so much rain the fields that supply 80% of Europes winter veges were too wet to work.

In those links I placed earlier you can read that the US got hit with even more severe weather in the 80s, I think. Don’t be such a gullible fool!

You owe me and mothra an apology for unprovoked trolling. Try to be a man for once.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Jan 2018, 19:43

And most of the world is at above average temperatures. Dubyne is a bum prophet. There is so much more CO2 in the air that a Maunder Minimum type event won’t cause much cooling at all. The Barnacle has posted evidence the glaciers are in retreat and they are still in retreat.

The cold weather in the US is not the worst they have had and is localised and of short duration. The cause has been adequately explained to you, Booby. Read the links I posted.

And apologise for that unprovoked trolling.

Oh man, there will be a day you will have to admit the ice age crap is not going to happen. 2020 at the latest I guess, the sun coming out of its normal minimum. That will not be a nice day for you. Why not try to read and just see alternative explanations?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Jan 2018, 22:01

“There is research that indicates changes in our climate as the Earth warms, and especially warming of the arctic region, are leading to a ‘wavier’ jet stream, which means it can be more likely to have these sorts of southward plunges of cold weather in one portion of the country while there is a northward push of warm weather in another,” said Keith Seitter, executive director of the American Meteorological Society.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-weather-latest-snow-ice-new-york-california-temperatures-cold-record-a8133881.html

That is what I said. Last NH winter Eastern Europe got hit. There is no ice age tho is there? 2017 is the 2nd or 3rd warmest year!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Jan 2018, 19:19

Some more information of the incursion of Arctic air into parts of the US:

A reinforcing shot of bitter, Arctic air will soon prolong the long-lived cold outbreak across the Plains, Midwest, South and East into the end of this week, likely shattering more daily records and sending wind chills to dangerously cold levels.

The first batch of Arctic air to arrive in the Lower 48 is currently gripping parts of the Midwest, South and East. This will be followed by another reinforcing shot of bitterly cold air during the latter half of the week ahead.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-01-01-arctic-record-cold-outbreak-forecast-midwest-east-south-early-january

This is exactly what I said. Not a sign of an ice age but a sign of the poles warming more rapidly than middle latitudes so weakening the Jet Stream. Arctic air can escape and has. Rest of the world is warmer than average, west coast of the US is at record high tempperature.

Wind chill warnings:

As mentioned earlier, a reinforcing shot of Arctic air will spread across the Midwest and East during the latter half of this week. Some additional daily record lows could be in jeopardy across those regions. Many northeastern major cities could set records on Friday and/or Saturday, including Baltimore, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.

More Arctic air, not air cooled by an ice age.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 02 Jan 2018, 21:21

I see idiot bobby once again proves why everyone thinks he's an idiot

Perhaps someone should explain to him the difference between a 'preference' and a 'rule'? :smack
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Jan 2018, 21:56

No point, he is incapable of learning.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 03 Jan 2018, 08:55

HBS Guy wrote:No point, he is incapable of learning.

He's a fuckwit, that's for sure.
greggerypeccary
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jan 2018, 10:25

Probably left school after three years of High School.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jan 2018, 07:14

More information about the Arctic air making things cold in the eastern USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/winter-storm-bomb-cyclone_us_5a4c3d1ee4b0b0e5a7a96471

West coast is at record high temperatures—does not give Booby food for thought, the uneducated idiot just thinks: cold! so LIA!

Why does Booby believe in a LIA? Actually, the idiot believes a major ice age is coming (but only to the N hemisphere!) Why? Believes in a major ice age, wants a major ice age! Why?

I will repeat for the brain damaged Booby: the weather in the east coast of the US was predicted on 8 December—weather systems were such as to funnel Arctic air south and east. Not a sign of an ice age.

Last NH winter it was eastern Europe got hit with Arctic weather, this year the eastern coast of the US. Next NH winter. . .?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jan 2018, 08:35

do you think the idiot has realised he spelt bodybuilding 'Bobybuilding'

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I bet he hasn't
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Re: To Bobby the brave

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Jan 2018, 08:36

Winter storm threatens East Coast, bringing temps colder than Mars

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/03/us/co ... index.html

CNN
By Holly Yan and Judson Jones, CNN

Updated 2049 GMT (0449 HKT) January 3, 2018

(CNN)A massive "bombogenesis" -- an area of rapidly declining low pressure -- will wreak havoc on the Northeast this week, threatening hurricane-force winter wind gusts and blinding snow.
The bombogenesis will result in what's known as a "bomb cyclone." And the bomb cyclone, expected to strike Thursday, will likely dump 6 to 12 inches of snow in New England and hurl 40- to 60-mph gusts.

By the end of this week, parts of the Northeast will be colder than Mars.
At Mount Washington Observatory in New Hampshire, the temperature will plunge to minus 35 degrees Friday night into Saturday, weather observer Taylor Regan said. At last check several days ago, the high temperature on Mars was minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
But it's not just New England suffering winter's wrath. Freezing rain, sleet and snow are smothering parts of the Southeast on Wednesday.

Florida gets walloped with snow

From Maine to Florida, every East Coast state has at least one weather advisory, winter storm watch, winter storm warning or blizzard warning. That's 1,500 miles of severe weather alerts.
In Tallahassee, Florida, Ernst Beliard said he's never seen snow in his 21 years there.
"Yo its actually snowing in Tallahassee," he tweeted.

Indeed, Tallahassee had not seen measurable snowfall since 1989, CNN meteorologist Michael Guy said.

Carl Sagan — 'Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.'
Sir Bobby
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jan 2018, 08:39

bobby, you're a fool. What part of global warming cause weather EXTREMES is difficult for you?
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Re: To Bobby the brave

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Jan 2018, 08:40

When will Monk apologise now that David DuByne has been proven right?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... /4200#4207
Sir Bobby
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sir Bobby » 04 Jan 2018, 08:41

johnsmith wrote:bobby, you're a fool. What part of global warming cause weather EXTREMES is difficult for you?

But temperatures colder than Mars?
Sir Bobby
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jan 2018, 08:42

Notice “east coast states” do you know what conditions are like on the West coast, booby?

This is arctic air that escaped south because the Jet Stream has been weakened and made “wavy.” Read the links you gullible uneducated fool!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Sand Pit