To Booby the gullible fool

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: To Booby the gullible fool

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Feb 2018, 18:22

I will have you know I feel dirty posting a link to snake oil!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Feb 2018, 09:10

Booby is donning the jackboots and Gordon is wallowing in sleeze. What excellent choices for board Mods. Not.

cods has woken up to the fact that AiA is a sleazebag. Slow learner is cods!

Just imagine all the boards to have Mods appointed end up with quality Mods like Booby and Gordon. I like Miketrees but what the hell interest does he have in multiculturalism? But a rightwhinger so acceptable to the sewer.

I hope the sewer gets their pick in ALL the boards without a current Mod. The resultant wall to wall sleaze and crap should get FD to declare finis and delete the board within 12 months.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Feb 2018, 09:48

Booby is being given some bad advice about his piss poor tomatoes.

With clay, dig over the bed/patch of lawn etc as soon as it is wet enough. Spread plenty of gypsum over the clods of earth, leave that be over winter, will break the clay down.

26 bags of clay breaker (gypsum) spread over the back half of my block in fall last year. That is not enough for apple trees so some deep ripping will be done one side of the block to the other—parallel to the back boundary then one long deep rip almost from the back boundary to the front—additional drainage. Will try and harvest the water rather than let it run onto the road reserve.

THEN you can dig in organic matter.

Keep the kikuyu/couch at bay with weedmats and mulch.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Feb 2018, 11:11

Cow poo is good, but so is horse poo.

Trick is: horsepoo is full of seeds so you don’t dig it in or compost it (unless you can get a really hot compost going) you use it as a tea. Shovel full of horseshit into plastic garbage bin. Half fill bin with water. After a few weeks take out 1L horseshit “tea” and dilute to 10L with plain water (dissolve some pot. sulfate to help fruit set) and spray over plants. Step back quickly after spraying.

Sheep shit can be bought cheap as chips, use as mulch or manure (never use fresh “hot” manure, of course, let it age and mellow.) Hoping to buy 20 bags at least in Tassie for 12 cider apple trees. Why pay Bunnings’ inflated prices for shit? Buy sheep shit cheap or free at garden expos, look on Facebook etc. Sheep shit—a valuable resource often overlooked.

Another great manure is pig shit. Just spread it on the ground, no need at all to dig in. Properly composted pig poo (search for “the puissant power of pig” here) does not smell at all! Trust me on this: I had bags of the stuff in my Laser one Stirling Market day, a hot day, and despite assurances on the “no smell at all” I thought the car might smell a bit bucolic. Nope, truly no smell.

Got some wasted space in the garden? Dig a pond, populate with native fish, water plants that produce oxygen under water, water lillies etc. A small pump letting a bit of bubbling happen at the surface is good. After a year or two—really need to turn over quite a bit of the pond water. Valuable resource! I have nursed plants back to health just watering with pond water! The “puny power of piscine poo” isn’t really all that puny. Add water conditioner to your pond and refill with fresh water.

Ponds are interesting, provide flowers (water lilies come in various colors of flower and there are other great flowering water plants like Louisiana Swamp Iris) and fun in feeding the fish add a native cat fish after a year or so, top predator to keep the “herd’ in good shape but lazy with it, you can rub its belly as it eats the fish pellets) and you can have a bit of statuary, fountain etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Sand Pit