Australia to ban climbing on Uluru from 2019

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: Aussie

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Postby Squire » 01 Nov 2017, 18:26

Australian Aboriginals are wresting control of parts of their land from the descendants of British Aboriginals.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-41827203

Uluru is a sacred site for Aboriginal Australians
Climbing on Australia's iconic Uluru landmark will be banned from October 2019, local authorities have confirmed.
The board of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park voted unanimously to end the climb because of indigenous sensitivities.
The giant red monolith in the Northern Territory is a sacred site for Aboriginal Australians.
Local people have long asked visitors not to climb the outcrop, which was known for many years as Ayers Rock.
Signs at the start of the climb ask people to abstain from going up in respect to the traditional law of the Anangu Aboriginal people, the custodians of the land.
"It is an extremely important place, not a playground or theme park like Disneyland," board chairman and Anangu man Sammy Wilson said on Wednesday.
"If I travel to another country and there is a sacred site, an area of restricted access, I don't enter or climb it, I respect it. "

He said the Anangu people had felt intimidation over the years to keep the climb open because it was a top tourist attraction.
However the group had consistently wanted to close the site, a sacred men's area, because of its cultural significance.
"Closing the climb is not something to feel upset about but a cause for celebration. Let's come together; let's close it together," he said.
The board was made up of eight traditional owners as well as four government officials.

Only 16% of visitors made the climb between 2011 to 2015, according to the board's data.
The Unesco World Heritage-listed monolith was handed back to its traditional owners in 1985. The ban will commence on 26 October, 2019 - the 34th anniversary of the handover.
Squire
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Re: Australia to ban climbing on Uluru from 2019

Postby Wally » 02 Nov 2017, 15:56

Don't forget the aerogard! This rock is sacred to Aboriginals as are all rocks, this just happens to be a big rock
and many goons have been drunk in and around this rock which makes it a very special rock.
"A dingo ate my baby" at this special rock or was it a sacrifice to the great Aboriginal rock god.
Wally

Postby Squire » 02 Nov 2017, 16:45

Wally wrote:Don't forget the aerogard! This rock is sacred to Aboriginals as are all rocks, this just happens to be a big rock
and many goons have been drunk in and around this rock which makes it a very special rock.
"A dingo ate my baby" at this special rock or was it a sacrifice to the great Aboriginal rock god.

Wallies are already banned from Uluru.
Squire
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 16:49

Fuckwits will always be with us.

Call centre operators pretending to be an engineer “in charge of tens of millions of dollar projects.” Pretending they are married with three kids yet post during the day on Christmas Day. Lonely! Poor bastard.

Guess IQ wanted to be an engineer but dropped out in year one.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Wally » 02 Nov 2017, 18:05

Squire wrote:
Wally wrote:Don't forget the aerogard! This rock is sacred to Aboriginals as are all rocks, this just happens to be a big rock

Wallies are already banned from Uluru.

Wallies are discriminated regularly on various levels for no reason what so ever, I intend on opening an anti Wally discrimination center on behalf of all Wallies.
The big rock should be hitched up to a Toyota and towed to a place more hospitable, and the Abbos should not be so precious, plenty more rocks in Australia to worship.

As a blackfella once said to me, "who gives a fuck" Those words have stuck with me through time, a very wise man.
Wally

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2017, 22:08

Good thing too, all the drooling tourists climbing it have damaged the Rock.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 03 Nov 2017, 00:47

Good decision.
sleep is bliss: do it as often and for as long as you need.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby agree » 03 Nov 2017, 01:12

it is a good decision
agree

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Nov 2017, 07:13

Yup!

Hey Agree, why not join up and register here?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Nato » 03 Nov 2017, 19:27

The rock was there before the blackfullas came from wherever the fuck they came from
Nato

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Nov 2017, 19:59

And it is in their control and they say “no climbing!” that is it, case closed.

All the climbing has damaged the rock, time to stop it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 03 Nov 2017, 20:31

Nato wrote:The rock was there before the blackfullas came from wherever the fuck they came from

Was it there before the white-fellas came?

I'm curious.
greggerypeccary
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 04 Nov 2017, 00:51

Nato wrote:The rock was there before the blackfullas came from wherever the fuck they came from

Fuck off Nato.
To wherever the fuck you came from. :S
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Nato » 04 Nov 2017, 09:25

Pecca and pink , you pair of limp wristed lefty cunts love this shit don't yez
Nato

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Nov 2017, 09:37

And you pretend–soldier hate it :roll :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Nato » 04 Nov 2017, 10:58

Not really but it is a crock of fucken shit. I've climbed the cunt 3 times because that's just what you did and no one gave a rats arse. It will do nothing for the blackfullas other than keep a few half white cunts happy. If it improved their way of life , increased employment facilitated edecation kept em off the piss , stopped em flogging their women and abusing their kids I and everyone else would be all for it. Oddly enough it will do none of these things. I take some comfort in knowing cunts like you pecca and pink will sleep soundly at night because no cunt can climb on a rock though. Meanwhile the brothers can continue on living in old cars and under tarps dying 20 years younger than the rest of us whilst the leftys pull themselves over another assault and perceived victory on our way of life.
Nato

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Nov 2017, 11:01

Was it there before the white-fellas came?

Question too difficult for you?
greggerypeccary
Irish wolfhound

Postby Nato » 04 Nov 2017, 23:13

Gone quiet on this one brahs
Nato

Postby pinkeye » 04 Nov 2017, 23:45

Nato wrote:Not really but it is a crock of fucken shit. I've climbed the cunt 3 times because that's just what you did and no one gave a rats arse. It will do nothing for the blackfullas other than keep a few half white cunts happy. If it improved their way of life , increased employment facilitated edecation kept em off the piss , stopped em flogging their women and abusing their kids I and everyone else would be all for it. Oddly enough it will do none of these things. I take some comfort in knowing cunts like you pecca and pink will sleep soundly at night because no cunt can climb on a rock though. Meanwhile the brothers can continue on living in old cars and under tarps dying 20 years younger than the rest of us whilst the leftys pull themselves over another assault and perceived victory on our way of life.

No one gave a rats arse about it because Aboriginals weren't even CONSIDERED. FUCKWIT. I wonder WHY all these bad things happen?? Couldn't have anything to do with 150 yrs of attempted genocide, could it.? YOUR attitude is exactly that of the master.. the fucking slaver . If you are an indigenous Australian you are a traitor to your people. If you are not.. you are the perfect example of the UGLY AUSTRALIAN. So FUCK YOU Nato. So dull you don't even have an original name. GO FUCK YOURSELF. PREFERABLY somewhere like Canberra. Go and impale yourself on the Spear on Black Mountain.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Nato » 05 Nov 2017, 00:08

Arrr pinkarse the voice of the tolerant left, has your little rant improved the lot of the blackfullas .. probably not but carry on :stay
Nato

Postby pinkeye » 05 Nov 2017, 00:16

Nato wrote:Arrr pinkarse the voice of the tolerant left, has your little rant improved the lot of the blackfullas .. probably not but carry on :stay

Not my intention. The indigenous people are beginning to understand they have the power to change their own lives for the better. Thanks to Mr Mabo, native peoples are starting, but JUST, starting to realize their true and intrinsic value to the world.
The govts of the States are doing their damndest to stop this self-acceptance and empowerment, by locking up their children, and torturing them. Doesn't speak well of Australian values... or does it? :mad

I'm sure you have an opinion.?
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 05 Nov 2017, 00:18

Nato wrote:Arrr pinkarse the voice of the tolerant left, has your little rant improved the lot of the blackfullas .. probably not but carry on :stay

So tell us all Nato, how YOU would improve the lot of the blackfullas.?
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Nato » 05 Nov 2017, 00:30

I asked first cunt
Nato

Postby pinkeye » 05 Nov 2017, 00:45

Nato wrote:I asked first cunt

:bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :slap :smack :slap :smack

Sad but funny. :bgrin :bike :bike :bike

On ya bike cunt. Best you can do????>? :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :purple :purple :purple
what a wally. :roll :bgrin :yak yak Do you hear about that fuckwit.?? :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :smack
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Nato » 05 Nov 2017, 10:06

Will stopping whitey from climbing the rock solve their problems pinkarse
Nato

Next

Return to Sand Pit