How observant are you?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: Aussie

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

How observant are you?

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2017, 21:40

I can walk into any part of my/the Home or my Cab or any place I regularly frequent and immediately see if something is different or not where it should be or was last time I was there, even taking into account usual household/Cab activity. It's like getting a PM.......as soon as I log in, I will instantly see if I have an incoming PM.....not so at least six people today at another place.

Have to concede...being able to do that pisses TIB off and used to annoy the fuck out of the kids...but....that's just me.

Is it only me?

:tweed
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: How observant are you?

Postby pinkeye » 26 Oct 2017, 21:51

:tweed NO. I too tend notice things. It does depend tho. :)

I have often found myself somewhere, an office, someone's house, and they're looking for something. Usually keys , purses, business cards etc... It amuses me how often I can tell them where to find them. I just note things, somehow.
sleep is bliss: do it as often and for as long as you need.
pinkeye
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 26 Oct 2017, 22:07

Because of my painting background, I can usually spot a miss as soon as I walk in a room.

I am finding however that the longer i am away from painting that I am starting to lose that ability ...now it can take several minutes for me to notice where once it would have been almost instant
johnsmith
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2017, 22:16

I painted the ceilings in my Mum’s house, front porch, lounge, hallway, kitchen & dinette, toilet, back porch and laundry all in one afternoon. White on white.

Fucking cunt of a sister pointed out with glee I had missed ONE fucking spot the size of a 20¢ piece in the kitchen. It should be legal to murder cunts like that!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2017, 22:17

HBS Guy wrote:I painted the ceilings in my Mum’s house, front porch, lounge, hallway, kitchen & dinette, toilet. White on white.

Fucking cunt of a sister pointed out with glee I had missed ONE fucking spot the size of a 20¢ piece in the kitchen.

Her fault....or yours???

:rofl :yahoo :rofl
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2017, 22:20

I missed it. Apart from that I did a brilliant job, clean up was just washing the roller and tray. Didn’t even use ground sheets. One little spot of white on white missed. I was fucking tired by then, neck screaming with pain.

Hell, the kitchen ceiling was rough, I put a coat of paint on the rough bit the day before. Roughness not visible anymore, not easily anyway.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2017, 22:24

But.....she GOT ya!

:rofl
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2017, 22:27

She did. Lucky for her I had a roller not a hammer in my hand I tells ya!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 26 Oct 2017, 22:48

HBS Guy wrote:I painted the ceilings in my Mum’s house, front porch, lounge, hallway, kitchen & dinette, toilet, back porch and laundry all in one afternoon. White on white.

Fucking cunt of a sister pointed out with glee I had missed ONE fucking spot the size of a 20¢ piece in the kitchen. It should be legal to murder cunts like that!

worked with a yugoslav guy once, walked in and said to him 'you've got a miss' , pointing to a corner of the room

he turned around and said

'missus, i tell you bout my missus
she fuckin the neighbour fucken'
johnsmith
mountain lion

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2017, 22:52

Very brave neighbour!
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union