Is juliar actually insane?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Hot topic: Some of the best political cartoons collected here.

Special feature: Peter “Walter Mitty” Costello.

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: Aussie

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Is juliar actually insane?

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2017, 13:01

Doesn’t think about what it says very carefully. Look at this idiocy:

Mal's Snowy scheme is just an extension of the very successful Snowy Scheme and is totally viable as it uses off peak hydro capacity to pump huge amounts of water uphill.

Yup, using hydro to pump water to store for hydro. :huh

(Turnbull to hike powerbills thread.)
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Is juliar actually insane?

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2017, 13:06

Freediver himself is not far off it:
Mr Abbott dismissed the argument that a large majority of scientists argue that the science of climate change is settled, saying "the claim that 99 per cent of scientists believe" is "as if scientific truth is determined by votes rather than facts".

There is no such thing as "scientific truth". What we refer to as scientific theories and laws are entirely determined by consensus among the scientific community. The philosopher of science Thomas Kuhn wrote extensively on it. This process of seeking consensus is a necessary part of scientific progress. Science is not facts. It is the understanding of those facts, and this understanding is entirely defined by what the scientific community agrees they mean. This consensus is what is taught in schools, and no doubt what Abbott mistakenly refers to as "scientific truth".

There are plenty of facts behind these opinions. Too many to know what to do with unless you are involved in the field. Without the process of seeking consensus within the scientific community all you have is a sea of facts and no objective guidance on how to navigate them. Like the rubbish you see about every cold snap disproving global warming.

Tony Abbott is taking advantage of and reinforcing a popular misconception about the reality of science to score cheap political points.

Bullshit! Science is finding and testing theories. Peer review, consensus is just examining the validity of the experiments, redoing the experiments to make them fail (if possible) and looking for ways to get a better explanation. If an experiment cannot be falsified it is accepted until a better theory comes along.

But the scientific method is trying to falsify theories by experiment. FD thinks he knows a lot (scientific method, evolution) but he really doesn’t.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 13 Oct 2017, 10:47

juliar just types what the Liberal Party tells him to. He's a brainless fuckwit.

I'm pretty sure DRAH is insane - did you see his nonsense yesterday?

Looks like he's copped a ban for it.
greggerypeccary
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2017, 10:52

Ahahahaha I admit I like DRAH tho he does get on my tits with his repetition.

It is a good thing I am banned or I might tell him something that might wreck the friendship. FD or Dic should have laid down the law weeks ago: one anti–SSM thread and that is it! been running amok, rather.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 13 Oct 2017, 11:13

HBS Guy wrote:Ahahahaha I admit I like DRAH tho he does get on my tits with his repetition.

It is a good thing I am banned or I might tell him something that might wreck the friendship. FD or Dic should have laid down the law weeks ago: one anti–SSM thread and that is it! been running amok, rather.

Yeah, he can go overboard at times.

Yesterday he was accusing everyone of teaching sodomy to his kids.

He just wouldn't let up.
Last edited by greggerypeccary on 13 Oct 2017, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
greggerypeccary
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2017, 11:54

Saw that. You should repeat my invitation to post here—but not on SSM!

Tell him to use this URL: https://tinyurl.com/mvtwnoy (Gets around FD’s word censor on my board.)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 13 Oct 2017, 12:00

HBS Guy wrote:Ahahahaha I admit I like DRAH tho he does get on my tits with his repetition.

:WTF
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2017, 12:04

Well, back when I was. Since then not logging in, self banned.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Sand Pit