The song remains the same ....

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The song remains the same ....

Postby mothra » 15 Aug 2019, 01:14

mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby mothra » 15 Aug 2019, 01:20

mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 15 Aug 2019, 01:32

mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 15 Aug 2019, 22:00

Now that is something I haven't heard for approx. 45 yrs.

Led Zeppelin are definitely hugely central to much that has followed. Around about Zep II they were obviously trying to adapt to the Pink Floyd influence .. not so well, but then they found their way.

One of my very first albums I bought was Obscured By Clouds, by Pink Floyd. Prev..? Best of Simon and Garfunkel... and Best of Jose Feliciano.!! WOW.. Jose Feliciano ..incredible guitar..

Anyway.
After Meddle… and Dark Side of the Moon, I started going backwards in the Floyd albums, and bought UmmaGumma, Relics, etc.. and then forwards to Animals, Wish You were Here, etc. I still own CDs of Pink Floyd, AND Led Zeppelin.

I honestly , honestly , don't think any acts have really surpassed these amazing bands.
I mean YES.. well maybe not YES, but they did have a great song.. but anyway.. I listen to popular music not at all, these days. It's all so repetitive, derivative and boring.
Oh I get the occasional pop theme.. well couldn't name u one actually. Oh OK Taylor Swift ROAR? or was that Katy Perry.? GAF. :roll
And all that US City music.. you know.? Rap and Hip Hop and the rest..? Some of that is catchy.. but .. great music..? Not in my opinion.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 17 Aug 2019, 16:27

I like this ...

"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar