Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
spamone: Animal

Re: Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

Post by pinkeye »

Lols wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 19:23
So sorry about the above unasked-for advice. I am just doing it on impulse, in response to your post. I have lived alone for years, and it is often the quiet times , or something you see or read, that triggers it. ONE MUST take control :roll :bgrin
Actually lovely advice and comforting thank you Pinky.
I do appreciate it :rose
[/quote]
pinkeye says, …
Thank you for the reply. I do go on a bit. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Woke up with a nasty cough, doubt it is the virus (not a dry cough) but think I will have a corona virus test done anyway on the way to the market.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

HBS Guy wrote:
01 May 2020, 09:09
Woke up with a nasty cough, doubt it is the virus (not a dry cough) but think I will have a corona virus test done anyway on the way to the market.
I reckon with this sudden weather change, even not among people at all except scantily at local IGA once week, I still feel sneezy or in the verge of a cold (sniffle).... and I wonder, if it’s something in the change from warm to cold air that does it?
I mean I have not mingled with people at all and still feel like I could get a cold.
Coughing? Maybe it’s the cold air doing it to you, as you could be stressed, are you getting enough sleep? Very very important, sleep is when the immune system works best.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

pinkeye wrote:
01 May 2020, 00:39
Lols wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 19:23
So sorry about the above unasked-for advice. I am just doing it on impulse, in response to your post. I have lived alone for years, and it is often the quiet times , or something you see or read, that triggers it. ONE MUST take control :roll :bgrin
Actually lovely advice and comforting thank you Pinky.
I do appreciate it :rose
pinkeye says, …
Thank you for the reply. I do go on a bit. :bgrin
[/quote]

Believe you me pinky, I can do that do -go on a bit.
It’s an expressive art form and one with life experience.

Although I do admire those that can put it in a nutshell, just one sentence, that’s an art form also.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

absolutely agree

succinctness
superb :roll :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

HBS Guy wrote:
01 May 2020, 09:09
What, you mean a drive thru test? Do you get fries with that- or perhaps even the woman in uniform oooooh la laaa !???! ( :tweed wtf is wrong with me :bgrin )
"Oi!"

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

No, visited the clinic at local hospital.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

That's good.

I also have things which could be considered symptoms, except I've been getting them for yrs. Haven't had a cold or flu (knocking on wood)in longer than I can remember, but do have sinus issues. If I looked at them individually, and then added them together as new, I 'd get tested. But this is just the usual.

Hope all is well :rose
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Me too!

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Corona beard, one month and one week old.
Corona beard 1 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

Now ....... that is interesting. There is a Chaps Menswear shop here on the Sunshine Coast.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Aussie wrote:
08 May 2020, 13:38
Now ....... that is interesting. There is a Chaps Menswear shop here on the Sunshine Coast.
I'll bet this isn't in there. :bgrin
USMC2 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

SethBullock wrote:
08 May 2020, 14:10
Aussie wrote:

USMC2 (2).png
Nah...and no more layer removal, okay???

:bgrin

Bongalong
Warthog

Post by Bongalong »

HBS Guy wrote:
06 May 2020, 16:16
No, visited the clinic at local hospital.
Some of those female doctors are to die for!
"Oi!"

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Aussie wrote:
08 May 2020, 14:25
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

USMC2 (2).png

NO !! Not okay.. Seth looks like a bit of eye candy for an old bird like me. :bgrin
Take it off Seth.! :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

pinkeye wrote:
08 May 2020, 23:21
Aussie wrote:
08 May 2020, 14:25
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:

USMC2 (2).png

NO !! Not okay.. Seth looks like a bit of eye candy for an old bird like me. :bgrin
Take it off Seth.! :bgrin
LMAO!

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

still.... wanna ? That's Aussie for do you want to ..?

:thumb
sleeping is good for you

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

pinkeye wrote:
09 May 2020, 00:47

still.... wanna ? That's Aussie for do you want to ..?

:thumb
Hold on a moment while I go ask my wife if it’s OK with her.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

:thumb :beer
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Oh dearie me.
About half an hour ago I fell off a ladder, and landed on my head. :OMG :yellow :jump What a klutz. I have a furry intruder in my roof, and I have opened up the man-hole and positioned a ladder under it, which is in my laundry. I have a light up there which I have been turning on at night to discourage it, and I climb the ladder and stick my head up, wave my torch around as well and tell it to go away this is my house. I don't want to poison it, I want it to fuck off back where it came from. So yeah.. after my last post :roll I heard it and I climbed the ladder without sufficient caution and YEP I fell onto my slate covered concrete. Head first.!

I have a lump the size of a duck egg on my frontal temporal area, just up in the right side hairline.

No blood, I sort of slowed my fall by spreading out my arms,, ( its a narrow space) and some stuff clattered down with me when I hit.
It is a sizeable lump to be sure, and I guess I'm lucky that is a strong part of the skull. I got up after a minute or so, and have been trying to keep the area cool with damp cloths. It sort of hurts, but nothing else seems sore. Just my fucking head.!

Guess I'll find out when I wake up tomorrow(today).

:roll
sleeping is good for you

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

pinkeye wrote:
09 May 2020, 04:59
Oh dearie me.
About half an hour ago I fell off a ladder, and landed on my head. :OMG :yellow :jump What a klutz. I have a furry intruder in my roof, and I have opened up the man-hole and positioned a ladder under it, which is in my laundry. I have a light up there which I have been turning on at night to discourage it, and I climb the ladder and stick my head up, wave my torch around as well and tell it to go away this is my house. I don't want to poison it, I want it to fuck off back where it came from. So yeah.. after my last post :roll I heard it and I climbed the ladder without sufficient caution and YEP I fell onto my slate covered concrete. Head first.!

I have a lump the size of a duck egg on my frontal temporal area, just up in the right side hairline.

No blood, I sort of slowed my fall by spreading out my arms,, ( its a narrow space) and some stuff clattered down with me when I hit.
It is a sizeable lump to be sure, and I guess I'm lucky that is a strong part of the skull. I got up after a minute or so, and have been trying to keep the area cool with damp cloths. It sort of hurts, but nothing else seems sore. Just my fucking head.!

dam Pinky, You sure you don't need a ambulance (after all they are free)… head and neck injuries can sneak up on you... Look after yourself and keep your phone close incase when you wake your to sore to move.....
Look after yourself good woman :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Thanks .. I'm OK The lump is good because it means the skull hasn't dented. :roll :bgrin

Just keeping it cool. Must admit I don't feel like sleeping tho. Crikey. Lucky it was my head. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

pinkeye wrote:
09 May 2020, 05:12
Thanks .. I'm OK The lump is good because it means the skull hasn't dented. :roll :bgrin

Just keeping it cool. Must admit I don't feel like sleeping tho. Crikey. Lucky it was my head. :bgrin
hehe, that's my line..... I'm 6ft 3 in so always running into things, my head is well worn armour... That's not saying if I was a foot shorter I still wouldn't hit things with my head.....
Think the intruders are Rodents or possums ? Might need to get a remover in and get them to chicken wire the roof up.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

Aussie

Post by Aussie »

pinkeye wrote:
09 May 2020, 04:59
Oh dearie me.

Serves you right, Jezebel!

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Good grief, Pink!

If you get to feeling dizzy or nauseous, you get an ambulance coming right away.

And, there comes a time when we really don’t use ladders anymore. Get a nice neighbor to come over and climb the ladder and help you.

Take care, Pinkeye.