Need for Unbiased Moderators

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Need for Unbiased Moderators

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 23:34

Chuck.. said From my experience dealing with contractors on a State govt site, I would classify at least 90% didn’t meet the standard of workmanship specified by the contract. Rework came out of the State budget! Both the State Coalition and Labor parties stressed that we weren’t allowed to send any private companies broke, by forcing them to do rework.

Chuck for fucks sake ... answer the question. [/quote]

Err JS ? I think he has told you as much as possible.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 20 Jan 2020, 21:19

pinkeye wrote:Chuck.. said From my experience dealing with contractors on a State govt site, I would classify at least 90% didn’t meet the standard of workmanship specified by the contract. Rework came out of the State budget! Both the State Coalition and Labor parties stressed that we weren’t allowed to send any private companies broke, by forcing them to do rework.

Chuck for fucks sake ... answer the question.

Err JS ? I think he has told you as much as possible.[/quote]

really? show me the govt. policies that said that. That was his conclusion and not the position of the person who told him, which was what i was after.

i want the details of who exactly told him that rework was going to come out of maintenance. . For some reason he seems unwilling to answer.

In my experience, 15yrs of govt. contracts, the govt representatives don't discuss policy affecting the contract with the employees on the ground. There is no reason why they would tell workers anything along those lines. They either defect the work and have it repaired, or pass the work and it gets paid. If later on they redo the work on the maintenance budget, that is dealt with later and often by someone else. If that's the case,who told chucky this was the govts policy at the time?

My govt. work was all in NSW. ... so I'll accept that things might work differently in other states. But govts everywhere are all about covering their arses and making this sort of policy public in certainly not covering ones arse. With this in mind, I doubt his claims.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 21 Jan 2020, 01:12

well you cannot doubt my claims.

The NBN Corp are diddling for all they are worth.

But realistically, other than the contractors, … who benefits from MY PLACE having 6 ? no actually it was 7 separate contractors attending my premises...., with all attendance dramas, etc.. :roll

THE CONTRACTORS, and THEIR employer.(s) but who knows who they are..? ..??

The NBN, which is run by the GOVERNMENT. It is THEIR baby …

Like so many other areas of public governance, the Govt likes to pay OTHERS to do THEIR JOB. They can claim NOT to be responsible, but we all know the truth.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Previous

Return to Off Topic