Chinese Bandaids

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 06 Dec 2019, 19:48

Has anyone had any problems with Woollies plastic bandaids made in China?

Besides not staying on, any problem with wound healing.

The wounds get worse and I found that it would heal better without the bandaid.
Never struck this problem in the past!

Can u develop an allergy to plastic?

Never had any problem when Woollies sourced their bandaids from India.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Dec 2019, 19:50

Fuck off!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 06 Dec 2019, 20:52

HBS Guy wrote:Fuck off!
U r a demented moderator!

What's wrong with asking about a product that may have possible detrimental effect on other posters?

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Dec 2019, 21:09

Piss off!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Dec 2019, 04:28

Good time to experiment Chuck, get some Indian bandaids from ebay if you cant find anywhere else and compare on your next boo boo's,
Get a band aid and just put it on good skin and if a rash develops then you will know....
have you considered as you get older you don't heal as well ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby johnsmith » 07 Dec 2019, 13:01

i thought band aids were for kids. I don't even remember the last time I used one.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Dec 2019, 13:55

johnsmith wrote:i thought band aids were for kids. I don't even remember the last time I used one.

my work first aid kit is Panadol and a few Band-Aids :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 07 Dec 2019, 17:55

DonDeeHippy wrote:Good time to experiment Chuck, get some Indian bandaids from ebay if you cant find anywhere else and compare on your next boo boo's,
Get a band aid and just put it on good skin and if a rash develops then you will know....
have you considered as you get older you don't heal as well ? :purple
At least u sound like a rare sensible poster on this forum.

The rest r simply fuckwits - excuse me denigrating myself to this level- on this forum!
I’m mentioned that I may have developed an allergy to plastic bandaids.

And as u said, it may be an age problem.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Dec 2019, 19:08

Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Good time to experiment Chuck, get some Indian bandaids from ebay if you cant find anywhere else and compare on your next boo boo's,
Get a band aid and just put it on good skin and if a rash develops then you will know....
have you considered as you get older you don't heal as well ? :purple
At least u sound like a rare sensible poster on this forum.

The rest r simply fuckwits - excuse me denigrating myself to this level- on this forum!
I’m mentioned that I may have developed an allergy to plastic bandaids.

And as u said, it may be an age problem.

Chuck

yes especially if you have been conned into taking ratsak to thin your blood.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 07 Dec 2019, 20:25

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Good time to experiment Chuck, get some Indian bandaids from ebay if you cant find anywhere else and compare on your next boo boo's,
Get a band aid and just put it on good skin and if a rash develops then you will know....
have you considered as you get older you don't heal as well ? :purple
At least u sound like a rare sensible poster on this forum.

The rest r simply fuckwits - excuse me denigrating myself to this level- on this forum!
I’m mentioned that I may have developed an allergy to plastic bandaids.

And as u said, it may be an age problem.

Chuck

yes especially if you have been conned into taking ratsak to thin your blood.... :purple

Not yet!
It brought up my veins and made the area reddish within the outline of the of the bandaid.

The wounded area got worse after applying the bandaid. After removing the bandaid these wounded areas healed better.

I’m dubious about what is embedded into these Chinese bandaids.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Squire » 09 Dec 2019, 20:57

Chuck appears to be allergic to China.

Band-aids don't fix mental problems.

Get well soon Chuck.
User avatar
Squire
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 10:35
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 09 Dec 2019, 21:28

Squire wrote:Chuck appears to be allergic to China.

Band-aids don't fix mental problems.

Get well soon Chuck.
U have limited knowledge about Chinese products. We can’t escape Chinese products.
Does this explain why ur a dickhead?

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Squire » 10 Dec 2019, 08:43

Chuck wrote:
Squire wrote:Chuck appears to be allergic to China.

Band-aids don't fix mental problems.

Get well soon Chuck.
U have limited knowledge about Chinese products. We can’t escape Chinese products.
Does this explain why ur a dickhead?

Chuck


That is untrue, Chuck.

You can escape Chinese products by going back to basics, living in a cave, hunting, and foraging.

Please don't thank me.

Off you go, Chuck.
User avatar
Squire
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 10:35
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Lols » 03 Jan 2020, 21:33

I have heard of some bandaids causing allergic skin reactions, but one such bandage, they use after a medical procedure, well, without the risk of hearing a whole lot of male footsteps leaving this room, about 2 years ago I had a mammogram, and if that wasn’t painful (I did say out loud if a man had designed the stupid machine because it felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place!) the biopsy with this long painful needle going 3 times into my bosom was going to create a pinched nerve problem till recent! And if that wasn’t bad, nurse stuck this clear gel type bandage there and I had the worst reaction with red like scarring that took almost a year to clear.
So yes, there are bandages that can cause some people an allergic skin reaction, and it’s not just an ageism thing, my daughters friend (in her mid 30s) had a bad reaction to the same type of gel bandage on her neck. Red and itchy and dry.
Okay, I’ve finished the story about my bosom buddy :bgrin
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Lols » 03 Jan 2020, 21:34

ps....I’m never going for another mammogram or biopsy ever again unless their machines and procedures surpass teqniques of ancient ruins!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2020, 22:25

It is hard to avoid products Made in China.

I personally also react to certain bandages, especially Bandaids. The raised red edge around the plaster site is very familiar to me, and itchy. Never use them now.

I never buy those cheap plastic crap things from China.

Why would an adult use plasters.?

They work on the land, they actually do something other than key on a keyboard. I have all sizes of stick-on plasters, but none are BandAids.

Not fond of latex either.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jan 2020, 22:32

Lols wrote:ps....I’m never going for another mammogram or biopsy ever again unless their machines and procedures surpass teqniques of ancient ruins!


I can sympathize Lols.

I've had two 'operations' due to mammograms. One was a biopsy on a lump when I was in my mid20's. Full-on under anaesthetic in a hospital.! Just a fatty lump, but it freaked me. Later same boob, a needle-biopsy .. about 40 by then. Same thing.

Some yrs later I decided NOT to have any more mammograms.

Lumps in the breasts are an inherited factor from my maternal line.. but my grandmother, who suffered for years from painful lumps , died in her 90s of dementia.
They were cysts, which were relieved, in her day, with applications of very hot water compresses. They always dispersed.

I doubt I'll live that long. :bgrin :thumb
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 04 Jan 2020, 17:34

Lols wrote:I have heard of some bandaids causing allergic skin reactions, but one such bandage, they use after a medical procedure, well, without the risk of hearing a whole lot of male footsteps leaving this room, about 2 years ago I had a mammogram, and if that wasn’t painful (I did say out loud if a man had designed the stupid machine because it felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place!) the biopsy with this long painful needle going 3 times into my bosom was going to create a pinched nerve problem till recent! And if that wasn’t bad, nurse stuck this clear gel type bandage there and I had the worst reaction with red like scarring that took almost a year to clear.
So yes, there are bandages that can cause some people an allergic skin reaction, and it’s not just an ageism thing, my daughters friend (in her mid 30s) had a bad reaction to the same type of gel bandage on her neck. Red and itchy and dry.
Okay, I’ve finished the story about my bosom buddy :bgrin
At least u sound like a sensible poster on this site!

Something that is a rare quality on this site.

I suspect it is my age on how the skin reacts to plastic.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jan 2020, 02:02

into repeating yourself..?
I know I tend to repeat things, in conversation just to insure the message came across,
It doesn't work.
Yawn
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Lols » 05 Jan 2020, 17:28

At least u sound like a sensible poster on this site!

Something that is a rare quality on this site.

I suspect it is my age on how the skin reacts to plastic
.

There’s a lot of good posters on this forum, or I would not have stayed. I love the leisurely pace, it’s easy to keep up with it all. There’s a good amount of interesting and informative topics, movies, food, etc
And sure there’s opposing views with some subjects, this makes me try to see it from others viewpoints instead of just thinking of my own viewpoint, that is why forums are good, otherwise here in my home, all I ever hear is the ole mans whinge at the news all the time ... :grn :giggle
BTW.... how old is old? Age blamed for skin probs and conditions?
Nah, the young suffer too. It’s the products used, we don’t know all the chemical compounds that make them up.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Lols » 05 Jan 2020, 17:34

pinkeye wrote:into repeating yourself..?
I know I tend to repeat things, in conversation just to insure the message came across,
It doesn't work.
Yawn

:bgrin You can say that again! (Pun intended)
My adult kids are always pulling me up mid conversation saying I had already said it.
I say to them, good work, I was just seeing if you were paying attention and remembered! :giggle
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jan 2020, 18:29

Oh yeah?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby Chuck » 05 Jan 2020, 18:50

Squire wrote:Chuck appears to be allergic to China.

Band-aids don't fix mental problems.

Get well soon Chuck.
Ru a psychologist or a psycho?

From my limited psychiatrist knowledge, ur a psycho!

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jan 2020, 01:24

Lols wrote:
pinkeye wrote:into repeating yourself..?
I know I tend to repeat things, in conversation just to insure the message came across,
It doesn't work.
Yawn

:bgrin You can say that again! (Pun intended)
My adult kids are always pulling me up mid conversation saying I had already said it.
I say to them, good work, I was just seeing if you were paying attention and remembered! :giggle


:gsp :giggle
I don't think it works... :)
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Bandaids

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Jan 2020, 11:40

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:i thought band aids were for kids. I don't even remember the last time I used one.

my work first aid kit is Panadol and a few Band-Aids :purple


First aid kits for workplaces should not contain medications.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4763
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron