Mundine to fight John Wayne Parr?????

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Mundine to fight John Wayne Parr?????

Postby Bongalong » 21 Jul 2019, 12:44

"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Mundine to fight John Wayne Parr?????

Postby Dax » 21 Jul 2019, 13:55

Where's no sense there's no feeling and Mundine fits the bill with no sense and a fractured brain that is slowly creeping up on him. He's so close to being punch drunk one more heavy hit and he will be over the edge.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 21 Jul 2019, 14:21

I don't think the officials will let it happen!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 21 Jul 2019, 16:38

The fight, ...which I simply can't believe is allowed to be happening in the first place,.. but anyway..., is to take place at 75 kg which is 4kg heavier than when Mundine got beaten by Jeff Horn.

John Wayne Parr hes definitely won and I don't even see the TAB allowing bets to be placed on it because the Aborginal people don't naturally hold that sort of weight.

:yellow

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/anthony-mundine-will-return-to-the-ring-to-fight-australian-muay-thai-champ-john-wayne-parr/news-story/b3c59b29aec1f467e65f1f4ccb5bf96d
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 22 Jul 2019, 12:53

Dax wrote:Where's no sense there's no feeling and Mundine fits the bill with no sense and a fractured brain that is slowly creeping up on him. He's so close to being punch drunk one more heavy hit and he will be over the edge.

I've seen this happen before. We all know about Mohammad Ali, but there are so many "punch drunk" ex-fighters out there who are ticking time-bombs. I came across it years ago, CTE, not because of boxing, but because of former NFL football players.....dropping like flies, not from old age, but because their minds, & eventually their body, shut down. The thing that caught my eye were the enormous incidents of suicide.

This is what I think Anthony Mondine most probably has.

The disease is called CTE:

Source: WIKIPEDIA
Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a neurodegenerative disease caused by repeated head injuries. Symptoms may include behavioral problems, mood problems, and problems with thinking. Symptoms typically do not begin until years after the injuries. CTE often gets worse over time and can result in dementia.

Mohammad Ali had CTE:

Here is just one of a series videos on the subject involving one of the games (the NFL's) finest players, Junior Seau....I think he was Māori, who ended up taking his own life, most probably due to CTE:

Mohammad Ali fought a fighter named Jerry Quarry............Ali used Quarry's head for target practice in both their fights. Ali was relentless.......Imagine the punishment to Quarry's brain!

Jerry Quarry, 53, Boxer Battered by Years in the Ring, Dies (Link)

Unfortunately, if Mondine has CTE, which I regrettably think he does, sadly.....it's probably already too late.

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 22 Jul 2019, 19:33

for mundine, it's his last hope for a big payday
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DreamRyderX » 23 Jul 2019, 09:42

johnsmith wrote:for mundine, it's his last hope for a big payday

Well if it's for a "Big Payday"....... if he gets his "Big Payday"......... & if he spends it enjoyably, well, that's his life for him to say......happiness is fleeting.....

Better do it quick though, because ex-boxers don't fare too well for too long.....most die 15-30 years younger than the "average" population.....& those that do live longer than those few short years, well they're usually just 1 or 2 steps up from being "vegetative" ..... if that much.

The Human Brain doesn't ever recover once damaged.....No boxer has ever gotten "well" once the one-way decline starts...

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Return to Off Topic