Who believes in Karma?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Who believes in Karma?

Postby Lols » 05 Jul 2019, 23:36

It's an interesting old question, and we have recently been lucky to live to see it work its wonders.

Long story, but, when I said, after mum died, to my bully brother, "No more bad blood in the family, let's be friends"
They all agreed, but alas, because of greed and money, we were ignored, conveniently, because the will was in favour of my brother and his son you see, so since end Feb, early March, we heard no more from them, they never returned my calls or text regarding pleasant conversations etc, since the will was lopsided and mum had vascular dementia, this suited them to ignore me and my family.
How convenient.

So come late May, early June, I get a call from my brother's wife, first thing I said was "Hello stranger, long time no hear"....then she has the waterworks on, thought I wouldn't answer the phone blah blah. Gee, why would she think that I wonder?

Well, then it all comes out, my brother the coward couldn't phone me or contact me himself in the month of May, you see, he found out, he has leukemia.....in other words...bad blood.

And they need me, sister, to help with bone marrow. Amazing isn't it, what karma was that?

I agreed to go get blood test (tissue typing) to see if we are a match and would look into how it all works, and yet, I say I need to not detriment my own health.
Well, I wait, 2 weeks, to hear from the stem cell experts, and finally get a missed call and message, from an expert, but I am on the plane on my way to Singapore (this was booked a year ago).....I call back the next day, and agree to go give sample of blood etc. Then, 2 days later, my children's solicitor get a letter from my brother and his son, they are not agreeing to any fair division of the will and will be keeping it all themselves.

WTF? How does this make sense? What's more important, blood...or money?

Well, I did the tissue typing sample on Tuesday, have to find out results. That was my word, and I stuck to it, unlike my brother, whom has gone against his word. For blood or money? He chose money. Not fairness or friendship, that's all blown.
Now, the stem cell/bone marrow thingy, is a different topic I have been looking it up to inform myself about it, and it's no easy task on a person's body to do it.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Re: Who believes in Karma?

Postby SethBullock » 06 Jul 2019, 05:02

I don't know enough about these medical procedures they're asking you to go through to comment, other than to say that you do have to take care of your own health.

Tough problem, Lols.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Jul 2019, 06:33

I've meet a few people that just don't get if they act one way, then there are repercussions, yes it's a hard situation your in... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jul 2019, 07:03

Yup, hard one.

Look after own health. If you can help then I think you should provided your health stays OK. Family and all that. Hard one.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jul 2019, 04:08

Lols wrote:It's an interesting old question, and we have recently been lucky to live to see it work its wonders.

Long story, but, when I said, after mum died, to my bully brother, "No more bad blood in the family, let's be friends"
They all agreed, but alas, because of greed and money, we were ignored, conveniently, because the will was in favour of my brother and his son you see, so since end Feb, early March, we heard no more from them, they never returned my calls or text regarding pleasant conversations etc, since the will was lopsided and mum had vascular dementia, this suited them to ignore me and my family.
How convenient.

So come late May, early June, I get a call from my brother's wife, first thing I said was "Hello stranger, long time no hear"....then she has the waterworks on, thought I wouldn't answer the phone blah blah. Gee, why would she think that I wonder?

Well, then it all comes out, my brother the coward couldn't phone me or contact me himself in the month of May, you see, he found out, he has leukemia.....in other words...bad blood.

And they need me, sister, to help with bone marrow. Amazing isn't it, what karma was that?

I agreed to go get blood test (tissue typing) to see if we are a match and would look into how it all works, and yet, I say I need to not detriment my own health.
Well, I wait, 2 weeks, to hear from the stem cell experts, and finally get a missed call and message, from an expert, but I am on the plane on my way to Singapore (this was booked a year ago).....I call back the next day, and agree to go give sample of blood etc. Then, 2 days later, my children's solicitor get a letter from my brother and his son, they are not agreeing to any fair division of the will and will be keeping it all themselves.

WTF? How does this make sense? What's more important, blood...or money?

Well, I did the tissue typing sample on Tuesday, have to find out results. That was my word, and I stuck to it, unlike my brother, whom has gone against his word. For blood or money? He chose money. Not fairness or friendship, that's all blown.
Now, the stem cell/bone marrow thingy, is a different topic I have been looking it up to inform myself about it, and it's no easy task on a person's body to do it.

I was smoking dope once and our drug dealer went missing: he had a needle sticking out of his arm in the bathroom... We didn't realise when he said to drive him to the park he was picking up Heroin. There was a little 14 year old kid there who he'd been arguing with and we pleaded with him to call the Ambulance and he didn't want to because they had just been having a real barny with each other before he went and shot up... may have been why he overdosed in the first place because he felt like a no good heroin addict ya know(I didn't know this guy: I got my mate who knew him to fish him out of the tiny cubicle, which he reluctantly did... Bit of a racist arsehole but he saved a life that night or atleast payed a big part in it so I will always give him credit for that: the ambulance guys are the ones who save him).. anyway the point is we eventually convinced this kid that he will never forgive himself if he just let's someone die. So he made the phone call that saved the blokes life.

The correct decision is to save life. You will be so glad you did and your reward will be your soul: no money can match that. What else is life?... but Yes I understand that is a very curious and weirdly rotten predicament i.e. THAT IS ONE SERIOUS CURVEBALL: it's a real test of your character but the answer is clear--> SAVE HIS LIFE BECAUSE YOUR SOUL IS ON THE LINE.

Hope it works out for you. :OMG (This is a test and you will pass.)
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Off Topic