Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia.

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia.

Postby Bongalong » 17 Jun 2019, 16:29

HBS Guy wrote:My Mum got it in her mid 90s. The meal plan I outlined above is working: our GP was staggered that Mum was as lucid as she was last visit.

Had wedges with sour cream and sweet (hardly) chili sauce—and side salads.

Cool man: you are truly doing Gods work!

:Hi

She must enjoy your attention to what's important in life more than words can possibly say.

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2019, 17:42

Yup.

Not gods’ work. There are no gods in fact. But looking after those who brought us into the world.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 17 Jun 2019, 17:53

HBS Guy wrote:Yup.

Not gods’ work. There are no gods in fact. But looking after those who brought us into the world.

Good stuff... :Hi You're an inspiration, infact!!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 18 Jun 2019, 05:07

HBS Guy wrote:Yup.

thank god for atheists.. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2019, 20:46

:rofl :rofl :rofl
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 18 Jun 2019, 22:42

Texan wrote:I think dementia is more hereditary than anything. Nobody in my family tree has had it as far as I know. My wife's family tree has lots of it. Her grandmother and her father both died from it. They were both in their upper 80s when it happened.

I think that's distinctly possible. I also think the lifetime of , well ..living, and surviving, in some cases , takes a toll. As we get older we must use our brains, not pickle it...
OR a little pickling and and a little thinking.. works too.

Umm but it is likely your children could have similar issues . Having skipped your wife so far, I'm hoping you all keep a track, in real time. Umm.. it can only be a good thing.

BUT JUNK FOOD is a killer... to young and old... I never eat it.
Well a Subway a couple of times a year , and Fish and chips about the same.
I had a Wara Sushi TakeAway one afternoon recently, and I swear ( 3 dimsims) I'll never eat from there again.
OK so It took me 15 mins to get it home BUT eeuw…
So cheap so enticing.. tasted like YUK.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jun 2019, 07:02

pinkeye wrote:
Texan wrote:I think dementia is more hereditary than anything. Nobody in my family tree has had it as far as I know. My wife's family tree has lots of it. Her grandmother and her father both died from it. They were both in their upper 80s when it happened.

I think that's distinctly possible. I also think the lifetime of , well ..living, and surviving, in some cases , takes a toll. As we get older we must use our brains, not pickle it...

Umm but it is likely your children could have similar issues . Having skipped your wife so far, I'm hoping you all keep a track, in real time. Umm.. it can only be a good thing.

I had a Wara Sushi TakeAway one afternoon recently, and I swear ( 3 dimsims) I'll never eat from there again.

It's those burger and chicken joints that are the real killers.

Hungry Jacks's, McDonald's, Red Rooster, KFC, etc.

I know people who eat that crap every day, and they don't see the problem with it.

I know of parents who buy their kids fries from McDonald's every day after school.

Insane.

Anyway, Donald Trump is living proof that "Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia".

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 19 Jun 2019, 07:30

pinkeye wrote:

Dementia is a lifestyle/diet disease, not hereditary at all. What is hereditary is lifestyle and diet, so the seeds are sown with upbringing and continuation of a crap diet throughout life. That's why children are now getting it and all you have to do is look at the diets of their parents and their own, to see the truth.

It's the same for just about all illnesses, they all stem from lifestyle and diet choices, to day you can include noise, air and water pollution. Urban humans ingest at least a teaspoon of plastics into their bodies daily because of their never ending use of plastics for everything and they even cook and store food in them, so it's natural their bodies and brains will become effected over time until they no longer function properly.

Yet the science says, every plastic when subjected to higher temperature changes, produces toxic gases and chemicals, including oestrogen. This is creating many species to mutate in water ways and on land, including humans and because for some insane reason humanity doesn't believe they are animals, they take no notice of any science which asks them to change to a better way. It's just more of the same and it won't effect me insanity the vast majority live by.

I have a long term friend who was diagnosed with bladder cancer almost a year ago, he was told if he stopped smoking gave away fast food, drunk pure water and exercised by doctors, he would survive. He may lose part of his bladder, but would be alive and reasonably well for a long time.

All he listened to was that he would be alright, did nothing but complain about what was happening and continued to smoke. I gave him a number of scientific articles which showed the worst thing you can do with bladder cancer, is smoke and drink rum and coke. Now he has started palliative care and will be lucky to last another few weeks, yet he is still in denial and blames everyone else for his problems, but like everyone else, refuses to take responsibility for his life choices.

Human mental and biological health will continue to deteriorate until society becomes totally fractured, that's if nature hasn't put a stop to human ideological idiocy and denial, by removing the nature destroying disease called humanity.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 19 Jun 2019, 08:37

Dax wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Dementia is a lifestyle/diet disease, not hereditary at all. What is hereditary is lifestyle and diet, so the seeds are sown with upbringing and continuation of a crap diet throughout life. That's why children are now getting it and all you have to do is look at the diets of their parents and their own, to see the truth.

It's the same for just about all illnesses, they all stem from lifestyle and diet choices, to day you can include noise, air and water pollution. Urban humans ingest at least a teaspoon of plastics into their bodies daily because of their never ending use of plastics for everything and they even cook and store food in them, so it's natural their bodies and brains will become effected over time until they no longer function properly.

Yet the science says, every plastic when subjected to higher temperature changes, produces toxic gases and chemicals, including oestrogen. This is creating many species to mutate in water ways and on land, including humans and because for some insane reason humanity doesn't believe they are animals, they take no notice of any science which asks them to change to a better way. It's just more of the same and it won't effect me insanity the vast majority live by.

I have a long term friend who was diagnosed with bladder cancer almost a year ago, he was told if he stopped smoking gave away fast food, drunk pure water and exercised by doctors, he would survive. He may lose part of his bladder, but would be alive and reasonably well for a long time.

All he listened to was that he would be alright, did nothing but complain about what was happening and continued to smoke. I gave him a number of scientific articles which showed the worst thing you can do with bladder cancer, is smoke and drink rum and coke. Now he has started palliative care and will be lucky to last another few weeks, yet he is still in denial and blames everyone else for his problems, but like everyone else, refuses to take responsibility for his life choices.

Human mental and biological health will continue to deteriorate until society becomes totally fractured, that's if nature hasn't put a stop to human ideological idiocy and denial, by removing the nature destroying disease called humanity.

My wife's father and grandmother both grew up on farms and grew their own food for their entire lives. My father in law retired from an insurance company, but he kept a 1/2 acre garden until he was about 84 years old using his father's 1953 Ford tractor with all of the implements. He was very frugal and rarely went out to eat. A lot of their meat was also home grown. My father in law and his mother both died from complications of Alzheimer's.

My parents both lived and worked in the suburbs and ate out often because they were too busy to cook at times. They are very mentally sharp and none of their family has ever had issues with dementia. My dad was a carpenter and his work was very physical and he stayed in excellent physical shape because of it. When I was growing up, I went to the gym with my dad 3-4 nights a week to play basketball. Maybe physical activity has something to do with it. My dad played basketball up into his mid 50s with the youngsters. My father in law worked as a computer operator in an air conditioned office his whole career. He only exercised when he was tending his garden.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 09:05

We are not able to say what causes dementia yet. Not only that, there are more than one type of dementia.

All I suggest is—eat a bowl of green leafy veges EVERY day. Keeps the mind going. Probably eat more white meat, chicken and fish, than red.

Also with regards to the little grey cells it is use it or lose it as you get older: read books that challenge you, read up on . Do 10 minutes of word puzzles before you turn the light off and go to sleep, etc. Learn some subject you liked but didn’t go further into. I plan to get back into maths: algebra and analytic geometry to get back into those, venture into calculus again then vectors and tensors—branches of maths in which 1 + 2 is not always equal to 2 + 1. Fun!

Need a new computer. Instead of a new laptop might get an iMac with 20" screen, can plot functions on that nice and easy. Also must learn a simple CAD package for designing house and garden.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 19 Jun 2019, 10:40

Texan wrote:
Dax wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

My wife's father and grandmother both grew up on farms and grew their own food for their entire lives. My father in law retired from an insurance company, but he kept a 1/2 acre garden until he was about 84 years old using his father's 1953 Ford tractor with all of the implements. He was very frugal and rarely went out to eat. A lot of their meat was also home grown. My father in law and his mother both died from complications of Alzheimer's.

My parents both lived and worked in the suburbs and ate out often because they were too busy to cook at times. They are very mentally sharp and none of their family has ever had issues with dementia. My dad was a carpenter and his work was very physical and he stayed in excellent physical shape because of it. When I was growing up, I went to the gym with my dad 3-4 nights a week to play basketball. Maybe physical activity has something to do with it. My dad played basketball up into his mid 50s with the youngsters. My father in law worked as a computer operator in an air conditioned office his whole career. He only exercised when he was tending his garden.

Exercise has a lot to do with mental and physical health and there have been studies which have shown dementia occurs more frequently in those who don't do much exercise. Those surveys which were made in the 1980's, also showed the eating of diaries and red meats contributes to the onset of dementia, as did ultra processed foods.

Dementia is a long term problem, you don't just get it, it takes decades to develop and sedentary lifestyle are major contributors. When you add the crap junk diet the majority consume, it's a perfect storm for creating debilitating illness and disease.

I'm in my mid 70's, run every morning, exercise, do weights and walk heaps at home and when it urban areas, park my car and walk everywhere, even if it's a klm or so from where I am and even further back to the car. In fact make the effort to make sure I have a walk to every where I go. Totally different to those I know my age and decades younger, where just about everyone drives, even just a couple of hundred metres. Have watched kids being driven to school, just down the road and eating junk on the way there and back. That's a wonderful way to develop good health and fitness in children and be a responsible adult, which have yet to see in this day and age.

If dementia was hereditary, why is it increasing, even in the young and as for not knowing what cause it, that's been known for decades. But governments, the pharmaceutical industry and corporate world suppress any evidence that will divulge the truth around what pharmaceuticals and fast food does to the human body and brains chemical balances.

We went from clean organic foods to chemically saturated junk foods. That's aligned with the growth in cancers, mental instability, dementia, osteoporosis, organ failure, heart organ deterioration and viruses. Denying there is no correlation, is no different to all the other things humans are denying, which are real and coming to get them.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019 ... t/11216306

"They're cheap to produce, designed to last for a long time without spoiling, convenient and engineered to taste delicious.
But ultra-processed foods are increasingly being recognised as unhealthy — even aside from the high salt, fat and sugar content that most of them usually have.
Last month, researchers showed a cause-and-effect relationship between ultra-processed food and weight gain.
A couple of weeks later, two more studies linked these foods with disease and death.

According to the NOVA system, examples of typical ultra-processed products are:

Sweet or savoury packaged snacks; ice-cream, chocolate, candies (confectionery); mass-produced packaged breads and buns; margarines and spreads; cookies (biscuits), pastries, cakes, and cake mixes; breakfast 'cereals', 'cereal' and 'energy' bars; 'energy' drinks; milk drinks, 'fruit' yoghurts and 'fruit' drinks; cocoa drinks; meat and chicken extracts and 'instant' sauces; infant formulas, follow-on milks, other baby products; 'health' and 'slimming' products such as powdered or 'fortified' meal and dish substitutes; and many ready-to-heat products including pre-prepared pies and pasta and pizza dishes; poultry and fish 'nuggets' and 'sticks', sausages, burgers, hot dogs, and other reconstituted meat products, and powdered and packaged 'instant' soups, noodles and desserts."

That's only a small number of ultra processed foods and just about everyone consumes them daily. One of the most destructive supposed foods, is diary products and they are in everything single bit of processed foods you stuff yourselves with daily.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Jun 2019, 10:48

There are so many diferants thought on what combinations of food to eator not eat...
One thing I notice every dietician and nutritionist and every person concerned about diet is they all agree that processed food is bad, and the more processed the worse it is for you...

i personally try to follow for a better name a Paleo Diet and intermittent fasting and these 2 work well for me, i'm not arrogant enough to think it will work for anyone else though, so if someone asks for my advise i'll tell them what i do....that's really all we can do... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jun 2019, 10:58

DonDeeHippy wrote:There are so many diferants thought on what combinations of food to eator not eat...
One thing I notice every dietician and nutritionist and every person concerned about diet is they all agree that processed food is bad, and the more processed the worse it is for you...

i personally try to follow for a better name a Paleo Diet and intermittent fasting and these 2 work well for me, i'm not arrogant enough to think it will work for anyone else though, so if someone asks for my advise i'll tell them what i do....that's really all we can do... :purple

The Mediterranean diet, for me, is the way to go.

Fish, olive oil, fresh veges, and a little wine.

Nice :)
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jun 2019, 11:16

greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:There are so many diferants thought on what combinations of food to eator not eat...

The Mediterranean diet, for me, is the way to go.

Fish, olive oil, fresh veges, and a little wine.

Nice :)

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 11:47

Med diet is pretty good.

Dieticians but also nutritionists don’t know much, waste of time listening.

Some things are surprising: you would think buying, say, orange juice instead of coke would be healthy but nope, need the whole fruit, pulp as well as juice. High fructose corn syrups are the cause of the plague of obesity sweepign the developed world, bad.

Chinese diet—eating lots of boiled rice is probably not good but quick stirfries are probably fine. I like chinese and would notlike to do without.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Jun 2019, 11:53

HBS Guy wrote:Med diet is pretty good.

Dieticians but also nutritionists don’t know much, waste of time listening.

Some things are surprising: you would think buying, say, orange juice instead of coke would be healthy but nope, need the whole fruit, pulp as well as juice. High fructose corn syrups are the cause of the plague of obesity sweepign the developed world, bad.

Chinese diet—eating lots of boiled rice is probably not good but quick stirfries are probably fine. I like chinese and would notlike to do without.

Yeah, orange juice is nasty stuff.

Terrible for your teeth, too.

Ask any dentist and they'll tell you that orange juice keeps them pretty busy.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 18:32

Most juices are like that. Juice at home, add pulp (and seeds, bit of pith etc) back to the juice. A drink with body, taste and good for you.

The wholesale nursery in Tas replied—I can have seedless Flame red grapes grown as a climber! Yum! Fresh grapes, grape juice, grape mead. . .
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 19 Jun 2019, 18:50

HBS Guy wrote:Yum! Fresh grapes, grape juice, grape mead. .

YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ................ WINE
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 18:57

Not from table grapes! So much good wine in Tassie, and beer, gin and whiskey!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 19 Jun 2019, 19:02

HBS Guy wrote:Not from table grapes! So much good wine in Tassie, and beer, gin and whiskey!

home made wine it tastes different to anything you buy. At the very least buy the grapes directly from the vineyard and make your own
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 19:23

Jesus! I will be picking, storing, washing, milling, pressing apples and pears, you want me to crush and press grapes too?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 19 Jun 2019, 20:12

HBS Guy wrote:Jesus! I will be picking, storing, washing, milling, pressing apples and pears, you want me to crush and press grapes too?

use your feet ... it's good fun

or better yet, get some local damsel to do it for you. :rofl
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 21:41

They will crush the grapes totally fucking flat! And add ringworm to the juice! Eurgh!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 20 Jun 2019, 00:34

Dax wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Hear ! Hear!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 20 Jun 2019, 00:41

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Yum! Fresh grapes, grape juice, grape mead. .

YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ................ WINE

:thumb

the redder the better
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic