Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia.

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia.

Postby Dax » 16 Jun 2019, 07:10

"Eating fast food can cause irreversible dementia, a study warns.

The research found the average person is eating an extra 650 calories a day compared to 1970s, which is the equivalent of a burger, soft drink and fries.

Australian National University's professor Nicolas Cherbuin and his team found strong evidence linking unhealthy eating habits and little-to-no physical activity to a decline in brain function, such as dementia and brain shrinkage.

'People are eating away at their brain with a really bad fast-food diet and little-to-no exercise,' says professor Cherbuin."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... warns.html

Just what Iv'e been saying for decades and no one listened, but the facts are coming in and to someone with a brain, is the reason why people are going crazy. Every piece of food they consume from a shop is contaminated, chemically saturated and sending everyone crazy. But as will climate change, environmental destruction and population growth, this will be ignored, as the god nutter and PC crowd go more insane, societies will collapse rapidly and the clones will just continue down the path to oblivion.

When you add junk chemical diets, which the medical profession and governments ignore, along with climate change predictions being 100 years behind the reality. We have the ingredients for a perfect storm of human insanity deteriorating health and collapsing envrio0nment.
Dax
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Re: Eating fast food causes irreversible dementia.

Postby greggerypeccary » 16 Jun 2019, 07:39

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jun 2019, 07:50

yup Alzheimer's is starting to be know at Diabetes type 3 and mainly diet related... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 16 Jun 2019, 14:46

greggerypeccary wrote:Image

It's well known- and has been for a long long time in fact- that all American presidents eat maccas :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 16 Jun 2019, 16:47

Why do you think the people of the USA are so insane and obsessed with violence and guns. They have a total junk food chemically saturated diet, it's almost impossible to get good clean food there, there is organics, but their definition of organics in lots of places it's more like what here they class as health foods and that's junk.

Look at Europe, riots, idiotic politicians who don't have a clue, political and corporate attacks on freedoms, growing crime especially assaults, home and business invasions, road rage and domestic violence from both sexes. Add growing illness and sudden death amongst younger and younger people, who are getting ailments and illnesses that once were the realm of the very aged. A logical thinking person would see the reality of the situation.

There is growing dementia in kids, obesity, diabetes 2, dementia, pancreatic cancers, bowl cancers and the list goes on. Fifty years ago, those problems in kids were rare. Then we have the screen generation, everything is done with a phone in their faces and most photos they take are selfies.

Our health services can't cope with the massive increase in medical incidents, chemical reactions, allergies, food poisoning, drug overdoses and violent injury. When you add it all up, it's diet,lifestyle and religion that's sending the world insane, the trigger is junk, takeaway, fast, processed foods, it's also the cause.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 17 Jun 2019, 00:16

Absolutely agree.

We are what we eat. And drink.

As an older person, I see nothing good for the Junk food generation. I actually remember when the first McDonalds opened in Australia. Well, it was in Melbourne back in the 1970's.. I don't know actually if it was the FIRST in Australia, BUT... everyone wanted to try it out.

I approached the burger with gusto, and then...? very different. Umm YUK. Later I didn't feel well. If I have had even ONE other since then?? I don't remember. Like KFC. Tried it.. made me feel sick. I cook all my own food , pretty much.
Fish and chips once in a blue moon, Subway when I'm hungry and tired...

I am not fat/obese.

It may well be that we lose much more than half of the junk food generation... we can hope those that come after, learn. But it's a generational thing really. I try to get to my local shop sometimes, after school closing hours. The entry is congested and cars were waiting, while cars tried to drive-in to the McD's ... parents with kids on board at 3.15 pm. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2019, 00:31

Eat some leafy greens everyday, really seems to keep the greymatter pulsing. Salad (lettuce, herbs + toms, cukes etc) wilted spinach or baby spinach, kale (salad or cooked) or other brassicas (turnip is a brassica but not a leafy green one, still good in stews etc) or endive, lots of different green leafy chinese veges, etc. Really helps. Rarely eat takeaway food but had a chinese meal delivered last week (joints hurting too much to cook) and ordered a green veg side with it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 17 Jun 2019, 00:40

:thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2019, 00:54

Then, get a dog and walk it! Dogs are fantastic for you in so many ways. Walking is fantastic—including for the brain.

To look after your gut flora—wholegrain products, bread made from the whole grain, oatmeal for breakfast in winter (apple butter and oatmeal a marriage made in heaven) amd make some Anzac biscuits (cookies) outside of wintertime. Drinking/eating “probiotic” food/drinks (coleslaw etc) does not put more bugs in your gut—the pool of hydrochloric acid kills them. Eat wholegrain products.

Fruit is good, raspberry/blueberry/red currants etc. Oranges—if juicing I always add the pulo back to the juice else all you have is acid tooth remover, limited food value. Apples, unpeeled. Vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and other good things.

None of these in a Big Mac: a leaf or two of hydroponic iceberg is not gonna do much! Subs are better or salad sandwiches (ham and salad, yum!)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 06:35

Bongalong wrote:

It's well known- and has been for a long long time in fact- that all American presidents eat maccas :bike :bike

I've never understood the fascination with McDonald's "food".

It's awful stuff.

It's so sad to see people lining up at McDonald's (and Red Rooster, Hungry Jack's, etc.) in a food hall, when there are so many healthier, fresher, and tastier options available.

Airports are particularly bad - all over the world there are queues at the McDonald's outlets, while the much better places only have one or two customers.

Jesus, the last thing I'd want before getting on a plane is a Big Mac!
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 17 Jun 2019, 07:36

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

I've never understood the fascination with McDonald's "food".

It's awful stuff.

It's so sad to see people lining up at McDonald's (and Red Rooster, Hungry Jack's, etc.) in a food hall, when there are so many healthier, fresher, and tastier options available.

Airports are particularly bad - all over the world there are queues at the McDonald's outlets, while the much better places only have one or two customers.

Jesus, the last thing I'd want before getting on a plane is a Big Mac!

I shudder when I see the Free Mc Donald's at the Olympic villages.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 08:03

DonDeeHippy wrote:I shudder when I see the Free Mc Donald's at the Olympic villages.... :purple

Okay, I didn't know what you were talking about, so I had to Google that.

"Free McDonald’s has long been a perk for Olympic athletes, with the fast-food chain being forced to limit orders to 20 items at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games due to intense demand."

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/winter-olympics-2018-will-have-free-mcdonalds-for-athletes-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

That's insane.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 17 Jun 2019, 10:39

greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I shudder when I see the Free Mc Donald's at the Olympic villages.... :purple

"Free McDonald’s has long been a perk for Olympic athletes, with the fast-food chain being forced to limit orders to 20 items at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games due to intense demand."

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/winter-olympics-2018-will-have-free-mcdonalds-for-athletes-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

That's insane.

Nope it's called profit growth at any cost and fully supported by governments and health professionals. eating any form of processed foods, especially things like ham, dairies and processed breads, which even thought they claim them to be wholegrain, sour dough or wholemeal, are heavily saturated with chemicals, they all use processed flours and you only have to read what's in those flours and the bread ingredients to see the truth. Things like the toothpaste you all devour, all chemicals and all bad for your body, as are artificial sweeteners, which are in all your processed manufactured foods, along with dairies, which are toxic to the body.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 10:44

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

Nope it's called profit growth at any cost and fully supported by governments and health professionals.

As I said, insane.

I don't think health professionals would be supporting athletes eating McDonald's, though.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 17 Jun 2019, 10:56

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

Nope it's called profit growth at any cost and fully supported by governments and health professionals.

As I said, insane.

I don't think health professionals would be supporting athletes eating McDonald's, though.

Really ever taken notice of what health professionals eat, just look at the huge number of obese health workers, many smoke tobacco, the meals they eat in hospitals consist of takeaways. Look at the food places near hospitals and medical areas and see who gets their foods from them, all it takes is for you to open your eyes and observe what is actually happening, rather than head in the sand, not happening approach to life.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 10:58

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

As I said, insane.

Really ...

Yes, really.

Do you have any quotes from health professionals saying it's a good idea for athlete's to eat McDonald's "food"?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 11:04

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 11:08

https://www.the42.ie/british-doctors-blast-mcdonalds-olympic-sponsorship-435722-May2012/

"MCDONALD’S IS A sponsor for the London Olympics — and a British doctors’ group says that’s sending the wrong message in a country with ballooning obesity."
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 17 Jun 2019, 12:27

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

As I said, insane.

Really ...

Yes, really.

Do you have any quotes from health professionals saying it's a good idea for athlete's to eat McDonald's "food"?

Grow up, of course they don't encourage it, but they never tell people to stop and you only have to look at their diets and lifestyles to see the hypocrisy of the medical profession, particularly when it comes to dispensing drugs when they should be dispensing good diets and lifestyles and showing by example what can be achieved. Like all clones, they say one thing do another then have a go at those who don't adhere to their stupidity.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 17 Jun 2019, 13:18

greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

Mate a double cheeesburger with your bourbon and coke aint gonna kill ya! :c
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 17 Jun 2019, 13:21

greggerypeccary wrote:https://www.the42.ie/british-doctors-blast-mcdonalds-olympic-sponsorship-435722-May2012/

"MCDONALD’S IS A sponsor for the London Olympics — and a British doctors’ group says that’s sending the wrong message in a country with ballooning obesity."

I'm not saying it's right , however :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :c
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Texan » 17 Jun 2019, 13:34

I think dementia is more hereditary than anything. Nobody in my family tree has had it as far as I know. My wife's family tree has lots of it. Her grandmother and her father both died from it. They were both in their upper 80s when it happened.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 17 Jun 2019, 13:37

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

That's insane.

Mate a double cheeesburger with your bourbon and coke aint gonna kill ya! :c

It's hardly the type of food that athletes should be eating, especially while they're at an event.

I never knew about McDonald's supplying free crap to Olympic athletes before today.

I'm genuinely shocked :b
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 17 Jun 2019, 13:41

I, too, do admit to being genuinely shocked at that little nugget of truth. I think I can even admit to being more than a little scared by it aswell!! :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Jun 2019, 16:24

My Mum got it in her mid 90s. The meal plan I outlined above is working: our GP was staggered that Mum was as lucid as she was last visit.

Had wedges with sour cream and sweet (hardly) chili sauce—and side salads.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Off Topic