Juian Assange Arrested

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Juian Assange Arrested

Postby johnsmith » 11 Apr 2019, 19:22

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested and removed from the Ecuadorian embassy in London, the Metropolitan Police Service says.

More to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-arrested-in-london/10995280

About time :thumb

However, I am curious what our American members think about Julian Assange.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Re: Juian Assange Arrested

Postby Aussie » 11 Apr 2019, 20:01

I am happy if this triggers a finality. "Hiding" in an Embassy was never a long term solution. Ecuador had enough of their freeloader. I would have lost my congeniality with him years ago. Let's see Justice unfurl, one way or another.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 11 Apr 2019, 23:38

When I heard the report my reaction was sort of a "ho hum".

So I just think he should be afforded due process like anyone else and let the outcome be what it may.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 12 Apr 2019, 11:45

johnsmith wrote:

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested and removed from the Ecuadorian embassy in London, the Metropolitan Police Service says.

More to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-arrested-in-london/10995280

I am curious as to why you think this is kosher!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 12 Apr 2019, 15:49

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

More to come.

I am curious as to why you think this is kosher!

why what is kosher?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 14 Apr 2019, 21:12

I think he means the incarceration and maltreatment of a whistleblower. Not just your average whistleblower either. Just the biggest ever. After what happened to Manning I don't blame him trying to stay out of the hands of the renditioners.

Australian Government should be heard... but they and the Opposition are as quiet as 'church mouses'... :roll

Everyone owes Julian Assange the right to dignity, and recognition of the role he has played in Wikileaks. He hasn't won any prizes, made any money, or gained any favour.... just a torturous existence.

Don't let all this suffering and genuine concern be for nothing.
If nothing else, he IS AN AUSTRALIAN. WE should look after his interests. Of course, THAT would indeed be something WORTHY of spruiking in , say, an Election campaign.

See, we ( Australians) have been made afraid, by the big end of town. Don't believe all the lies, and look to people like Julian Assange , IF ,, and that is the question,... IF we want to have a better society.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 15 Apr 2019, 15:40

pinkeye wrote:Everyone owes Julian Assange the right to dignity, and recognition of the role he has played in Wikileaks.

i owe him nothing except my condemnation and ridicule
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 15 Apr 2019, 17:31

pinkeye wrote:I think he means the incarceration and maltreatment of a whistleblower. Not just your average whistleblower either. Just the biggest ever. After what happened to Manning I don't blame him trying to stay out of the hands of the renditioners.

Australian Government should be heard... but they and the Opposition are as quiet as 'church mouses'... :roll

Everyone owes Julian Assange the right to dignity, and recognition of the role he has played in Wikileaks. He hasn't won any prizes, made any money, or gained any favour.... just a torturous existence.

If nothing else, he IS AN AUSTRALIAN. WE should look after his interests. Of course, THAT would indeed be something WORTHY of spruiking in , say, an Election campaign.

See, we ( Australians) have been made afraid, by the big end of town. Don't believe all the lies, and look to people like Julian Assange , IF ,, and that is the question,... IF we want to have a better society.

Good posting, I agree
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Apr 2019, 21:20

Wikileaks posted stuff about leftwing governments, never revealed embarrassing stuff about right wing governments. He should face trial on the Swedish rape allegations, Yes, we should offer consular assistance and protest moves to extradite him to the US and that is it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 15 Apr 2019, 23:47

Sprintcyclist wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I think he means the incarceration and maltreatment of a whistleblower. Not just your average whistleblower either. Just the biggest ever. After what happened to Manning I don't blame him trying to stay out of the hands of the renditioners.

Good posting, I agree

HBS Guy wrote:Wikileaks posted stuff about leftwing governments, never revealed embarrassing stuff about right wing governments. He should face trial on the Swedish rape allegations, Yes, we should offer consular assistance and protest moves to extradite him to the US and that is it.

I don't think I agree with you HBS Guy, about what Wikileaks released, but then I can't claim to have read them. Did you..?

AND we owe much more than the bare minimum you'd approve of.

This man put his life on the line for the world...!!!!!!
did you see that video footage of civilians be mowed down, knowingly, and gleefully...?? by US troops FROM THEIR HELICOPTER.?? .

tHAT ONE THING ALONE .. makes any attempt to send him to the US,,, absolutely untenable. ! NO ... :stop :stop :grn

SAy HBS GUY.. if YOU WANT TO CONDEMN HIM, YOU ARE

NOT MY JOB. But I do not take to he position of government, be they British Swedish or American.

But I feel strongly the need to comment on this very important issue. I guss that means I'm on JULIAN'S SIDE.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 15 Apr 2019, 23:50

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Everyone owes Julian Assange the right to dignity, and recognition of the role he has played in Wikileaks.

i owe him nothing except my condemnation and ridicule

Hmm.. actually he has been given awards... not everyone believes what you do, JS.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Apr 2019, 06:01

HBS Guy wrote:Wikileaks posted stuff about leftwing governments, never revealed embarrassing stuff about right wing governments. He should face trial on the Swedish rape allegations, Yes, we should offer consular assistance and protest moves to extradite him to the US and that is it.

Isnt the rape allegation pretty dodgy, if I remember he was having sex with the woman and he came in her and she didn't want him to come in her, or was it no condom... it was tried thrown out of court then later reintroduced after he was on the run from the yanks.... id be worried too. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 16 Apr 2019, 12:26

How can you have sex with a guy and tell him not to come ? :scare :PC :PC :PC :b
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 16 Apr 2019, 13:11

DonDeeHippy wrote:

Isnt the rape allegation pretty dodgy, if I remember he was having sex with the woman and he came in her and she didn't want him to come in her, or was it no condom... it was tried thrown out of court then later reintroduced after he was on the run from the yanks.... id be worried too. :purple

"Read all about it."

Link.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Return to Off Topic