Japan to sterilize transgenders

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Japan to sterilize transgenders

Postby Miranda » 16 Mar 2019, 18:09

A transgender woman who identifies as a man has sued Japan's Supreme Court over a ruling earlier this year that requires sterilization before the state will officially recognize someone as the opposite gender, reports The Economist.

Takakito Usui has sued the court over the requirement that in order to be recognized as a man, she has to have her ovaries and uterus removed, as well as have surgery to turn her vagina into a penis. Applicants must also be over 20-years-old, single, have no minor children, and have been diagnosed as suffering from "gender-identity disorder."

read more... https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... ecognition
Miranda
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Re: Japan to sterilize transgenders

Postby Sprintcyclist » 17 Mar 2019, 00:00

good on the japanese
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 17 Mar 2019, 05:06

Sprintcyclist wrote:good on the japanese

GROSS
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 17 Mar 2019, 07:38

I don't care what gender somebody feels like. They are what they are. I do recognize that there are a few people who are born with male AND female bits and their DNA usually bears this out. For them, I wish them every advantage to figure themselves out. Otherwise, I resent my tax dollars funding gender reassignment surgeries and hormone treatments.

How they recognize or fail to recognize gender "reassignments" is up to the people of Japan. They are the ones to put up with the issue.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby Miranda » 17 Mar 2019, 08:17

I resent my tax dollars funding gender reassignment surgeries and hormone treatments.

Why, when ii solves a deeply troubling identity crisis and costs less than the health care for obesity?
Miranda
Feral cat

Postby Texan » 17 Mar 2019, 11:04

Miranda wrote:I resent my tax dollars funding gender reassignment surgeries and hormone treatments.

Why, when ii solves a deeply troubling identity crisis and costs less than the health care for obesity?

Why would i spend $50k on a gender reassignment surgery after years of hormone therapy and then have a huge number number of them commit suicide or go on depression meds when the whole thing was a mental health problem to start with.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby Sprintcyclist » 17 Mar 2019, 15:41

Miranda wrote:I resent my tax dollars funding gender reassignment surgeries and hormone treatments.

it is not my problem.

if they want to invent this garbage, they can pay for it
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby Miranda » 17 Mar 2019, 15:49

Texan wrote:

Why would i spend $50k on a gender reassignment surgery after years of hormone therapy and then have a huge number number of them commit suicide or go on depression meds when the whole thing was a mental health problem to start with.

I'm assuming you have the stats to back up that claim that a huge number number of them commit suicide as to depression... many people survive on antidepressants... we are collectively a mentally unwell world.
Miranda
Feral cat

Postby Sprintcyclist » 17 Mar 2019, 16:50

Miranda wrote:
Texan wrote:

I'm assuming you have the stats to back up that claim that a huge number number of them commit suicide as to depression... many people survive on antidepressants... we are collectively a mentally unwell world.

that is because we support mental unwellness by handing out free medication
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 17 Mar 2019, 19:45

Miranda wrote:
Texan wrote:

A quick google search shows that transgender people are over 20 times as likely to attempt suicide.

hthttps://www.livescience.com/11208-hig ... 110833.htm
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby Texan » 18 Mar 2019, 03:32

President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 18 Mar 2019, 14:50

Miranda wrote:
Texan wrote:

--> You're a freak: you know that don't you! :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 20 Mar 2019, 10:50

The majority of these supposed transgender people are suffering from mental illness, especially those who only want to change later in life. It all boils down to the disgusting diet they consume, which alters the hormonal and chemical balance of the body. There is so much oestrogen leaching from dairies and plastic products, it's no wonder many species of water life are becoming hermaphrodite and it's the same with humans. Just another example of how stuffed the human race has become.
Dax
Cheetah

Return to Off Topic