People Doing Good Things

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: People Doing Good Things

Postby SethBullock » 19 Feb 2019, 14:53

Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check

A police officer in New Jersey left a touching note for a waitress – along with a $100 tip – after learning she was pregnant with her first child, according to the server’s father.

Brian Cadigan, of Sewell, N.J., shared the sweet story on Facebook over the weekend, posting a picture of the officer’s receipt and praising him for his generous act.

“You always hear about how bad the police are, how they treated you like dirt, how they are on a power trip,” Cadigan began his post. “Yes I am sure there are some bad apples, but most of them are just doing their jobs, they deal with the worst of society every day and have to keep going back [every day] and deal with it all over again.”

Cadigan then went on to praise the police, in general, for the things they do that “most people will never know about” before sharing the story of his daughter’s run-in with the officer who walked into the Lamp Post Diner in Gloucester Township on Friday.

“My daughter is a waitress at a local diner, she is also 7 months pregnant and working still to save as much money as she can,” Cadigan wrote, explaining that the young woman attended to the lone, “pleasant” officer who came in alone for lunch.

When he was done, Cadigan said the officer signed the check and “left her a $100 tip on a $9.00 ticket and the note simply said ‘Enjoy your first, you will never forget it.’”

“What a wonderful person to not only leave a VERY generous tip, but a lovely message,” he wrote. “I don't know you [Mr.] Police Officer, but you made my little girl cry, and made her year.

“Thank you, I always had the utmost respect for Officers, but you went above and beyond not just an officer, but a beautiful human being. God Bless.”

Cadigan has since confirmed to Fox News that the officer who left the tip would like to remain anonymous.

“We love our police officers, and they are always cast in a bad light, sometimes justifiably,” he told Fox News. “I'm just glad that people see that they are real live human beings behind the badge, and strive to do good.”

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/poli ... n-on-check

Tip.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 19 Feb 2019, 21:31

great story

she'll remember that for the rest of her life.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 08 Mar 2019, 07:15

“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 25 Dec 2019, 09:20

SethBullock
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Dec 2019, 14:37

Nice. People and dogs, eh?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 18 Jan 2020, 19:51

I wanted to talk of this and I think this topic is the right place.
We went to a funeral yesterday, a friend, only 6 months age difference to us, had finally succumbed to MND (motor neurone disease).
Now I know this thread is about people doing good things, even after dying, so our friend that passed away, never complained once during his last 2 years as this awful disease took hold and deteriorated him over time.
He and his wife had previously lost a 23 yr old son in a plane crash, as he was overseas in Africa I think it was, building up the hours flying to be a commercial airline pilot.
The plane malfunctioned just after take off, crashed and burned, both the 23 yr old and another 40 yr old pilot died and were horifically burnt.
So there is that situation in our friends life to cope and adjust with their other 2 sons.
If that wasn’t bad enough to happen to one family, then along comes MND.
He noticed when he went to turn the key in the ignition, his arm had no strength.
So from there, it was all downhill until this week, and he is gone.

The one thing that was so amazing, such a beautiful message, to come from someone like him, his choosing, was when the pall bearers were carrying him out, the song “always look on the bright side of life” was played.

That is so admirable and will stay with me and will just sing that song when I feel the chips are down, as a tonic.
Will always remember our friend and his ability to cope.
Bless
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jan 2020, 20:05

Great idea!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 19 Jan 2020, 14:49

I think Seth making this thread was a good thing: :beer

Welcome to Australia anytime, mate: you could even try Perth :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi !!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jan 2020, 17:38

Yeah, don’t come to SA or your picked body in a barrel may be discovered in a bank vault.

Did happen to a few people, some predator wanted their social security checks.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 19 Jan 2020, 19:40

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah, don’t come to SA or your picked body in a barrel may be discovered in a bank vault.

Did happen to a few people, some predator wanted their social security checks.

Nasty, but the Bernies came from WA so I suppose that makes us even :OMG :scare :scare :scare :scare :scare
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 23:05

Lols wrote:I wanted to talk of this and I think this topic is the right place.
We went to a funeral yesterday, a friend, only 6 months age difference to us, had finally succumbed to MND (motor neurone disease).
Now I know this thread is about people doing good things, even after dying, so our friend that passed away, never complained once during his last 2 years as this awful disease took hold and deteriorated him over time.
He and his wife had previously lost a 23 yr old son in a plane crash, as he was overseas in Africa I think it was, building up the hours flying to be a commercial airline pilot.
The plane malfunctioned just after take off, crashed and burned, both the 23 yr old and another 40 yr old pilot died and were horifically burnt.
So there is that situation in our friends life to cope and adjust with their other 2 sons.
If that wasn’t bad enough to happen to one family, then along comes MND.
He noticed when he went to turn the key in the ignition, his arm had no strength.
So from there, it was all downhill until this week, and he is gone.

The one thing that was so amazing, such a beautiful message, to come from someone like him, his choosing, was when the pall bearers were carrying him out, the song “always look on the bright side of life” was played.

That is so admirable and will stay with me and will just sing that song when I feel the chips are down, as a tonic.
Will always remember our friend and his ability to cope.
Bless

Sorry to hear of that. Perhaps it a lesson we all need to learn.
I have lost all my family to long-term degenerative diseases. Leukaemia , Lymphoma, Ganglio-neuroblastoma, Parkinson's Disease.
Dementia13. Oh and stroke. Seems blood cancers run in the family.

I've lost friends to murder, suicide … it is a big and dangerous world.

We all think that life is there to be seized. ( pls forgive the generalisation.. some do not )

AND as youths, LIFE offers us so much … but it is never safe. No guarantees.
When we are young we have no real concept of death, or dying, usually.. Not really.
Absences may not be noticed, as a young child.

Our brains aren't fully mature until around the age of 24.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Previous

Return to Off Topic