I wanna apologise to Texan

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

I wanna apologise to Texan

Postby fisherman » 04 Nov 2018, 10:01

I was not trying to get you worked up against the others, but I was being a dick to you a few times. I was annoyed with you several times. I pressed you down for a few times for no reason.

I really want to say sorry because not many people out there are that they will go and write this to someone that tells them they're a bullshit crock or something:

I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but here is my advice for his forum.

Pick one topic that you are an absolute master of. Pare down the forum to just that topic and seed it with many relevant topics. Start going to similar forums, and instead of inviting people to go to your forum, post on that topic and establish yourself as a good resource. Post links on topics in the similar forum that are covered in your forum. When they see that your site has good information and they trust that you are not a space cadet, maybe they will be inclined to join.

Your current forum has all kinds of cool topical categories, but it's an empty shell and nobody wants to be your guinea pig.

I sat and thought that always my success was when I did that. With all my businesses. One of my first businesses actually started like that by accident. I was the first so I made really good money out of it. It's the same with websites and I know it. It's just... I often kind of want to forget it and think otherwise. Which is not by my powers. So you're right. And I agree with you, even though I didn't want to admit right away. I'm gonna put this your quote in a frame if that's all right with you.
fisherman

Re: I wanna apologise to TEXAN

Postby Texan » 04 Nov 2018, 11:33

I'd like to apologize as well for my initial remarks about your forum. I was overwhelmed at the organizations and good graphics and then was very surprised that you were the only poster there. I don't care for a lot of your posts and I will still keep you at arm's length for quite some time, but I don't mean anybody any harm and politics is just politics. I can disagree with people or be annoyed by people and still wish them well. I hope you are successful at whatever you do. That doesn't mean I won't get in your grill and call a spade a spade. I expect the same from you and others. The Aussies here seem to be open to discussion and are not afraid to take and receive criticism and even insults up to a point. I find that refreshing.

See you around the boards.
Texan
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby fisherman » 04 Nov 2018, 14:44

Texan wrote:I'd like to apologize as well for my initial remarks about your forum. I was overwhelmed at the organizations and good graphics and then was very surprised that you were the only poster there. I don't care for a lot of your posts and I will still keep you at arm's length for quite some time, but I don't mean anybody any harm and politics is just politics. I can disagree with people or be annoyed by people and still wish them well. I hope you are successful at whatever you do. That doesn't mean I won't get in your grill and call a spade a spade. I expect the same from you and others. The Aussies here seem to be open to discussion and are not afraid to take and receive criticism and even insults up to a point. I find that refreshing.

See you around the boards.

It's okay, no problem. It's better you said that because I would've invested time and it would've came to a halt. Politics is also dirty business where I won't get involved anymore. I'll stay low and provide narrow expertise and that's it.
fisherman

Postby Bongalong » 05 Nov 2018, 12:28

There is no such thing as 'a business-man'... you have a skill and then you either do or don't go into business!

:bgrin
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Sprintcyclist » 05 Nov 2018, 13:18

Good on you Fisherman.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby fisherman » 06 Nov 2018, 23:43

Bongalong wrote:There is no such thing as 'a business-man'... you have a skill and then you either do or don't go into business!

:bgrin

The problem is I wanted to have a platform where to speak and share opinion but more and more I realise that's just pointless and stupid. Look at what happened to Alex Jones' YouTube channel and social media. That speaks a lot.
fisherman

Return to Off Topic