No spoilers

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

No spoilers

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 14:55

Scientist in remote Antarctic outpost stabs colleague who told him endings of books he was reading

Sergey Savitsky, 55, and Oleg Beloguzov, 52, were avid readers to pass the lonely hours during four harsh years together.

A scientist in a remote outpost in Antarctica plunged a kitchen knife into his colleague because he was fed up with the man telling him the endings of books, say investigators.

Sergey Savitsky, 55, and Oleg Beloguzov, 52, were avid readers to pass the lonely hours during four harsh years together.

But Savitsky became angry after Beloguzov kept telling him the endings, it is alleged.

The victim is now in intensive care after being flown from Russia’s Bellingshausen research station on King George Island to Chile with a knife injury to his heart.

Savitsky is back home in St Petersburg under house arrest and has been charged with attempted murder.

It is believed to be the first time a man has been charged with a murder bid in Antartica.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scientist-remote-antarctic-outpost-stabs-13490682?fbclid=IwAR12nYA7aaDerOaZoEV0wTc6ZyPbd6qXs40V98NTo24G4uBAG_a9-8ughfs
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: No spoilers

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 14:57

:b :b

I'll be sure to never discuss books or movies with that bloke :scare
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 14:59

I can fully relate. Apparently, he kept doing it. You'd go spare.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 15:02

mothra wrote:I can fully relate. Apparently, he kept doing it. You'd go spare.

I'm the other way. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Thats probably why I've read all my books at least 3 or 4 times minimum
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 15:08

Come on. Imagine it. Locked up with some other guy for four years and one of your greatest pleasures is reading except some prick keeps telling you the ending?

I. Would. Kill.

That said, my son, as a toddler, ate the last page of my book. Fortunately for him i was impressed at his rat-like cunning and continued to let him sleep in the house.
mothra
Duck

Postby SethBullock » 01 Nov 2018, 15:14

Isolated, slowly going insane. Reminded me of the movie "The Shining".
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 15:18

SethBullock wrote:Isolated, slowly going insane. Reminded me of the movie "The Shining".

They don't call it cabin fever for nothing.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 02 Nov 2018, 06:40

He is lucky the guy didn’t cut out his tongue . :mad
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby fisherman » 03 Nov 2018, 09:03

It was probably him who stabbed the man.

fisherman

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Nov 2018, 09:13

A native of deepest Antarctica.......... :b
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 03 Nov 2018, 09:14

fisherman wrote:It was probably him who stabbed the man.

nope. Don't worry, you're bound to get something right one day. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Return to Off Topic