I have a FORUM

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: I have a FORUM

Postby pinkeye » 01 Nov 2018, 00:37

yes Batka….. you have a lot to say, but not much actually makes sense
+.
fisherman wrote: I'll happily shoot Germans or my own people if they're against my ideology, you simpleton.

That ideology being what? exactly. ? Hmmm?

I am definitely interested.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Texan » 01 Nov 2018, 00:47

I went to Fisherman’s forum. It made me think of the movie “Blazing Saddles. He has built an exact replica of the town of Rock Ridge right down to the red roof on Howard Johnson’s outhouse , but forgot to include people.
Last edited by Texan on 01 Nov 2018, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 01 Nov 2018, 00:48

:bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 01 Nov 2018, 00:51

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:He has a point ( live in candy land ) we know where u moved too, I reacon John might have white shoes as well :purple

It's also known as 'Gods Country'

and no, no white shoes (it's supposed to be white socks ...........not shoes :roll )

Ohh no maybe I’m American too..... I was thinking of white lines and black ties a les Norton book :purple
Nothin worse than fucking up a insult :OMG

sorry. My mistake. I just googled it. Turns out it was the white shoe brigade after all. It was long before I moved here either way.

I'm not as old as you :hot

The good old White Shoe Brigade.. just a media invention really, to describe those éntrepreneurs' who made their fortune there.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 01 Nov 2018, 06:08

I’m reminded of the immortal words of the Three Stooges’ Curly ...

Moe to Curly: “What did you do that for, you imbecile?”

Curly (looking mad): “I’m not an imbecile! (Smiles with pride). I’m a moron! Yuk, yuk, yuk!”
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 06:12

SethBullock wrote:I’m reminded of the immortal words of the Three Stooges’ Curly ...

Curly (looking mad): “I’m not an imbecile! (Smiles with pride). I’m a moron! Yuk, yuk, yuk!”

Don't join on convos you don't own.
fisherman

Postby Texan » 01 Nov 2018, 06:25

fisherman wrote:
SethBullock wrote:I’m reminded of the immortal words of the Three Stooges’ Curly ...

You don't own this forum. How do you expect to get people on your website if you try to boss people around elsewhere?
Texan
Feral cat

Postby DonDeeHippy » 01 Nov 2018, 06:55

Yes fissureman owns a forum with only 1 member and even that one doesn’t like the company there...... :purple
:tweed
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby Texan » 01 Nov 2018, 07:09

I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but here is my advice for his forum.

Pick one topic that you are an absolute master of. Pare down the forum to just that topic and seed it with many relevant topics. Start going to similar forums, and instead of inviting people to go to your forum, post on that topic and establish yourself as a good resource. Post links on topics in the similar forum that are covered in your forum. When they see that your site has good information and they trust that you are not a space cadet, maybe they will be inclined to join.

Your current forum has all kinds of cool topical categories, but it's an empty shell and nobody wants to be your guinea pig.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 07:10

Texan wrote:
fisherman wrote:

You don't own this forum. How do you expect to get people on your website if you try to boss people around elsewhere?

I at least don't want to ban your guns like 99% of the people on this forum, but thanks for making that insulting remark about the forum not having users. If I'm important enough, God will give me users. Thanks.
fisherman

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 07:12

Texan wrote:I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but here is my advice for his forum.

Pick one topic that you are an absolute master of. Pare down the forum to just that topic and seed it with many relevant topics. Start going to similar forums, and instead of inviting people to go to your forum, post on that topic and establish yourself as a good resource. Post links on topics in the similar forum that are covered in your forum. When they see that your site has good information and they trust that you are not a space cadet, maybe they will be inclined to join.

Your current forum has all kinds of cool topical categories, but it's an empty shell and nobody wants to be your guinea pig.

That's useful info, works great for a Business, or if I want to develop it quickly. Honestly I couldn't care less about my forum. It'll serve as something as a diary. Plus I don't need a lot of traffic since I have a couple of other websites on the same shared hosting. It's fast but it cannot handle a large database or a lot of traffic.

:thumb

I just don't want my information to disappear anymore. I want it to be there. I wouldn't advertise it on forums. I don't need to be THAT guy. I'll publish it in Google today, and destiny will speak.
fisherman

Postby SethBullock » 01 Nov 2018, 08:07

fisherman wrote:

“Do as I say, you pile ‘a monkey nuts!” - Sheriff Buford T Justice
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 08:08

SethBullock wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Fuck your Sheriff. Most of em were paid murderers, especially the ones that started the Lincoln County War.
fisherman

Postby Texan » 01 Nov 2018, 08:16

SethBullock wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Jackie Gleason was greatness.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby DonDeeHippy » 01 Nov 2018, 08:28

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Didn’t he also say... remind me to slap your momma when we get home :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 09:20

Texan wrote:I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but here is my advice for his forum.

By the way I'm an expert in web design and knives and knife sharpening but a board based on web design or knives and cutlery would be dead for ages. My idea is more global than that. I'm leaving my professional and hobby expertise so I can give people something no one never can. Boards are run by the Zog and are full of idiots and many things get deleted.

Yes, I very well may be an asshole and a "moron" but I'm posting shit nobody posts anywhere. Fact. And I'm working on this and a few other things alone. This doesn't bring me any money so for now it's a freebie. And beggars can't be choosers. There's no full happiness. Shit behaviour for the exchange of eye openers. It is what it is.

These guys here, the ones insulting me, they're old people. From what I understood most of them are 60-70+ years old. You can see they believe their life is already over. And John Smith... John lives in a shack somewhere in the desert, drinking beers all day and watching Netflix like some Zombie.

Sorry, not for me. Too pathetic to execute.
fisherman

Postby SethBullock » 01 Nov 2018, 09:32

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Junior: “My hat blew off, Daddy”

Buford T Justice: “I hope your goddamn head was in it.”
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 10:04

I see the resident moron is still at it.

:roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 10:44

johnsmith wrote:I see the resident moron is still at it.

fisherman

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 10:55

fisherman wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I see the resident moron is still at it.

careful, with your brains you're more likely to shoot yourself in the foot
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 01 Nov 2018, 11:09

fisherman wrote: And John Smith... John lives in a shack somewhere in the desert, drinking beers all day and watching Netflix

Lucky bastard! :beer
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 11:42

greggerypeccary wrote:
fisherman wrote: And John Smith... John lives in a shack somewhere in the desert, drinking beers all day and watching Netflix

come join me! I'll shout you a beer :beer
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby fisherman » 01 Nov 2018, 11:56

greggerypeccary wrote:

I don't think so. Australia is not Bora-Bora, you lo'.
fisherman

Postby SethBullock » 01 Nov 2018, 12:18

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Didn’t he also say... remind me to slap your momma when we get home :purple

Haha!

SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Previous

Return to Off Topic