My Health Record

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.
.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

My Health Record

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Oct 2018, 11:26

Has anyone opted out of 'My Health Record'?

I'm considering doing it, but am interested in arguments for and against.

We have until 15 November this year if we want to opt out.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 11:30

i figure they already have (and share) my details, irrespective of whether they admit it or not. I may as well make it easier for a doc to save my life should the situation ever arise.


besides,unlike Goobby, I have no history of STD's or operations to remove bottles from my arse that i need to hide
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby mothra » 09 Oct 2018, 11:34

I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 11:39

mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


i think that insurance companies can already gain access to your health records if you're making a claim on medical grounds
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Oct 2018, 11:44

mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed by nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


Yes, I'm highly suspicious.

There's no way they can guarantee it won't be hacked - and sure as hell, it will be one day - and there's no way they can stop corrupt employees from accessing and selling the information.

John's right too: they already have all the information, and are probably passing it on.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby mothra » 09 Oct 2018, 11:44

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


i think that insurance companies can already gain access to your health records if you're making a claim on medical grounds



Yes they can. They also charge permiums dependant on where you live, owing to having compiled health information already available to them.

I do not want them and others like them having access to more.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Oct 2018, 12:01

greggerypeccary
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby Dax » 09 Oct 2018, 13:25

Was all for opting out, then 4 weeks ago suffered and horrendous injury to my hand. As have sever allergies, in hospital when they administered an antibiotic, went into shock, if they didn't have my records, they wouldn't have known what they could and couldn't give me.

Mine are already there, because the DVA has them and didn't know they automatically put them on the system. Now not so sure which way to go, as travel a hell of a lot, having my health records available could be very beneficial.
User avatar
Dax
mountain lion
 
Posts: 676
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 13:42

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


i think that insurance companies can already gain access to your health records if you're making a claim on medical grounds



Yes they can. They also charge permiums dependant on where you live, owing to having compiled health information already available to them.

I do not want them and others like them having access to more.



so if they already have them, you stop nothing by opting out
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby mothra » 09 Oct 2018, 14:00

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


i think that insurance companies can already gain access to your health records if you're making a claim on medical grounds



Yes they can. They also charge permiums dependant on where you live, owing to having compiled health information already available to them.

I do not want them and others like them having access to more.



so if they already have them, you stop nothing by opting out



They don't have everything.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: My Health Record

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 14:02

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:I've opted out. I am inherently suspicious of the collation of information on people. I suspect strongly that the information will be accessed byt nefarious ill-doers such as insurance companies to further discriminate against us and shaft those with the least power.


i think that insurance companies can already gain access to your health records if you're making a claim on medical grounds



Yes they can. They also charge permiums dependant on where you live, owing to having compiled health information already available to them.

I do not want them and others like them having access to more.



so if they already have them, you stop nothing by opting out



They don't have everything.


I'd bet they have the important stuff... as for the files on when i had an ingrown toenail, or a splinter in my butt (she was worth it :bgrin ), i don't think keeping that secret outweighs the benefits



I do agree though that in the end you need to do what you are most comfortable with
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal


Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aussie, Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest