Imagine if men were afraid to walk home alone at night

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Imagine if men were afraid to walk home alone at night

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2018, 14:05

Bongalong wrote:Why would someone from another country post on an Australian Political Forum? :tweed

Because I asked him to. So shut the fuck up!

:beer
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Texan » 26 Oct 2018, 14:11

Bongalong wrote:Why would someone from another country post on an Australian Political Forum? :tweed

I wondered the same thing with Aussies on an American forum. That’s why I’m hesitant to tell you how to run your country. I’m tired of hearing it from foreigners. I’m just trying to see where they are coming from.
Texan
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 26 Oct 2018, 14:14

Texan wrote:

I wondered the same thing with Aussies on an American forum. That’s why I’m hesitant to tell you how to run your country. I’m tired of hearing it from foreigners. I’m just trying to see where they are coming from.

Don't allow Bong Boy worry you. And if you have a view on Australia, blast away. That's why we have this Forum. It is not only so Monk can post about food, beer and gardening.

:bgrin
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 26 Oct 2018, 14:15

Texan wrote:That’s why I’m hesitant to tell you how to run your country..

Go for it. The politicians need all the help they can get, no matter where it comes from.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby fisherman » 26 Oct 2018, 16:38

Because Australia's worth it. I'm starting to have a lot of genuine interest in it. I only had talk on America and Italy. But that's why there's the Internet. People meet. We exchange. We learn. We rise. We help each otha. Russians, Serbians, Turks, live in an isolated world and that's why they're ignorantes. I refuse to be the one.

And for your information, I had an ARB bumpa, an ARB snorkel, and an Old Man Emu suspension for my G-Wagen and my Pajero. And I've watched more Mick Taylor and Fat Pizza than you ever watched TV.

Now stuff it and bow down to AUS. He wrecked your point with just three words.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2018, 17:45

Once my house is built I would love to rent it out for a year and go grey nomading, lots of Australia I haven’t seen. Would also go overseas, spend MONTHS in a country. Walk Hadrian’s wall, cycle through Devon & Cornwall etc, spend a few months on the Scottish islands.

Want to see the Kimberlies, Uluru, Atherton Tablelands (have wanted to do that since I read a poem by Judith Wright about it.) Go to Vienna and see a few operas there, especially Mozart. Saw the Magic Flute there in ’79. Walk the Vienna Woods in summer. Cruise up the Rhine and down the Danube, visit the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul—it was built in 537AD! I have seen the Eiffel Tower but not been to the top. Love to go back to Florence—incredible food there :OMG it is good. Another visit to Pompey, Ostia Antico, the ruins of Ancient Rome.

Never went to Eastern Europe in 1978-9, behind the Iron Curtain and I did not think it wise to get a visa. Love to visit Prague, the cathedral, the brewery etc. So much!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 26 Oct 2018, 18:04

HBS Guy wrote:Once my house is built I would love to rent it out for a year and go grey nomading, lots of Australia I haven’t seen. Would also go overseas, spend MONTHS in a country. Walk Hadrian’s wall, cycle through Devon & Cornwall etc, spend a few months on the Scottish islands.

Want to see the Kimberlies, Uluru, Atherton Tablelands (have wanted to do that since I read a poem by Judith Wright about it.) Go to Vienna and see a few operas there, especially Mozart. Saw the Magic Flute there in ’79. Walk the Vienna Woods in summer. Cruise up the Rhine and down the Danube, visit the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul—it was built in 537AD! I have seen the Eiffel Tower but not been to the top. Love to go back to Florence—incredible food there :OMG it is good. Another visit to Pompey, Ostia Antico, the ruins of Ancient Rome.

Never went to Eastern Europe in 1978-9, behind the Iron Curtain and I did not think it wise to get a visa. Love to visit Prague, the cathedral, the brewery etc. So much!

I don't want to break your spirit but everything is highly overrated. You're missing on the best places. It's just bad marketing and propaganda. I've been and I've lived everywhere almost. I know what's around. It's your choice though.

What's grey nomading btw?
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2018, 18:08

Who are grey(haired?) Middleaged to spry elderly, people with grey hair touring Australia.

Viewing a live performance of a Mozart opera is NEVER a waste of time. Or Ludvig van—I saw Fidelia that week too.

Those are things I like, bit of a history buff. But lots other things as well. People too, etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 26 Oct 2018, 18:12

HBS Guy wrote:Who are grey(haired?) Middleaged to spry elderly, people with grey hair touring Australia.

Viewing a live performance of a Mozart opera is NEVER a waste of time. Or Ludvig van—I saw Fidelia that week too.

Those are things I like, bit of a history buff. But lots other things as well. People too, etc.

I've travelled through Austria a couple of times. It's the shittiest place ever. Plus Operas are everywhere, you can find.

Then grey nomading it is. Just make sure you have good tenants. Won't be cool to see your place shitted on a year later.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Oct 2018, 19:29

Yeah, I know. Good property manager.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 27 Oct 2018, 01:17

HBS Guy wrote:Once my house is built I would love to rent it out for a year and go grey nomading, lots of Australia I haven’t seen. Would also go overseas, spend MONTHS in a country. Walk Hadrian’s wall, cycle through Devon & Cornwall etc, spend a few months on the Scottish islands.

Can I come along..? :beer :buddy :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby fisherman » 27 Oct 2018, 03:32

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah, I know. Good property manager.

The Opera at Sofia, Bulgaria:
(Not the Ivan Vazov Theatre but the National Opera)

fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 06:17

pinkeye wrote:

Can I come along..? :beer :buddy :bgrin

Why not?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 27 Oct 2018, 11:59

Aussie wrote:

Because I asked him to. So shut the fuck up!

:beer

Why would you ask someone from another country to post on an Australian political forum: is it because you're the troll buddy?

:zzzz :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :yahoo :B :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c

:clap :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle :clap :clap
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 27 Oct 2018, 12:02

Aussie wrote:
Texan wrote:

Don't allow Bong Boy worry you. And if you have a view on Australia, blast away. That's why we have this Forum. It is not only so Monk can post about food, beer and gardening.

:bgrin

It's actually all a subterfuge to post endless crap about feminism and if someone in particular complains they get censored by a thousand random cuts!

:Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 12:29

Then post something with substance, not just cursing people in colored fonts and lots of emoticons. You know—debate!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 13:58

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah, I know. Good property manager.

you called?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 27 Oct 2018, 14:56

If Monk actually does what he says.....he will not need one. I'll go baby sit his joint to get out of the Qld heat which I am well over. Hell, I'll even pay rent!

:yahoo
Aussie

Postby fisherman » 27 Oct 2018, 15:57

Usually: a lot of emotions = 13-year old puber pussy. Translate what a puber means from Bulgarian, you puber pussy. Dechko. Translate that too. Puber dechko pussy.
fisherman

Postby Aussie » 27 Oct 2018, 15:58

fisherman wrote:Usually: a lot of emotions = 13-year old puber pussy. Translate what a puber means from Bulgarian, you puber pussy. Dechko. Translate that too. Puber dechko pussy.

*I have no idea*

:huh
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 16:40

Aussie wrote:If Monk actually does what he says.....he will not need one. I'll go baby sit his joint to get out of the Qld heat which I am well over. Hell, I'll even pay rent!

How else can I afford to grey nomad?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 18:33

Aussie wrote:If Monk actually does what he says.....he will not need one. I'll go baby sit his joint to get out of the Qld heat which I am well over. Hell, I'll even pay rent!

stop your whinging you wuss, the heat has yet to begin :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 27 Oct 2018, 18:36

johnsmith wrote:

Yes I know Mexican. I was born here and have lived all my life in Qld, so I well know that I am over the heat and living in a fridge for a while is fine by me.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 18:40

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Yes I know Mexican. I was born here and have lived all my life in Qld, so I well know that I am over the heat and living in a fridge for a while is fine by me.

your own stupid fault for living here all your life. Move to mexico before it's to late.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby fisherman » 27 Oct 2018, 18:49

Aussie wrote:
fisherman wrote:Usually: a lot of emotions = 13-year old puber pussy. Translate what a puber means from Bulgarian, you puber pussy. Dechko. Translate that too. Puber dechko pussy.

*I have no idea*

:huh

I was addressing the "DRAH" guy.
fisherman

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic