The Life of the Fiance of a Young Cane Farmer

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

The Life of the Fiance of a Young Cane Farmer

Postby Aussie » 05 Sep 2018, 19:28

Just one of many reasons why I love being part of this type of life and why i can’t wait to be a farmer’s wife. It’s hard work, it’s early mornings, late nights, muddy boots, being covered from head to toe in oil, dirty as fuck hands, dirt embedded into the prints of your feet, dirt all over your bench and clean dishes even when the windows are shut, white isn’t even a colour considered being in the house or being worn, dust everywhere, a dirty shower with grease drops in it, replacing the shower curtain every few months, swearing like nothing you’ve ever heard, drought, flood, wind, rain, soot, ceased machinery, motors shitting themselves, grease, cane fires, having the harvester shake the entire donga as it goes past, cane trains at all hours of the night, water winches forever giving you drama and getting up through the night to check on them, cuts and bruises, burns and grazes, family fights, stress, replacing clothes every few months and putting towels on the lounges to stop them getting dirty. Beers at the pub every Friday night after a hard week of work. Coffees early in the morning and hot chocolates at night. Feeding big meals to fill the hole in your gut that has been empty all day because who has time to stop for lunch? Seeing beautiful cane across the road all year round knowing that all of the blood, sweat and tears that has gone into it has been worth it. Each and everyday, all year, day in day out you’re doing it. I wouldn’t change a thing about it

Next time you have sugar in the spoon....reflect on how it got there.

:bgrin
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: The Life of the Fiance of a Young Cane Farmer

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Sep 2018, 19:49

Who’d be a farmer?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 05 Sep 2018, 19:54

That young cane farmer is fifth generation in the same area. It's in the dna. My Mother's Mob. Salt .... or is that sugar...of the Earth.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Sep 2018, 20:05

They call them salt of the earth—but earth that is salted is not much good.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 05 Sep 2018, 20:20

HBS Guy wrote:They call them salt of the earth—but earth that is salted is not much good.

Yeas....never could understand that expression...in a literal sense. If I could be arsed, I'd go Google it now, but can't be arsed.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Return to Off Topic