plastic bags

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: plastic bags

Postby johnsmith » 02 Aug 2018, 21:30

HBS Guy wrote:put all but one bag into the last one.

:stop

then I have to carry it. I can't have that :WTF
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby Sprintcyclist » 03 Aug 2018, 08:26

HBS Guy wrote:I use permanent use bags. One of them is a “soft esky” and fish and meat go in there.

yes, I use a few cooler bags too. They are really good
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 08:35

It's the outrage from joe public that they don't get their bags, that i can't understand.

It was easy for our household because we were already doing it.

But forcing a huge company such a Coles to backflip is just fucking embarrassing! pile it onto all the rest of the things Australia has done in recent years that i am embarrassed........ no..... just sad about.
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 08:37

The “soft esky” is a bit more than a cooler bag. It also has a flap on top you can lift to deposit small–medium sized parcels without having to undo the zipper on the bag. Keeps its shape–really very good! $15 at Coles. I eat sashimi and really want that kept cool on way home (won’t eat it once weather gets quite warm.)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 08:39

We did it in SA. Bit annoying when you forgot to bring a permanent use bag but only costs 20¢ and good for bagging up garbage to go into the bin. No hassle.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 09:09

I'm going to look into that.
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 09:19

I love it. Forgot it one market day—so bought another.

Useful on trips to Melbourne for the ferry, keep bread, maters, bit fruitcake cool, have a small gelpack in there. Little car “fridge” for keeping grilled pancetta and chocolate milk cold. It is a “cooler” and stuff needs to be cold when put into the fridge. I put in a couple gel packs and put what is to go into it in second fridge turned to coldest setting overnight. That way don’t have to buy greasy shit to eat on the road. A couple small bottles frozen water means I don’t have to buy bottled water.

Can’t really use it on trips where you spend time out of the car—engine not running no power to the fridge. Be nice if I could have a battery to keep fridge going.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 09:31

mmmm...... pancetta and choccy milk

hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 09:45

Yeah, damn tooting!

Grill pancetta, drain/cool on paper towel, wrap in clingwrap or greaseproof paper etc. Put in fridge/esky. Slice a tomato, wrap up, 2 slices bread ditto, keep cool but not cold. Assemble sandwich at lunch time. Delicious, crispy-salty from pancetta, tangy-juicy from tomato. Finish by drinking some chocolate milk for “desert.”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 09:49

yyyyuuuummola

stop derailing my plastic bag rant with your delicious recipe ideas dammit!

It's still 4 long hours till lunch time! :?
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 09:52

I were just thinking this thread had gotten derailed.

Good practice for my mods to split and splice threads. . . . . :roll :bgrin :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 09:55

But there are several types of permanent use bags (there, back On Topic!) including the soft eskies that really are a good investment! Maybe not so much if you do your shopping at supermarkets. (bag checking, etc)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sprintcyclist » 03 Aug 2018, 13:43

hatty wrote:It's the outrage from joe public that they don't get their bags, that i can't understand.

But forcing a huge company such a Coles to backflip is just fucking embarrassing! pile it onto all the rest of the things Australia has done in recent years that i am embarrassed........ no..... just sad about.

I think that is just media nonsense
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby Sprintcyclist » 03 Aug 2018, 13:47

HBS Guy wrote:The “soft esky” is a bit more than a cooler bag. It also has a flap on top you can lift to deposit small–medium sized parcels without having to undo the zipper on the bag. Keeps its shape–really very good! $15 at Coles. I eat sashimi and really want that kept cool on way home (won’t eat it once weather gets quite warm.)

ah, they are better.

Look at these, for workers

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/insulated-bag,-grey/1752878

........... Say goodbye to lunch woes with this insulated lunch bag that keeps your meals fresh - a great pick for those who have a busy schedule.

600D polyester
Insulated bag
Zippered closure
Twin handles
Clean according to instructions on the care label
For domestic use only
22cm (H) x 32cm (W) x 15cm (D) ...........
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 14:50

With a gel pack or bottle frozen water be good even in summer heat, keep stuff cool for 3 hours.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 15:08

Sprintcyclist wrote:
hatty wrote:It's the outrage from joe public that they don't get their bags, that i can't understand.

But my OP said i saw a guy give shit to a school girl over a 15c bag to put his $30 smokes in. I don't get my news from the telly but this was something i witnessed first hand
hatty
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sprintcyclist » 04 Aug 2018, 08:17

hatty wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

But my OP said i saw a guy give shit to a school girl over a 15c bag to put his $30 smokes in. I don't get my news from the telly but this was something i witnessed first hand

thanks.
I heard one shopper when woolies gave out free bags for a few weeks say he was happy for the reprieve.
I thought 'reprive. you were not sentenced'.

so, there may have been some pressure on sales staff ?
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 04 Aug 2018, 08:26

first world problem :roll :roll :roll ....

try carry a bucket of water on your head and walk for 10 km, daily,

then tell me about how terrible it is for you to have to do without a plastic bag :nah :nah
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 04 Aug 2018, 13:59

New Coles Initiative Allows Customers To Dispose Of Plastic Bags Directly Into Ocean

Saying it wanted to make it as easy as possible for customers to contribute to environmental degradation, shopping centre giant Coles today launched a new initiative that will funnel plastic bags directly into the ocean.

Under the new plan, shoppers will be able to place their bags into a specially marked bin in Coles supermarkets, with the bags being directly funnelled into the ocean via a complex system of pipes and tunnels.

The company also announced plans for a number of floating disposal points throughout the Pacific Ocean. “If you’re heading out fishing or on a cruise, take your bags with you and look out for a Coles disposal bin,” a spokesperson said. “It’s the quickest way to ensure they get directly to fish and ocean wildlife”.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/08/02/new-coles-initiative-allows-customers-to-dispose-of-plastic-bags-directly-into-ocean/?wp-nocache=true
mothra
Duck

Postby Bongalong » 04 Aug 2018, 14:11

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:ok.......

I cannot believe the backlash at the big supermarkets trying to stop plastic bags!

some fuckwit in front of me last nite gave shit to a school kid for asking him if he could pay 15c for a bag to put his $30 pack of smokes in.

So much so that Coles have backflipped

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/cult ... ways-right

Haven't you seen the island of plastic in the pacific that is as big as Queensland (but at least the plastic doesn't vote for Pauline Hanson) you dick!!!

How fucking hard is it to bring your own fucking bags?!

humans are filth.

/end rant

Have you ever considered you might be the filth giving the dirty lecture?

That wasn't a lecture

It was a rant!

Have a nice day!

You don't like me much do you cuzzy bro? :beer
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 04 Aug 2018, 14:12

hatty wrote:who cares if i'm munted or just a fucking retarded cunt-head........

please refrain from derailing my thread.

kind regards

hatty (Mister fucking retarded cunt-head)

You should call yourself a kiwi bro: you're that fucked!
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 04 Aug 2018, 14:13

HBS Guy wrote:Lighten up, DRAH!

(Bongalong uses many names but I think “Death Rides a Horse” was his best.)

Tell someone else off for once in your mutated life bruther! :bike :bike
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 04 Aug 2018, 14:16

johnsmith wrote:I don't understanf why anyone even bothers with bags unless they're pedestrians.

I put my shopping in a trolley, from trolley to conveyor at checkout then straight back into trolley

Once I get to the car I put it in one of these

lives in my boot space, folds flat when not in use so takes up almost no room and I can carry the whole lot inside then unload. Easy Peasy Japanesy

Lookout: granny is intruding on everyones lives again :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 04 Aug 2018, 14:18

HBS Guy wrote:I use permanent use bags. One of them is a “soft esky” and fish and meat go in there.

Are you promoting that as the consuming stock-holders-burden? :bgrin
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 04 Aug 2018, 17:03

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I don't understanf why anyone even bothers with bags unless they're pedestrians.

I put my shopping in a trolley, from trolley to conveyor at checkout then straight back into trolley

Once I get to the car I put it in one of these

lives in my boot space, folds flat when not in use so takes up almost no room and I can carry the whole lot inside then unload. Easy Peasy Japanesy

Lookout: granny is intruding on everyones lives again :Hi

don't feel that way bongalong, you're not intruding at all. It's a public forum and you're welcome to speak whenever you like.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic