plastic bags

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

plastic bags

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 13:54

ok.......

I cannot believe the backlash at the big supermarkets trying to stop plastic bags!

some fuckwit in front of me last nite gave shit to a school kid for asking him if he could pay 15c for a bag to put his $30 pack of smokes in.

So much so that Coles have backflipped

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/cult ... ways-right

Haven't you seen the island of plastic in the pacific that is as big as Queensland (but at least the plastic doesn't vote for Pauline Hanson) you dick!!!

How fucking hard is it to bring your own fucking bags?!

humans are filth.

/end rant
hatty
Chihuahua

spamone: Animal

Re: plastic bags

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 13:58

Homo sapiens, “The Wise One” allegedly, is the only species to shit in its own nest.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 14:00

Haha can i use that?

I'll reference you..... is it HBS guy, or Monk?
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 14:04

Call me Monk.

I should have made the Founder Admin HBS Guy and my daily posting account Jovial Monk.

Jovial Monk was the name of my home brew shop (hence HBS Guy you see?) and I named it that after the Belgian Trappist Monks who brewed (now it is brewed by lay people) those lovely Trappist ales, tripels and dubbels.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 14:06

I'm liking you more and more by the day :c
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 14:49

Westmalle Tripel ooohhhhhhhh!

Then there is Chimay, rochefort. Are more but we don’t get their beers here, Westvleteren for example don’t export.

Duvel, a Golden Ale is to die for! (Not trappist but has some religious connotation in the name, Duvel = Devil)

All are high sugar beers, legacy of a time when Belgium taxed brewers on mash tun size so smaller mash tun, more sugar to replace the less malt. But these are big beers, very well made (the sugar is invert sugar not straight cane sugar) and are peak of the brewers’ art.

Abbey beers are like Trappist beers but are no longer, or never were, brewed by Monks, the brewer just gave his brewery a religious–sounding name or named it after a near-by ruined monastery etc. Leffe is the biggest of these but only their Radieuse is worth trying.

Hoegaarden was a wit, made with 45% unmalted wheat, flavored with coriander seed and Curacao orange peel. Pure dreck now. Lambics in all their variation—horse piss now, at least the ones available here, Morte Subite (“Sudden Death) Timmerman etc.

There is a Canadian brewery, Unibroue, make Belgian style beers of incredibly high standard. No longer export to Australia, damn it! Still dream of them, ooohhhhhhh!!!!!!

Another Belgian beer style, saison, from the French-speaking Walloon region of Belgium, and from Department Du Nord and Department Dunkirk (IIRC) started out as low alcohol beers to refresh the saisoneurs, the seasonal workers employed to get the harvest in, nowadays a bit higher alcohol. I brewed a 4% version, trying to be “opportunistic” and added a kilo flaked spelt and used White Labs saison yeast: a month in secondary, the beer finished bone dry at 1002 gravity but had a HUGE mouthfeel due to the protein from all that spelt. Weird but nice. Then there are Flemish Brown and Old Sour, never saw any here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 02 Aug 2018, 15:16

hatty wrote:ok.......

I cannot believe the backlash at the big supermarkets trying to stop plastic bags!

some fuckwit in front of me last nite gave shit to a school kid for asking him if he could pay 15c for a bag to put his $30 pack of smokes in.

Haven't you seen the island of plastic in the pacific that is as big as Queensland (but at least the plastic doesn't vote for Pauline Hanson) you dick!!!

humans are filth.

/end rant

What drives me crazy is we already won this battle. There was a huge campaign against plastic bags years ago. People just fucking forgot about it.

Now here we are. Plastic in the Mariana Trench. Fucking marvy, species.
mothra
Duck

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:26

HBS Guy wrote:Homo sapiens, “The Wise One” allegedly, is the only species to shit in its own nest.

A direct question: What is your proof of that?
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:27

hatty wrote:Haha can i use that?

You can use what, exactly?

(As an idiot you can't, by definition, use much IMHO!)
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:30

HBS Guy wrote:Westmalle Tripel ooohhhhhhhh!

Then there is Chimay, rochefort. Are more but we don’t get their beers here, Westvleteren for example don’t export.

Duvel, a Golden Ale is to die for! (Not trappist but has some religious connotation in the name, Duvel = Devil)

All are high sugar beers, legacy of a time when Belgium taxed brewers on mash tun size so smaller mash tun, more sugar to replace the less malt. But these are big beers, very well made (the sugar is invert sugar not straight cane sugar) and are peak of the brewers’ art.

Abbey beers are like Trappist beers but are no longer, or never were, brewed by Monks, the brewer just gave his brewery a religious–sounding name or named it after a near-by ruined monastery etc. Leffe is the biggest of these but only their Radieuse is worth trying.

Hoegaarden was a wit, made with 45% unmalted wheat, flavored with coriander seed and Curacao orange peel. Pure dreck now. Lambics in all their variation—horse piss now, at least the ones available here, Morte Subite (“Sudden Death) Timmerman etc.

There is a Canadian brewery, Unibroue, make Belgian style beers of incredibly high standard. No longer export to Australia, damn it! Still dream of them, ooohhhhhhh!!!!!!

Another Belgian beer style, saison, from the French-speaking Walloon region of Belgium, and from Department Du Nord and Department Dunkirk (IIRC) started out as low alcohol beers to refresh the saisoneurs, the seasonal workers employed to get the harvest in, nowadays a bit higher alcohol. I brewed a 4% version, trying to be “opportunistic” and added a kilo flaked spelt and used White Labs saison yeast: a month in secondary, the beer finished bone dry at 1002 gravity but had a HUGE mouthfeel due to the protein from all that spelt. Weird but nice. Then there are Flemish Brown and Old Sour, never saw any here.

Credit given where credit is due: ooh la la! (Hey, where is the ooh la la emoticon when you need it?)

((Maybe I should look up a moving gif and really get up mothras bottom :rofl ))
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:31

mothra wrote:

humans are filth.

/end rant

What drives me crazy is we already won this battle. There was a huge campaign against plastic bags years ago. People just fucking forgot about it.

Now here we are. Plastic in the Mariana Trench. Fucking marvy, species.

Are you going to kill everyone?
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 15:33

Bongalong wrote:

humans are filth.

/end rant

Have you ever considered you might be the filth giving the dirty lecture?

That wasn't a lecture

It was a rant!

Have a nice day!
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 15:34

Bongalong wrote:

The quote ya numpty
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:40

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

The quote ya numpty

Yeh, EXACTLY how are you going to use it buddy?

:Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 15:56

Oh i don't know

whenever i hear someone deny that humans..... as a species....are fucking this planet?

once again...... it's:

mister fucking retarded cunt-head
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 17:48

hatty wrote:Oh i don't know

whenever i hear someone deny that humans..... as a species....are fucking this planet?

once again...... it's:

mister fucking retarded cunt-head

You're munted bruther: it doesn't matter if you admit it or not :bike
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 17:58

who cares if i'm munted or just a fucking retarded cunt-head........

please refrain from derailing my thread.

kind regards

hatty (Mister fucking retarded cunt-head)
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 18:41

hatty wrote:who cares if i'm munted or just a fucking retarded cunt-head........

please refrain from derailing my thread.

kind regards

hatty (Mister fucking retarded cunt-head)

Lol, so you're a woman are ya? Used to putting unwanted child heads thru your meat market place are ya??

You must live in a nice house :beer
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 18:50

Lighten up, DRAH!

(Bongalong uses many names but I think “Death Rides a Horse” was his best.)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 19:07

soooooo...........

the people who complained about the loss of plastic bags are...... lazy people.
hatty
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 19:29

Yeah.

At the market you get the small plastic bags to put one item in, heap of salad leaves. I use them to line a small bin next to my draining board and when full are knotted shut and go into the bin.

In Tassie I will have two bins and uncooked food waste (potato peelings etc) will go into one to be composted, cooked food waste will go into the bin—attracts vermin.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 02 Aug 2018, 19:40

I don't understanf why anyone even bothers with bags unless they're pedestrians.

I put my shopping in a trolley, from trolley to conveyor at checkout then straight back into trolley

Once I get to the car I put it in one of these

lives in my boot space, folds flat when not in use so takes up almost no room and I can carry the whole lot inside then unload. Easy Peasy Japanesy
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 20:16

I use permanent use bags. One of them is a “soft esky” and fish and meat go in there.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 02 Aug 2018, 21:09

HBS Guy wrote:I use permanent use bags. One of them is a “soft esky” and fish and meat go in there.

i have permanent bags that roll up to no bigger than a cigar in the car as well. I typically fit 3 in each jeans pocket. But I can't be bothered carrying them. It ruins my image :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Aug 2018, 21:18

put all but one bag into the last one.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Off Topic